Youth Movement key to Trendsetters success by Scott Plack

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Youth Movement key to Trendsetters success by Scott Plack

#1 Post by Reg »

George Bush took time off from his busy schedule to comment on New Orleans great success on the diamond. "I know that the Trendsetters have achievified because of the play of thier youthavication. Quite frankly they make America proud, and all I can say is God bless America, and God bless the Trendsetters."
On the Trendsetters roster only 7 of the 25 players are over the age of 30, and 12 are 25 or younger. The youngest player is Tommy Fowler, who will turn 20 in a few weeks.
Three young players offensively have seemed to shine the brightest. Desi James, John Deschamps, and rookie of the month Todd Hansen. James was slated from the start as the Trendsetters thirdbaseman, but Deschamps earned his spot because of Kato early struggles at the plate. Hansen, tore up the AAA pitching after tearing up College pitchers, and has likewise tore into PEBA pitchers. All three players are skilled at their positions as well.
"Truth be told," stated Tanner, "If they couldn't play defense they never would have gotten the oppurtunity to play. But it has been a joy watching each player develop and become a strong core of young players, with the inclusion of Valdez will be the future of Trendsetter baseball for years to come."
Noticeably missing from this list is superb hitting outfielder Cal Edwards, who will be a free agent at the end of the season and the Front Office has yet to decide if they will meet his contract demands.
On the pitching side of the team, New Orleans has a balanced set of arms some old (nearing ancient) and some young. The top three starters for New Orleans are McCullough (26), Coleman (25), and Davis (24). The bullpen boasts the arms of Ortiz (23), Otero (21), and Hernandez (24). So far this year the Starters and Bullpen have been ranked number one statistically in the Imperial League.
It will be fun to watch every player to mature and compete, as I am sure the Trendsetters will be sure and lock each player up tight for years to come.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#2 Post by Coqui »

Really? I write an article and you have to upstage me 15 minutes later with "youthavication?" Not cool.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Reg »

sorry, i actually wrote the article a lot earlier, but it took awhile to submit with all the linking and stuff...and I was looking for a picture representing the youth movement and that pic of Bush got pulled up somehow and inspiration struck....and inspiration like that should not be passed up, still my condolences :)
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)

Return to “League News and Articles”