Frozen Synapse - Indie turn-based combat game

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Frozen Synapse - Indie turn-based combat game

#46 Post by John »

That video is awesome, Mike! I'm looking forward to starting up a game with you tomorrow. ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#47 Post by John »

Okay Mike, I'm expecting to be ready to begin playing tonight at around 7:30 p.m. ET. How do I get started? Anything special I need to do, or do I just start Frozen Synapse and find our game waiting for me upon login?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#48 Post by Mike Dunn »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:Okay Mike, I'm expecting to be ready to begin playing tonight at around 7:30 p.m. ET. How do I get started? Anything special I need to do, or do I just start Frozen Synapse and find our game waiting for me upon login?
So you're clear, I'm not around later (at Phillies game, Halladay vs Beachy, weather permitting), but you can still do turns 1 and 2 (I've already sent my turn 1).

1. Boot game, then log in.
2. Choose Texas server.
3. Click the box on the bottom left titled "Games" and a box will open listing our game. Its game 68574, vs tylertoo, Extermination. Choose and hit "Load Game."
4. Input your turn, hit Prime.
5. Turn 1 will be processed, and you'll see the outcome instantly.
6. Input Turn 2, hit Prime and you'll be locked in for Turn 2. Then log off.
7. I will try to respond with my Turn 2 tonight if the Phils are rained out, or tomorrow morning.

Good luck!
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#49 Post by Hitmen »

I apologize to John, as just starting out I believe I made our game "Dark" which hides players from view which in my opinion is an increase in difficulty at this stage. Eventually once we all get more practice in we might want to start using it, but I didn't realize what the difference was in the games till well after I sent you the map. Sorry for the baptism by fire :grin:
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#50 Post by John »

Hitmen wrote:I apologize to John, as just starting out I believe I made our game "Dark" which hides players from view which in my opinion is an increase in difficulty at this stage. Eventually once we all get more practice in we might want to start using it, but I didn't realize what the difference was in the games till well after I sent you the map. Sorry for the baptism by fire :grin:
Not at all! I just logged into your game and noticed that, and I thought it was a cool twist! I've never played that style before. It's a neat challenge. Turns 1 and 2 are submitted now. Same goes for you, Mike. I goofed up in my game with Mike; hopefully I can recover during Turn 3.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#51 Post by Mike Dunn »

PEBA Commissioner wrote: I goofed up in my game with Mike; hopefully I can recover during Turn 3.
Not sure how you goofed up, John. It was a bloody, and bloody good, turn one, but you took out three of my guys while I took out two of yours. So advantage you heading into turn 2. Nice job.
Mike Dunn

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#52 Post by John »

Ghosts wrote:Not sure how you goofed up, John. It was a bloody, and bloody good, turn one, but you took out three of my guys while I took out two of yours. So advantage you heading into turn 2. Nice job.
Turn 1 was the bloody good part. :twisted: You'll discover my gaff during Turn 2. :oops:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#53 Post by Mike Dunn »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:
Ghosts wrote:Not sure how you goofed up, John. It was a bloody, and bloody good, turn one, but you took out three of my guys while I took out two of yours. So advantage you heading into turn 2. Nice job.
Turn 1 was the bloody good part. :twisted: You'll discover my gaff during Turn 2. :oops:
I submitted turn 2, didn't see anything obvious, except leaving both your guys quite open. That doesn't mean I have the skill to take advantage :lol: .
Mike Dunn

Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#54 Post by Hitmen »

Hey Mike, did you need to make a youtube account to post the videos? I tried to do the record to my computer or whatever, but the file type that it leaves me with I do not believe I can even run.
Michael Czosnyka

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#55 Post by John »

Hitmen wrote:Hey Mike, did you need to make a youtube account to post the videos? I tried to do the record to my computer or whatever, but the file type that it leaves me with I do not believe I can even run.
Yeah, I think you need a YouTube account. I may sign up for one so that I can post replays.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#56 Post by Mike Dunn »

First off, congrats to the Commish for winning our first FS battle. If you watch the video, you'll see it was a quick battle that John and I got through mostly on-line at the same time last night.

The game started 4v4, but after turn 1 it was down to 2v1, John with two, though I had a machine gunner. Even though John left his units woefully exposed at times, I failed to take advantage of that, and of the machine gun's long range advantages, and was felled fairly quickly. John, you played like you're a veteran at this. Good fun.

[youtubepop]2egDXKeOjdE[/youtubepop]

Yes, you need a youtube account, but it can be linked to your google account if you have one. Warning: the uploading to youtube by Frozen Synapse is erratic. Sometimes it works, but sometimes (usually during evenings) the video never gets uploaded. But if it never appears, re-load the finished game and try again.

Michael, I don't know what format it saves to if you save the video locally, haven't tried that.
Mike Dunn

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#57 Post by John »

That was a fun game! My first chance to play online. I'll look forward to doing that again. I've got the game with Michael still going on, and I believe Tom (Michael's brother) has challenged me to a game, as well. I'll dive into those later today. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#58 Post by Mike Dunn »

Turns sent to Tom and Michael. New challenge sent to John (Dark Exterimination). Still hoping to win a game!
Mike Dunn

Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#59 Post by Hitmen »

Ooo, didn't know a game could end in a draw... Mike was playing smart staying away from walls when I was down to only a rocket man and I was just keeping my distance shooting walls I was hoping he would approach. After 10 turns it ended in a draw. Was a good match though!
Michael Czosnyka

Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#60 Post by Mike Dunn »

Hitmen wrote:Ooo, didn't know a game could end in a draw... Mike was playing smart staying away from walls when I was down to only a rocket man and I was just keeping my distance shooting walls I was hoping he would approach. After 10 turns it ended in a draw. Was a good match though!
I knew it could end it a draw, but I didn't expect it that quickly. Not sure if the draw timer is configurable. Regardless, it was disappointing, because I thought we'd have fun with the developing cat-and-mouse game of a machine gunner chasing the rocket man. Still, good fun. My first non-loss against a human ;-D , I suck less!
Mike Dunn

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”