Trade Between Kure and Hyakujuu

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade Between Kure and Hyakujuu

#16 Post by Mike Dunn »

Shinkansen wrote:Not really a waiver deal? No players are involved, just picks and cash?

Correct, this deal is not a waiver deal. But you'd said upthread that waiver deals are allowed in the LRS, and that's not the understanding of longterm owners in the league. You may be right, though, as the current constitution seems to have removed that language.
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
Shinkansen

#17 Post by Shinkansen »

Ghosts wrote:
Shinkansen wrote:Not really a waiver deal? No players are involved, just picks and cash?

Correct, this deal is not a waiver deal. But you'd said upthread that waiver deals are allowed in the LRS, and that's not the understanding of longterm owners in the league. You may be right, though, as the current constitution seems to have removed that language.
To my understanding, I was told by Matt that waiver deals were allowed. The situation is obviously being handled by the board at the moment, as the trade wasn't yet processed.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#18 Post by Matt »

My understanding was picks and cash could be traded, and that was what I told Charlie. I recalled having this conversation many seasons ago with John, at a time when I was considering moving a draft pick for cash, and he gave it the okay, placing the limitations on players only. I don't think I ended up making the deal, fwiw, mostly because I wasn't getting the price I wanted.

The Board is looking at the situation, and we will give it some clarity.
Shinkansen

#19 Post by Shinkansen »

Calzones wrote:My understanding was picks and cash could be traded, and that was what I told Charlie. I recalled having this conversation many seasons ago with John, at a time when I was considering moving a draft pick for cash, and he gave it the okay, placing the limitations on players only. I don't think I ended up making the deal, fwiw, mostly because I wasn't getting the price I wanted.

The Board is looking at the situation, and we will give it some clarity.
Thanks Matt, I think we would all like it if the constitution was more specific on this type of thing. Not only for us, but for any future GM.
Shinkansen

#20 Post by Shinkansen »

Decision on this yet?
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#21 Post by roncollins »

I admit to being fairly simplistic on this, but the constitution as posted seems clear. There is a trade deadline, and there are no modifiers on that statement. By definition then, this means no trading of anything until the process opens again. I see nothing in there about waiver deals or anything else. Perhaps my eyes are not what they once were? :)

Am I missing something?

This is the file I'm looking at: http://pebabaseball.com/constitution-of-the-peba/#7

At the end of the day, I assume this isn't a problem for this deal since they'll just wait until the process opens and then submit it. But the league moves at its pace, and protocol is in place for its purpose.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions

#22 Post by Shinkansen »

Arsenal wrote:Kure Receives:
KUW 3rd Round Pick

Hyakujuu Receives:
SP Sadayoshi 'Yoshi' Yamamoto

This now give me 8 picks in the first three rounds, this draft class will be the future of Kure.

Changed it a little bit, another move, with players will go down during the offseason.

EDIT: Changed the $900K to Yamamoto, that's what he was going to use the cash for anyway.

Confirmed.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#23 Post by Matt »

This trade is official and has been processed.

Return to “Processed Trades”