Mafia! Under Cover of Darkness: Day 4

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mafia! Under Cover of Darkness: Day 4

#1 Post by Lions »

Day 4

Marty Canoon bled out like a stuck pig
as Larry Dowlon stood over him, waiting
for any indication he might suddenly transform
into the hideous form of a werewolf.

However, Canoon simply lay there and
after everyone was convinced there would
be no supernatural transformation, they
quickly removed the roast pig from the fire
and set about their feast.

In the midst of their revelry, and perhaps
having had a little too much to drink, they
simply forgot about Marty and left him there
on the beach while the fire faded and died out.

Late that night, a pack of stray dogs
found his body and began their own feast.

They left little but bones, and after
they departed, a group of stray cats
wandered over to lick the bones clean.

All night long, various beasts
picked at Canoon's bones.

Even a passing Bay City river shark
found a tasty bone on which to munch.

The next morning, Larry Dowlon
returned to the scene and discovered
the tattered skeleton.

Looking down, he spotted something
he did not expect to find.

"Well that's interesting," he remarked
to himself as he pocketed the
small bejeweled item.

"Good morning, everyone," Dowlon
greeted in the church.

"Good morning," they all said in unison.

"You all seem bright eyed and cheery!
You must have slept well last night."

"I had the craziest dream!" Sam said.

"Oh, do tell!" encouraged Ivanna.

"Well, I dreamt that I was a
chicken who was trying to fly
away from a butcher who was
chasing after me from inside a
very large, locked safety deposit box."

"Wow, what do you think that means?"

"That he's just as crazy as
Harold over there," said Julia.

"Ok, then," Dowlon interrupted.
"Back to Marty... does anyone know
what this is?"

He held up the item he'd found that morning.

At first, no one said a word.

Finally, Sam spoke up, "The entirety of
your grandmother's inheritance she left you?"

"Hah! no, Sam. It's actually
far more valuable than that." Dowlon
explained. "This," he went on,
"is a symbol carried by some members of
the Coscarat clan. In other words,
Marty Canoon was mafia."

Everyone gasped.

"Yes, it seems that Marty was not
a werewolf, but perhaps just as dangerous."

Rules
  1. Each player will be given a character to play who will be aligned with either the Town, the Werewolves, or niether. Town wins when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive. The werewolves win when they obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring. Any other party characters will have their own win conditions outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Forum Handle). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format: Unvote: Character (Forum Handle). No other format will be accepted. You may unvote and revote as many times as you like. Players must receive at least 50% of the votes to be lynched. If there is a tie, then no lynch will occur. Failing to post in the day thread will result in a vote penalty the following day equal to the remaining number of players divided by 4.
  3. A game day will last approximately 5 days. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end at the appointed time, unless the group are decided on a lynch and the moderator decides to end it early. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage. They will not be accepted after this deadline has passed.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you via PM, either by the host or another player. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, conversations held in private may be discussed in your own words.
  6. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread, via PM with other players, and through means designated by the host. Do not play the game elsewhere or post in old day threads. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game. Metagame at your own risk.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. You may not edit your posts. Editing a post will result in a vote penalty the same day, equal to the number of remaining players divided by 4.
  9. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. No other communication with the hosts will be accepted or acknowledged.
  10. Any interpretation of rules that require clarification is at the hosts discretion and the host's word is final.
  11. Violation of the above rules will result in vote penalties at the host's discretion, with the possibility of death for repeated offenses.
Neutral Characters
Larry Dowlon
Has some vague experience with werewolf killings... or so he says.

Active Players
Here is the listing of players... please note that all character assignments, role assignments, and affiliation assignments have been randomized. This includes returning character roles and affiliations. Any attempt to read into those assignments is done at your own risk.

Ezra Aferlaus - Played by Kevin (Evas)
Founder of Lycanthrope Removal Services

Ivanna Prerosky - Played by Dylan (Statesmen)
A wealthy benefactor of Bay City.

Harold Rannom - Played by James (Longshoremen)
An architect.

Sam Riethar - Played by Charlie (Shinkansen)
Professional snowboarder

Julia Von Riesal - Played by Dan (Bureaucrats)
Clutchers team president

Eliminated Players
Image Image
Rich Glons - Played by Rory (Knights) - Lynched Day 1 - Werewolf
Beat writer for the Bay City Journal

Image Image
Sarah Dysioni - Played by Kevin (Featherheads) - Shot in the pompoms Night 1 - Town
One of the Clutchers cheerleaders

Image Image
Tim Hernbar - Played by Mike (Hitmen) - Lynched Day 2 - Town
A local artist

Image Image
Eli Solmirro - Played by Mike (Borealis) - Mauled to death Night 2 - Town
A farmer

Image Image
Brett Jonasco - Played by John (John) - Stabbed Night 2 - Werewolf
The Clutcher's catcher and captain.

Image Image
Marty Canoon - Played by Tim (Alleghenies) - Lynched Day 3 - Mafia
A restauranteur

Day 4 has now begun. The day will last until Wednesday, March 12, 9pm PST (~5 days).
With 5 players, 3 votes is required for a lynch.
You may not vote for the first 24 hours.

This thread is exclusively for active participants in the game. In-character posts only, please.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Mafia! Under Cover of Darkness: Day 4

#2 Post by Coqui »

Harold Rannom, FAIA, RA, CCM: Well, isn't that interesting. Not that Marty was Mafia - the Mafia are the least of our troubles with werewolves lurking around - but that the Werewolves apparently weren't able to kill last night. I say "able" because I believe that their, or maybe I should say her plans were foiled last night.

Anyone have anything to report?
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Evas »

Ezra Aferlaus

Double you. Tee. Eff.

Now we have to worry about Mafia too?

I am starting to wonder whether all of the wolves are dead and we've got an old fashioned Town vs Mafia show down.

I am also wondering whether these Mafioso's are related to our Panda lurker.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Shinkansen

#4 Post by Shinkansen »

Sam Riethar:

This could get interesting…Mafia too?!

Well, there are only 5 of us left here. I'd say 1, maybe two of us are wolves/mafia. Now we just need to figure out WHO?
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by DanD »

Julia Von Riesal: Well, it looks like people's speculation that there is a third party at play ended up being correct.

Anyone have a theory as to how many wolves and or mafia might be left? It's hard to use the night kills as a reference since they've been all over the place.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Coqui »

Longshoremen wrote:Harold Rannom, FAIA, RA, CCM: Well, isn't that interesting. Not that Marty was Mafia - the Mafia are the least of our troubles with werewolves lurking around - but that the Werewolves apparently weren't able to kill last night. I say "able" because I believe that their, or maybe I should say her plans were foiled last night.

Ivanna, anything to report? Sam, you haven't mentioned what you saw or heard last night.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Shinkansen

#7 Post by Shinkansen »

Sam Riethar: Harold, unfortunately nothing to report from my end. I wish we could end this thing...
richard_v

#8 Post by richard_v »

Longshoremen wrote:
Longshoremen wrote:Harold Rannom, FAIA, RA, CCM: Well, isn't that interesting. Not that Marty was Mafia - the Mafia are the least of our troubles with werewolves lurking around - but that the Werewolves apparently weren't able to kill last night. I say "able" because I believe that their, or maybe I should say her plans were foiled last night.

Ivanna, anything to report? Sam, you haven't mentioned what you saw or heard last night.
Ivanna: nothing new over here, what's the gameplan?
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Lions »

Voting has been open for a bit now...
Frank Esselink
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Evas »

Ezra Aferlaus
I didn't seen anything last night. I never see anything. No idea why someone would leave their room in this type of environment.

We do need to keep trying today. Not sure who to target today yet.

Thoughts?
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Shinkansen

#11 Post by Shinkansen »

Sam Riethar: Harold, you say her? Can I ask who"her" is?
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Lions »

Current Vote Tally:
No votes

Day 3 will end Wednesday, March 5, 9pm PST. You have about 3 days.

A minimum of 3 votes is required for a lynch.
Frank Esselink
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#13 Post by Coqui »

Shinkansen wrote:Sam Riethar: Harold, you say her? Can I ask who"her" is?
Harold Rannom, FAIA, RA, CCM: You may. Here's the thing. I had hoped to get some more information before letting this go, but no one is saying anything of import and so I must act on what I know.

I am a Town Roleblocker. I have the ability to block the role of anyone that I choose. Last night, I believe that I struck pay dirt with my roleblock. I blocked Julie Van Riesal. I thus think that it is no coincidence that there was no wolf/mafia kill last night. I believe that Julia is one of them, probably the last werewolf.

VOTE: Julie Van Riesal

It goes without saying that I will now be targeted by any remaining wolf or mafia member tonight, now that I have revealed my role. I would ask for protection from a Town Doctor if any such person exists and is still alive.

[Crosses self]
James
GM San Juan Coqui
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by DanD »

Julia Von Riesal: It appears I have a confession to make - I AM the Panda, but I AM on your side. As the Town Vigilante, I was going to use my final bullet on Sam last night. We haven't had much info to go on and Sam's earlier alleged attempts to confuse voting made him my target.

In my defense I have had a direct hand in killing both a Wolf and a Mafia member - I ended that filthy Wolf after he mauled poor Eli and I cast the deciding vote for Marty which ended up revealing the Mafia's presence. I've also been nothing but cooperative in other ways as well, but I will keep quiet on that matter to protect the others involved.

So now that I am out of bullets, I can only help with my vote. I will stick with my guns - proverbial this time - and vote for Mr. Riethar.

Vote: Sam Riethar
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Shinkansen

#15 Post by Shinkansen »

Sam Riethar: I too have a confession, I am TOWN. This leaves us to one person and one person only, Ezra Aferlaus. If Ivanna would reveal who she is, then we could clear all of this up and walk home fine.

VOTE: Ezra Aferlaus

If everyone could trust me here and everyone is who they say they are, I promise no one else will die tonight.

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”