Hitmen bring in a new "friend"

Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hitmen bring in a new "friend"

#1 Post by Hitmen »

Matt Fuller joins the New Jersey Hitmen as GM/Consigliere.

by Tony Contralto, La Cosa Newstra

9/1/2007: Trenton, NJ - Although the New Jersey Hitmen continue to dominate PEBA's Pan-Atlantic division with a 92-40 record, team owners have decided to fill the long vacant The Hitmen are reported to have made Fuller an offer he couldn't refusepost of GM with "friend of the family" Matt Fuller. Fuller, a native New Yorker known to be a good earner, will look to keep the team fiscally responsible while also maintaining its success on the field. It remains unclear what happened to prior GM Andrew Swift, although mysterious disappearances are nothing new to the franchise.

Nevertheless, Fuller anticipates little in the way of immediate change to the Hitmen. At a hastily called press conference this morning, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" appeared to be his message for the moment. Said Fuller, "These guys were rolling along before me, and as long as they keep producing there's no need to fear any shake-ups. But should circumstances change, well, things can happen."
Manager Tracy Evans welcomes the hiring. "In my conversations with Matt, he's been nothing but supportive of what we're doing at the Major League level. He understands that while we've got some youth, it doesn't mean we're not hungry for success, and he intends to keep our players highly motivated."

New management will be looking to "rub out" underperforming playersWhen asked about the lack of minor league stars – especially in regards to pitching – Fuller replied, "Look, Rome wasn't built in a day. We've got to not only push to keep winning in the majors but also rebuild and restock in the minors. I said I wouldn't make changes right away, but there are no untouchables in our system – everyone has their price. And tomorrow sometimes comes sooner than you might think, capice?"

While optimism is certainly easy to come by with a first place team, it remains to be seen how fans will react if that success is not maintained. And while Fuller's job certainly seems safe in the long term, players and staff alike can only wonder if their days may be numbered if they fail to live up to expectations.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Tyler »

We've got an owner in NJ? Huzzah! Welcome to PEBA, Matt! :D

I hope you're enjoying Ruben Cruz. I traded him to your organization this spring in one of my not-so-bright first moves. :-x

Now, let's play ball!
:slugger:
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

A big welcome to Matt, who takes over the Hitmen just in time to lead them into the playoffs! Matt is a Syracuse, NY resident, so he's a perfect fit for New Jersey. I also attended Syracuse University, so I can empathize with Matt on how freaking cold it is up there in the winter. :-/ This news release is just great. It fits perfectly into the "Hitmen" motif. Looks like we have another winning creative writer on our hands!

I hope you all give Matt a warm welcome on board and help to answer any questions he may have. And remember: A new owner means new opportunities to trade! Get those offers rolling.

Thanks also to Tyler of the Coal Sox for posting encouragement in our advertisement on the OOTP forums. It's always a bit of a chore to find a new owner - and a good one at that - so the assistance is greatly appreciated. Any time that we're on the hunt for a replacement owner in the future, feel free to drop by that thread and put in a good word. :) :grin:
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Hitmen »

Coal Sox wrote: I hope you're enjoying Ruben Cruz. I traded him to your organization this spring in one of my not-so-bright first moves. :-x
I haven't enjoyed him yet, but by the looks of things, I will. If you have any more trades like that for me to consider as I start here, please let me know. :grin:

Thanks for the welcome, hopefully I'll get settled in quickly
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Reg »

welcome to PEBA, glad to have you aboard :grin:
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Ghosts »

see you in the series.
Badgers

#7 Post by Badgers »

Welcome aboard. You can thank me later for letting you have 1st place.
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#8 Post by Apollos »

welcome to PEBA Matt
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Duane »

Glad to have you even though I wanted that team - I would have been able to dump the homeless guys I have on my team :cry:

What's your OOTP experience???
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Hitmen »

Thanks for the welcome all

OOTP experience is OOTP3, then not again until OOTP 2007. Online league experience is very limited and bad at that, already this league is better (since I can verify a sim was actually run :D ) Baseball sims go back to MicroLeague Baseball on my Atari 800 XL in the early-mid 80s :shock:

Return to “League News and Articles”