Sim Update: 2008 Edition

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#481 Post by John »

So much for that little experiment! A new file which includes the two missing .dat files has now replaced the file posted an hour ago. I'm not sure if you'll be able to import this from within the game; for this one time only you may have to download it directly from the website and extract it to your "...\saved_games\PEBA.lg" directory (overwriting everything that's there).

If someone who has already imported the old file can try importing this new file in-game and let us know if it works, that'd be appreciated.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#482 Post by Reg »

mines downloading in the game currently
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#483 Post by Reg »

downloaded in game and it fixed my roster problems, thanks for the quick fix and continued hard work John
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#484 Post by John »

No problem, and thank you for letting me know it worked. I'll get a mailing out right away to inform people who didn't check the forums.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#485 Post by Tyler »

Hitmen wrote:I'm not happy with the results. Of course, since the roster is all screwed up, I don't even know what I'm looking at, but increased injuries absolutely suck.
Well, again, the reason I like these (and even am happy that Wood went down for the rest of ST) is that it forces us to play like real baseball clubs - no more invincible teams.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#486 Post by John »

Last Sim has just had it's first update for 2009. It's a great tool for viewing how your team did at a glance, and it's absolutely invaluable if you don't have access to OOTP. You must be logged in to the online utilities to fully access Last Sim. If you don't remember your password for the utilities, PM me and I'll set you up.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#487 Post by Ghosts »

hey all, i'm trying to export and i'm getting a "-201: connect error".

the internet is working, and i'm 99.9999999 sure i exported yesterday or this morning, but if this is an issue -- and i have no update -- maybe the commish could let me know?

thanks!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#488 Post by John »

I do have an export from you dated yesterday at 8 PM ET.

When did you import the league file last? Was it between 9:30-10:40 PM last Thursday? If so, you have a corrupt league file and need to export from the one that's out right now. If you imported later than 10:40 PM last Thursday, are you exporting from the Manager --> Home Page menu?
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#489 Post by Ghosts »

no i definitely got the file AFTER it had been corrected.

i always export "all the time" over the span of a few days...that is i change something, export, see something else, export, etc. pretty regular.

i'm now having some odd internet issues, so that may be it. i'll try again, but yesterday's is FINE, no need to worry anything new today...i'm pretty sure i did nothing of note in the last 24 hours, i just exported to make sure tonight, in case i had forgotten.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#490 Post by John »

NOTE: This message was originally posted at 9:23 PM in the "Neat stuff from last sim" thread. I'm re-posting it here, where it should have been all along. :oops:

A new file, a new picture pack and a new batch of Spring Training box scores is ready for you right now! May you all have better luck avoiding injuries than some of us did last sim. (sigh)

You'll find that the 2009 amateur draft pool has been revealed during tonight's sim. I've made a note about tempering expectations regarding scout ratings for players in the pool. Remember: scouts can and will be wrong, so don't take a less-than-stellar rating to be a damning statement on a prospect. If his stats are good, target the guy!

Speaking of the draft, the Interscholastic Federation began play tonight. Take a peek at their results: there are some prime prospected poised to come out of that league.
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#491 Post by Maulers »

Great! Thanks, John. Can this new file be uploaded in-game from the "check for updates" button?
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#492 Post by Reg »

yep it should work like a charm, did for me
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#493 Post by Tyler »

Maulers wrote:Great! Thanks, John. Can this new file be uploaded in-game from the "check for updates" button?
It sure can! Welcome to the world of OOTP - for real! :P
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#494 Post by Maulers »

Thanks!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#495 Post by John »

The sim is run and a new league file will be out quite shortly. Spring Training games have wrapped up and we're just a few short days away from the start of the 2009 season. I wish you all the best of luck in advance. May the competition be fierce and may the best team win!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”