2029 CP Rewards

A place for old CP rewards
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2029 CP Rewards

#1 Post by Borealis »

As the Winter Meetings are nearly here (11/9), it's just about that time to start thinking about your CP Reward selections. The Deadline will be November 25, the start of the 2030 Preseason. Things to keep in mind as you plan your selections:

- The Basic Rules and Reward Options. This describes in detail the choices you have and their cost. This is copied straight from the Constitution. The cost of each selection varies and can include the total CP required, a financial cost and/or an article cost. Some have time-sensitive requirements. If deadlines are missed, please consult the Board for clarification and potential waiver.

New as of last season, teams that lack cash in hand to pay for a reward can chose the "Cash" CP option of exchanging 40 CP (or more) for $1,000,000 (or more) to pay for a reward, creating a 'net-zero' cost.

- Winterball: Both Winter Ball and 'Special Coaching' have limitations. A total of two players maximum can be sent to Winterball/Special Coaching. Not two each, just two total. Keep this in mind. Also keep in mind that a player may attend Winter Ball once, so if you are uncertain if a player has gone - particularly if he came in trade, please check the Winter Ball Tracker. Fundamentally, to be eligible for Winter Ball a player must meet all of the following criteria:
  • - The player must have been in the Organization all season – no recent draftees or players acquired in trade after PEBA Opening Day.
    - Must be between the ages of 20 and 26 years old.
    - Players drafted out of a college must have at least 1 year of professional service time. All other players must have at least 2 years of professional service time.
    - Must not have more than 1 year of major league service time.
Nicknames: all playoff teams, as part of their CP earning, also earn a free-nickname for a player on that team. Multiple playoff minor league teams each earn a nickname.

To declare your selections, please do the following:
  • - in the CP Rewards Forum, select 'New Topic' and title it "'Team Name' 2029 CP Rewards".
    - In that new thread, list your selections, the individual costs, and total cost, if appropriate.
    - Team threads will be used to communicate to the Commissioner a GM's desired choices, and be a place for further discussion/clarification between those two.
    - Commentary on selections is appropriate - be it as a point of interest or correction ('Love that nickname' or 'That guy's been to Winter Ball') , but let's try to refrain from hijacking a team's thread.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2029 CP Rewards

#2 Post by Borealis »

As an Addendum, please be sure to denote your posting as FINAL when you have finalized your reward plans! Thanks!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Borealis »

The following teams still owe articles for their CP rewards. Please check your CP selection threads.

- Havana
- Duluth
- Bakersfield
- Shin Seiki
- Hartford

Thank You!
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by Alleghenies »

Borealis wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:17 am The following teams still owe articles for their CP rewards. Please check your CP selection threads.

- Havana
- Duluth
- Bakersfield
- Shin Seiki
- Hartford

Thank You!
Just a question, what are the consequences if they never do it? I know they will, but do we have a system in place for that or just reverse what was done?
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Borealis »

I don't know that this has ever been an issue. I suppose a penalty could be imposed, but it's all for the fun of the game, isn't it?

Maybe it will depend on who it is - say, if it's Bakersfield or Shin Seiki, they lose all their draft picks to the Commissioners Office, or if it's anyone else, West Virginia will pick up the slack for them... that sounds about right... if it's the Alleghenies, is 8 cups of Yuma water every day for a full season...

But in all honesty, I would hope this is an issue that would not be a problem, for that would go against one of our original, basic tenants, as a 'writing' league...
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Leones »

In the case of missing nickname stories we could change the new nicknames to 'Player McPlayerface" :-B

Sorry mine was so late. Time slipped by quickly. The kick in the pants was appreciated. :D
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Ghosts »

Leones wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:10 pm In the case of missing nickname stories we could change the new nicknames to 'Player McPlayerface" :-B
Hahaha now I want a guy named Player McPlayerface. Remind me next season!

I'll leave the cause for draft pick forfeiture to the Evas! Working on mine now!
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current

Return to “Previous CP Rewards”