The Horses Mouth: Is it Tuesday Yet?

Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Horses Mouth: Is it Tuesday Yet?

#1 Post by Duane »

Thoroughbred Observations
by Rusty Nobbs, Bluegrass Roundup

Sept 8, 2007: Lexington, KY – The Trensetters are not the only ones setting trends these days. It seems that Bill, GM Rudis's sidekick, has made his presence known with an impact of sorts, an odd non-positive one of course but none the less an impact. It seems that shortly after arriving in Lexington to take control of daily operations of the financially strapped franchise, Bill befriended the under-paid Ron Carver, manager of our beloved Thoroughbreds. Bill and Ron along with his coaching staff have developed a routine of sorts. Now I am not one to judge a person's personal life decisions but c'mon, the teams record speaks for itself.

What I am getting at folks is that Bill and Ron have managed to boost moral withing Kentucky by hitting the watering holes like clockwork on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings. I didn't think anything of this as I do myself frequent the local establishments after a game, BUT I must make you all aware of what is really going on within the ranks. It seems as though the never say die partying mentality which Bill brought to town has reared it's ugly head in the win-loss column (May through end of August). If you analyze the Thoroughbred record by day of week you will see the trend.
Wednesday nights after games the crew finds the places which have the infamous 'Ladies Night' ... Thursday's record is a respectable 6 wins and 10 losses.
Thursday night you can find them at any pub hosting bike night or muscle car show ... Friday's record is still a respectable 6 and 9.
Friday nights the boys are out for Happy hour(s) doing Jager Bombs, Hyper-Pirates, and Washington Apples ... the resulting Saturday record is a dismal 3 wins and 12 losses.
Now because they sucked so bad on Saturdays Bill would take the guys to strip clubs where he would purchase a lap-dance for each of his cohorts. Drink of choice for most was the common Jack and Coke, but not for ROn and Bill, they were ready to go with their Bean on the rocks with a water back. Afterwards they would all be seen at a late-night DQ or Denny's hugging each other and betting on what color the waitress's underwear is. Sunday's record 3 and 13.
Sunday night seemed to the the night of wallowing in the losing ways (and dealing with hangovers) as everyone stayed in the hotel sipping their coffee drinks around the pool. Monday's record 6 and 10.
Monday noght has always been teem meeting night where GM Rudis would meet with the entire team either in person or over video meeting. These sessions typically ran 2 to 3 hours. Tuesday's record a resounding 11 wins to only 6 losses.
Tuesday night was movie night. Each week a different movie was sent to the team by GM Rudis' long time friend and fellow GM Dean Giesey of the Crystal Lake Sandgnats. GM Rudis made arrangements for theatre popcorn, sunflower seeds, Gatorade, Fruit Juice, and Artesian Spring water from Lacross Wisconsin. Wednesday's record 10 wins to 6 losses.

Get my point folks? This Bill had better leave the team alone. He is no good and such a bad influence on them. Shoot I hope he doesn't read this ... he will make a jack*ss of me.

You heard it here first ... right from the Horse's Mouth
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “League News and Articles”