Neat stuff sim thread PEBA 2024 Season 18

Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Re: Neat stuff sim thread PEBA 2024 Season 18

#226 Post by Sandgnats »

Given all these close series... we need to renegotiate our media contract. Ratings must be through the roof!

Excited to see the outcome of the divisional round.

I told you Ron...
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#227 Post by roncollins »

The Gnats still have to be favored. Up 3-2, and now we're missing our 2B. The only thing "going" for us is home field advantage...which is admittedly helpful. The only goal at present is to get it to game 7 and see what happens. So, yeah, still over a barrel. :)
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

#228 Post by Leones »

Somehow, in the Florida Strait Series, the Leones went all Ernest Hemingway and made a stand posting 2 wins in the series against the Featherheads. With Florida ahead 3-2 and on the verge of taking the series we're pulling out all the stops and reshuffling the rosters in a bid to push it to 7 and see what happens. Hopefully we can make an exciting series out of it. Best of luck to Florida!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#229 Post by Nigel »

The good thing about taking over a team at the end of the season is you're not scrambling around trying to fix problems while the losses mount up.

The bad thing about taking over a team at the end of the season is you have to wait simply ages and ages to see if your tweaks and deals actually do make a difference.

If only we had a winter league we could send our prospects to, at least we'd be able to see some baseball :,-(
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#230 Post by roncollins »

The first rule of PEBA club is that we don't talk about the pace of PEBA club.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

#231 Post by Leones »

Wind Dancers wrote:The first rule of PEBA club is that we don't talk about the pace of PEBA club.
;-D

Patrick Hildreth

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#232 Post by Reg »

The league championship series are about to start, and it all went quiet !
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#233 Post by Wind Dancers »

I wish I could be talking about playoffs. Instead, I'm stuck worrying about trying to fill out a coaching staff & decent players asking for too much money to extend :D
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#234 Post by Leones »

Trendsetters wrote:The league championship series are about to start, and it all went quiet !
How about the divisional series? 3 of 4 of them went to a full seven game series. The fourth went to 6. Some very good match ups. Hope the trend continues! ;-D
Patrick Hildreth

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#235 Post by Borealis »

Leones wrote:
Trendsetters wrote:The league championship series are about to start, and it all went quiet !
How about the divisional series? 3 of 4 of them went to a full seven game series. The fourth went to 6. Some very good match ups. Hope the trend continues! ;-D
Truth!!

Congrats to Kevin and the Evil Evas!! Good luck in bringing the Rodriguez Cup abroad...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#236 Post by Sandgnats »

!+) me after falling off the couch opening the email that we won in 7...
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#237 Post by Evas »

Borealis wrote:
Leones wrote:
Truth!!

Congrats to Kevin and the Evil Evas!! Good luck in bringing the Rodriguez Cup abroad...
Thank, Mike.

I don't want to say I'm shocked that we won, but I definitely was very prepared for disappointment. Knocking off the 3 time defending champs, in game 7 on the road is dicey proposition any way you look at it. But Suitani came through once again. This whole setup wouldn't have even been possible if the opening series hadn't gone 5 games and jumbled my rotation. Weird how things play out.

So now it's on to another juggernaut on the road, this one in Crystal Lake. We're relatively well rested and totally healthy. So no excuses. Should be fun!
Last edited by Evas on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#238 Post by Sandgnats »

Kevin, you've been a dangerous team the second half of the season. You made some good moves to put yourself in this position. I am nervous about a few match ups. I don't think our early season success against you are indicative about how this series might go. We are two different teams at this point of the season. I'm just glad I have my core group all intact and ready. If you are the team to keep the drought for CL going... it will be much deserved. Good luck sir. ;-D
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#239 Post by DanD »

Hat's off to West Virginia - that was a heck of a series. After winning the first three, WV came back and tied the series with a blowout and a pair of close games. The offense came alive in Game 7 and put up 10 runs to finally secure the series win.

Game 1 of the Championship series against Florida was an epic pitcher's duel that ended with the 'Crats edging Florida 1-0.

Game 2 saw Fred Benjamin rewarding my decision to keep him in the play-off rotation despite his inconsistency (and poor performance in the previous series).

We get our starting 2B and 3B back for the Championship Series, but have lost super-closer Larry Taylor to a series arm injury and super-prospect Jorge Jiménez to a lesser injury that effectively ends his season nonetheless. Luigi Bright will fill in as closer (his nasty swing-and-miss stuff plays well there, though I may miss having him available for 2-3 innings at a time) and I'll see if I can finally get some value out of Albert Reyes. I'm assuming Reyes will last 2 games and then get hurt for the third time since he was acquired at the end of July...
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#240 Post by Evas »

Crystal Lake didn't waste any time at home, quickly finishing us off in game 6. Congratulations, RJ. I think this is your year. The club seem sot be hitting it's stride at just the right time.

It's off to the hot stove for me. There has been some activity there already and I am actively on the hunt for more.

Who wants to add some draft picks?
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”