Things getting better in Connecticut? You Decide.

Will the Nutmeggers Make it to .500?

Yes
14%
No
71%
Definately
14%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 7

Badgers

Things getting better in Connecticut? You Decide.

#1 Post by Badgers »

After a dismal start to the season, the Nutmeggers have gone 26-32 since the beginning of June. Obviously not great or even good by most standards, but considering the fact that Connecticut was in rebuild mode since day 1, it is quite impressive. The biggest contribution has come from Roberto Rodriguez. He recently signed an extension that will keep him a Nutmegger for a few more years. The Nutmeggers are also hoping that a newly extended Miguel Lluea will follow suit and heat up following the signing of his new contract. The Nutmeggers are hoping to finish at the .500 mark this season, and they still have plenty of time to get there.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

While I'm not sure that the Nutmeggers will hit .500 by season's end, I do think there's a lot of reason for optimism going forward. The roster is filled with players who are hitting their prime, and a number of these guys are very talented. The key players will all be returning next year. There's a good chance that, with a season under their belts, this will be a rejuvenated squad next season.

If there's anything I'd say Connecticut could use, it's a shot in the arm for the fan base. A trade bringing in a popular player would be something that would spark some fan interest. That in turn would get more butts in the seats and help boost the bottom line (important since the team is facing a substantial loss this year). So the biggest key in my mind right now is to get that fan base energized!
Badgers

#3 Post by Badgers »

Only 4 votes? I traded away a lot of fan favorites after I acquired the financial burden that is Jeff Cline. I might have been better off not trading for Cline in the first place, but there is no way to really tell.
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Coqui »

Oh no, thank you very much for taking Cline.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Tyler »

I would like to change my vote to "impossible". Connecticut would have to go 40-12 to finish at .500. :oops: :-P

Sorry Nutmeggers. 8)
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Tyler »

Nutmeggers wrote:Only 4 votes? I traded away a lot of fan favorites after I acquired the financial burden that is Jeff Cline. I might have been better off not trading for Cline in the first place, but there is no way to really tell.
Speaking of Cline, get that dude a backup catcher! He's tired as hell and it's surely sapping his performance.
Badgers

#7 Post by Badgers »

Coal Sox wrote:
Nutmeggers wrote:Only 4 votes? I traded away a lot of fan favorites after I acquired the financial burden that is Jeff Cline. I might have been better off not trading for Cline in the first place, but there is no way to really tell.
Speaking of Cline, get that dude a backup catcher! He's tired as hell and it's surely sapping his performance.
Did that right as I was reading your primer!
Badgers

#8 Post by Badgers »

Coal Sox wrote:I would like to change my vote to "impossible". Connecticut would have to go 40-12 to finish at .500. :oops: :-P

Sorry Nutmeggers. 8)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Tyler »

Nutmeggers wrote:
Coal Sox wrote:I would like to change my vote to "impossible". Connecticut would have to go 40-12 to finish at .500. :oops: :-P

Sorry Nutmeggers. 8)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hey, if I'm to meet my preseason goal of 90 wins, I'll have to go 34-18, a .654 clip. Not gonna happen, not after I unloaded my pricey stars. :roll:
Badgers

#10 Post by Badgers »

Coal Sox wrote:
Nutmeggers wrote:

Sorry Nutmeggers. 8)

Hey, if I'm to meet my preseason goal of 90 wins, I'll have to go 34-18, a .654 clip. Not gonna happen, not after I unloaded my pricey stars. :roll:
Ownership wanted me to go .500. If I don't make it any idea what they will do to punish me? :-o
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by John »

You won't be punished for not reaching .500. In OOTP solo play, yes, you'd actually be staring down the possibility of being fired! :-o But in online play you don't have to worry about that... I'm not about to fire you! ;) :grin:
Matt
VIP
VIP

#12 Post by Matt »

My owner expected to win it all this year, and told me so opening day. So much for a grace period.
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Duane »

I wasn't here for the pre-season owner meetings. Is there a way I can see what my 'owner' placed as the goal for me???
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by John »

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to know your owner's expectations is to read the email he sent just prior to the season. In your case the previous owner deleted that email, so I guess there's no way of knowing if you're on the hot seat or not. :-o :shock:
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Duane »

I'm thinking that the previous GM was relieved of duties after the mega-blunder in giving away Kiyomizu ... I was brought in to right the ship.

Hankins is a poor-man's Ace!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “League News and Articles”