7-Day Lineups

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

7-Day Lineups

#1 Post by John »

I've just been exploring this fabulous feature. For anyone who hasn't looked at this yet, this is the perfect thing for Spring Training! Under your "Lineups & Depth Charts" tab you'll notice a sub-tab labeled "7-Day Lineups". Just as the name implies, this allows you to specify exactly the lineup you'd like to have each day for the next week. What makes this so awesome for ST is it allows you work in a mix of starters that you want to shake the rust off of and prospects you'd like to evaluate. Considering how important ST at-bats are for regular season prep and positional development, this is enormously helpful!

The tool lets you paste in your standard lineups vs. LH and RH pitchers and shows you which pitcher you're likely to face each day. It's even clever enough to substitute a lineup if things change and you're suddenly facing a lefty instead of a righty (you can tell it not to do this if you prefer). If you want to use this feature, make sure you select the "YES" option on the "Use 7-day lineups" pull-down menu.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Tyler »

How many games are we advancing in-game in ST? I was hesitant to use this feature because I was under the impression we'd be going by 10-day intervals. But maybe it's better anyway...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

We are in fact advancing 10 days. This will let you script the first 7 days, which is pretty darn useful. You can have it repeat your script for the extra 3 days or revert to your standard "Vs. L/R" lineup if you prefer.
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

# of gamedays advanced in regular season?

#4 Post by Zephyrs »

We advanced 10 games during Spring Training...are we likewise advancing 10 games per sim in the Regular season?

Please confirm.

THANKS!
Paul
Reno Tenpinners
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

No, we'll be advancing 8 days each sim during the regular season. So tomorrow's sim will take us from April 8 to April 16.
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Hitmen »

Another interesting fact about the 7-day line-ups: it works during spring training. Your instructions for depth players in the regular line-up sections do not. OOTP kind of ignores depth instructions and starts who it wants to. Only in spring Training. It seems to work fine during the regular season. I believe the AI also ignores "pitch count" limits set for pitchers during spring training in that it always removes pitchers much more quickly than during the season.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”