First export complete

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

First export complete

#1 Post by John »

Thanks to the teams that participated in tonight's practice export! I'm happy to report that your exports came through perfectly and all your changes are now rolled into my master file. I have just posted an updated file with all the changes included. For those of you with OOTP, try downloading the new file from within your game (PM me if you need help).

We'll be doing this again Sunday, Nov 18 @ 9:00 PM EST. This will again be non-mandatory. Immediately following that export I will advance us 1 day in game and upload a new file. Always remember to check the Sim Information box on the main page about an hour after exports are due to see when the new master file is ready to be imported into your OOTP copy.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Tyler »

My password (e-mail) won't work on the new file. Did it change? Help!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Coal Sox wrote:My password (e-mail) won't work on the new file. Did it change? Help!
Are you sure you didn't change it before you exported?

I've gone ahead and updated the main (tar.gz) version of the league file. The only change is that I've reset your password to your email, Coal Sox. It should work for you now. Go ahead and change your password to whatever you like; it'll be included in the next export.
Longshoremen

#4 Post by Longshoremen »

I did change my password. I can't get into the file either. I tried my old password & the new one. Nothing.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

Funky. Okay then, I'm resetting the passwords of everyone who exported last night. Your password will again be your email address. The new file is going up now. Try changing your password again before Sunday night's export... hopefully this time it'll stick.

EDIT: I've also fixed an error that was causing most of the pitchers ratings to appear blank in the draft utility.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Denny »

Just for the record, I experienced the same problem last night as WV and NJ did--I'd changed my password and neither old or new worked for me in the subsequent league file.

Hopefully today's brand new file will be fine for me and everyone.
Longshoremen

#7 Post by Longshoremen »

I still can't get into the file.

I deleted the one I had and downloaded it fresh from the Home page & couldn't get in with any password.
Longshoremen

#8 Post by Longshoremen »

Wait because I kept the original file of the league. I got in that one & I'm updating, but if one of the passwords doesn't work after the update then I don't know.
Longshoremen

#9 Post by Longshoremen »

Still can't get in.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by John »

This is bizarre... it works perfectly on my computer using your "optonline" email address. You said you downloaded the league file from the home page: did you download the tar.gz or the zip version? Only the tar.gz version is updated (I'll update the zip version now).

Could the rest of you who exported last night and had trouble with your password please post here to let us know if the new file has fixed your problem or not? I want to get this tracked down before the draft starts tomorrow.

EDIT: Both versions of the file have just been updated.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

worked for me

#11 Post by Reg »

the updated file tar.zip worked for me
Longshoremen

#12 Post by Longshoremen »

Updated again. Still can't get in. Is it case sensitive? Draft's tomorrow.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by John »

Gothic Knights wrote:Is it case sensitive?
Uh, why do you ask? Do you think I'd do something stupid like capitalize the "E" and "P" in your name when your email address should be all lowercase? What kind of an idiot do you take me for??

Apparently you take me for precisely the kind of idiot I am, because that's exactly what I did. :-B

The file has just been updated and will now accept your email address in all lowercase.
Longshoremen

#14 Post by Longshoremen »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
Gothic Knights wrote:Is it case sensitive?
Uh, why do you ask? Do you think I'd do something stupid like capitalize the "E" and "P" in your name when your email address should be all lowercase? What kind of an idiot do you take me for??

Apparently you take me for precisely the kind of idiot I am, because that's exactly what I did. :-B

The file has just been updated and will now accept your email address in all lowercase.
LOL

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”