Neat stuff sim thread PEBA 2024 Season 18

Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread PEBA 2024 Season 18

#91 Post by Morris Ragland »

April is over, and the Shisa pick up the SL Hitter of the Month: Red Hook (.408/.427/.755).

And they pick up the SL Pitcher of the Month: The Cyclone (5-1, 1.71 ERA).

Pretty much the neatest stuff we've ever seen in these parts.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#92 Post by Leones »

Zephyrs wrote:Well, Nick 'Six Pack' Shaw has pitched his last high school game thanks to bone spurs. He will be out of commission for 5-6 months. Does he drop in the draft due to this injury?

Actually I notice that Nick Shaw doesn't appear on the statslab draft pool list. (I've found a few other guys that show up in the OOTP draft pool that don't show up in the statslab list)

Is the statslab list the definitive list of who's available for the draft? I assume it is since we are drafting from it.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#93 Post by Borealis »

Just a Quick Hit of Neat and Not So for a 6-1 week, as I try to get Ray D. Enze caught up with his blogging...

- Starting with the Not So, the injury bug hits again - 'Tugboat' down for 4 weeks with a rotator strain (after 7 pitches in the last game of the week) - which may require him to move slowly back to his normal routine once he rehabs. Who comes in and takes his place - will it be Eric Perkins up from AAA or will 'Sawmill' - who pitched 5 innings, giving up 4 H and just 1 R to Bakersfield in the weeks last game?
- And just back from his lengthy injury of his own, after two weeks of minor league rehab, Jesus Negrete had a five-game hit streak to get things started, with his first hit being a HR - the only run in Aurora's 1-0 win behind Provost v. Fargo. He'd have another homer v. Bakersfield, and drive in 5 runs in his 6 starts back...
- Teddy Loetzsch continues to do the job backing up Giles as he continues his DL time, Teddy hitting .320 over the week...
- River Pope continues to stroke the ball, an 8-21 with 4-2B this week, with his .393 for the year just .001 behind Okinawa's streaking PoW...
- Provost didn't just torture Fargo, he also threw a 3-hit CG shut-out at Bakersfield. For the week, 17 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 16 K, 1 BB, giving him a PEBA leading 0.80 ERA and his 53 K are just 1 behind 'Rainmaker' and Cook for the PEBA lead...
- 'Massacre' finally put things together with 7 IP and just a run allowed v. Fargo. Now with 'Tugboat' down for a while, he needs to pitch more like that than the earlier season's version did...
- 'Javelin' picked up 3 more saves in 3 near perfect innings (1-hit), and his 11 for the season lead the SL...

What's On Tap
The 27-game stretch comes to an end with 3 at Crystal Lake with 13 wins in their last 14 games. Since their sweep of the Borealis on The Front Range, the 'Gnats have been roller coasting - save a sweep of Toyama inserted into the ride. After a much needed off-day, Aurora will host Neo-Tokyo before one of those 4-day breaks that will no doubt be greatly welcomed...

(Gotta love the message I got from Mike Provost who is 'perplexed' that he hasn't received any contract offers - how about letting me make one Mikey - all he tells me is he's going to try free agency... I Vote No on Mixed Messages!!!)
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#94 Post by Evas »

So the Matt Carter signing might go down as the worst contract in SS history.
  • 2024-04-02 - After holding out all off season, signs a 1-year contract worth a total of $11,970,000 with SS.
  • 2024-04-03 through 2024-05-09 - Posts a .203/.313/.617 line in 81 PA.
  • 2024-05-10 - Injured (torn labrum - Shoulder), out for 8 months.
  • 2024-05-13 - Placed on the 60 day DL, ending his season and career in SS.
On the upside, at least I won't have to make any other major roster mover to accommodate Yarbrough coming off the 15 day DL...

In other news, my prolific power hitting DH Ryozo Takeuchi is looking to cash in this winter - to the tune 8 years $340,000,000. Think he'll turn down a qualifying offer?
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#95 Post by Sandgnats »

Leones wrote:
Zephyrs wrote:Well, Nick 'Six Pack' Shaw has pitched his last high school game thanks to bone spurs. He will be out of commission for 5-6 months. Does he drop in the draft due to this injury?

Actually I notice that Nick Shaw doesn't appear on the statslab draft pool list. (I've found a few other guys that show up in the OOTP draft pool that don't show up in the statslab list)

Is the statslab list the definitive list of who's available for the draft? I assume it is since we are drafting from it.

To follow up on Patrick's post. I generated my draft list in game. Does anyone know how to export it for use in Stat Lab so that I can avoid a divorce. Thanks!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#96 Post by Borealis »

Sandgnats wrote:To follow up on Patrick's post. I generated my draft list in game. Does anyone know how to export it for use in Stat Lab so that I can avoid a divorce. Thanks!
From a previous post...
Borealis wrote:Unfortunately you can't 'export from OOTP'. I sort the draft class by batter and pitcher, using custom filters in game, then 'exporting' that - 'which is' viewing it as a web page, then copy/paste that into excel, where you can sort it. 'You need player ID#'s, so you also have to export the list from StatsLab - OOTP doesn't export ID's. Then you have to laboriously match the two lists, which won't match perfectly'. 'Once you've done this, you can sort as you wish'. That can then be imported into StatsLab (be sure to add id#'s exported out of StatsLab... 'Be sure to save files as .csv... If a file from Excel won't import properly, paste it into Word, save as .csv, that should work'... It's a process...
There's no easy way around as far as I know (unless there's some new v17 feature I haven't discovered)... I'd start saving for that retainer, or trade the rest of your picks to Aurora...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#97 Post by Leones »

There are players on the in game list that do not appear in the statslab list. Many of them amongst the highest rated; including Nick Shaw.

Are we drafting from the statslab list?

Is the statslab list we have today final or are players going to be added to it? If so, when?
Patrick Hildreth

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#98 Post by Reg »

Leones wrote:There are players on the in game list that do not appear in the statslab list. Many of them amongst the highest rated; including Nick Shaw.

Is the statslab list we have today final or are players going to be added to it? If so, when?
Dan is really the StatsLab wizard, and is back after some time away in the next few days. It will certainly be checked out.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#99 Post by Leones »

Thanks Reg,

Sorry to keep bangin' on about it, but the draft is right around the corner and I don't want to have to pull an all nighter to scramble together a list at the last minute.
Patrick Hildreth

Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#100 Post by Sandgnats »

Borealis wrote:
Sandgnats wrote:To follow up on Patrick's post. I generated my draft list in game. Does anyone know how to export it for use in Stat Lab so that I can avoid a divorce. Thanks!
From a previous post...
Borealis wrote:Unfortunately you can't 'export from OOTP'. I sort the draft class by batter and pitcher, using custom filters in game, then 'exporting' that - 'which is' viewing it as a web page, then copy/paste that into excel, where you can sort it. 'You need player ID#'s, so you also have to export the list from StatsLab - OOTP doesn't export ID's. Then you have to laboriously match the two lists, which won't match perfectly'. 'Once you've done this, you can sort as you wish'. That can then be imported into StatsLab (be sure to add id#'s exported out of StatsLab... 'Be sure to save files as .csv... If a file from Excel won't import properly, paste it into Word, save as .csv, that should work'... It's a process...
There's no easy way around as far as I know (unless there's some new v17 feature I haven't discovered)... I'd start saving for that retainer, or trade the rest of your picks to Aurora...
I'd rather get divorced Mike ;)

-- Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:02 pm --
Trendsetters wrote:
Leones wrote:There are players on the in game list that do not appear in the statslab list. Many of them amongst the highest rated; including Nick Shaw.

Dan is really the StatsLab wizard, and is back after some time away in the next few days. It will certainly be checked out.
Any chance it gets done by Wednesday? I'm going to be on the road starting Thursday for the next 11 days. :(
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#101 Post by Zephyrs »

Not a bad sim for Reno but I would have done better if I didn't accidentally put Right Fielder Héctor Martínez at Shortstop. :angry-cussingblack:
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#102 Post by Leones »

OOTP, not satisfied with wiping out Havana's outfield, decided that the solution to slow the club down was to kill a pitcher. The icy hand of the OOTP injury bug touched SP John Gaines on 15 May :

05/15/2024 Injured (torn UCL (Tommy John surgery)), out for 14 months.

He's probably pitched his last PEBA game.

That won't stop us though. We laugh in the face of the OOTP injury boogeyman. HAH! :lol:
Patrick Hildreth

DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#103 Post by DanD »

There's been a decent roster shake up in Arlington - probably a few weeks overdue. Vacations man... :-B

The offense is still ice ice cold. It's still early, but it's not that early....

Read more about the roster shake up over at The Baseball Bureaucracy

Edit: The Guillemonster returns!!!!!
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#104 Post by Denny »

A brutal week for the Codgers as they drop five games in a row, losing each by just a single run. The offense is terrible right now with half the lineup below the Mendoza Line, including supposed superstar Pepe Espinosa. Not a good look heading into a free agency year there Pepe...

Our only recent good news has been on the pitching side, getting Victor Carrillo signed for next year and beyond. Though I imagine he will opt out after 2026, at least we'll have him for the next two years at a good price.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#105 Post by Borealis »

A short week for the Borealis, as they begin with their second 4-day off set, followed by three with smoking hot Okinawa...

- We Did It!! After months of negotiating, including a stretch where he insisted he'd test free agency and not negotiate, Aurora struck a deal with Mike Provost. It's for a few million above what was felt ideal by the organization, but came in $5M under his initial ask ($40M per) - so in the end it was near splitting the difference (though leaning in Provost's favor). At $35M per season, three years are guaranteed on Aurora's side - with Provost the option to 'Opt Out' after the third. A fourth year is guaranteed (if he opts in), with a team option for a 5th year. The deal will make the three-time Golden Arm winner the highest paid player in the game - for the time being...
- Provost celebrated his new contract by giving up two solo homers over 7 IP in Aurora's 2-0 loss in the series finale with Okinawa.
- Also signing a contract extension - with considerably less fanfare, was Eduardo Romano, who's extension guaranteed his 2025 salary of $14M and added to that a salary of $16.6M in 2026 with a team option for 2027, also for $16.6M. Romano got a ND in his start for the week, Aurora's 6-3 loss to the Shisa in the series opener, giving up 3 R in 5 IP...
- With the signings of Provost and Romano, that leaves just two players without contracts for 2025 - arbitration not withstanding: Martin Francisco and Ryan Holbrook. 'Sawmill' will be allowed to walk as time has come for him to move on. 'Stork' will likely be offered a deal at some point, although Aurora may wait for the season to near an end before discussing it with the soon-to-be 35-year old...
- Sticking with the pitching theme: 'Terror' was a terror for Okinawa in the middle game as he went 8 excellent innings of 3-hit, 1-run ball, striking out 6, and walking none. This certainly was his best start of the season. At 7-1, Aurora has won 7 of Diaz' 9 starts, with one ND...
- When you are already hitting .400, it's hard to raise your average, yet River Pope was 7-12, 2-2B and 2 RBI - raising his PEBA leading average to .408. Toyama's outstanding looking rookie Don Allen is second at .362...
- Jesus Negrete's return has seen him pick up where he left off in 2023. In 14 games (13 starts) he's hitting .340 with 3-2B and 4 HR and 13 RBI. Speaking of contracts, Negrete, at just turned 28, is arby eligible. Early estimates have him at $10M... Big question in the front office: Will Aurora be blazing past the $200M salary level?
- Nick Giles, off the DL and taking in a weeks games at AAA Thornton was 8-19 with a pair of doubles. Giles is likely to head back to Aurora to reclaim his SS spot, where Teddy Loetzsch is hitting .271 with 7-2B and 2 HR... Mike Hale has moved off the DL and will begin his own rehab stint at Thornton...

What's On Tap:
Aurora has begun their second massively long stretch - this one 28-games, the bulk of which will be on the road this time, as they host the Yumans (4 games) then travel to Toyama. That will be followed by series at Fargo, Bakersfield (4), Shin Seiki (4), before hosting the Codgers and finishing with K-Zoo on the road leading into a seriously early All-Star Game. Eric Perkins will get the promotion from AAA and will replace 'Sawmill' in 'Tugboat's rotation spot for the weeks opening game v. Yuma...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”