Break for the hollidays?

When should PEBA begin regular season play?

December 17 (as currently scheduled)
33%
January 7 (after the holidays)
No votes
Play week of Dec. 17, then break until Jan. 7
67%

Total votes: 12

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Break for the hollidays?

#1 Post by John »

PEBA’s first two regular season sims are currently scheduled for Monday, Dec. 17 and Thursday, Dec. 20. The next week our sims would be on Monday, Dec. 24 and Thursday, Dec. 27. I realize this may conflict with some of our owners’ holiday schedules. I’m as eager to get the bats swinging on Opening Day as anybody, but I do appreciate that friends and family come first.

If enough owners feel they'd like to wait until after the holiday season to begin our first regular season games, I'm willing to delay our start. If you'd prefer playing through the holidays, however, then I'm ready and willing to make that happen. Cast your vote in the poll above, and leave a post if you have any special holiday conflicts we should know about. Don't forget about our Disabled List forum, where you can post in advance when you know you'll be missing a regular season sim.
Last edited by John on Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

vote

#2 Post by Reg »

I voted for the earlier start date, but I am stuck at the house for the holidays b/c my wife is working christmas eve and the day after so, I am not too concerned one way or the other...
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Tyler »

I am not going to vote since I truly do not care and don't want to interfere with anyone who has a true problem.
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by klewis »

break the holidays. yes.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

haha

#5 Post by Reg »

Featherheads wrote:break the holidays. yes.
for me, broke for the holidays
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Denny »

I personally will be out of town the week of Xmas and will thus have only limited web-only access for that time, so I would prefer the league not really be doing anything then.

However, I'd like to propose a compromise (which everyone will likely hate). How about beginning the season on Dec. 17th as scheduled, and THEN taking a break for a week or two before resuming?

That way we would not inconvenience people with busy holiday schedules too much, and at the same time give us some actual hard results from the first games of the season to obsess about--er, analyze--for any weaknesses they revealed in our teams' rosters, lineups, in-game strategies, etc. before the next sim.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by John »

Codgers wrote:I personally will be out of town the week of Xmas and will thus have only limited web-only access for that time, so I would prefer the league not really be doing anything then.

However, I'd like to propose a compromise (which everyone will likely hate). How about beginning the season on Dec. 17th as scheduled, and THEN taking a break for a week or two before resuming?

That way we would not inconvenience people with busy holiday schedules too much, and at the same time give us some actual hard results from the first games of the season to obsess about--er, analyze--for any weaknesses they revealed in our teams' rosters, lineups, in-game strategies, etc. before the next sim.
That's certainly doable. I'll include it as an option in the poll.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

man

#8 Post by Reg »

dang it i knew i should have waited for the third option..... :D
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Tyler »

I voted third option. I think it's a perfect compromise.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: man

#10 Post by John »

Trendsetters wrote:dang it i knew i should have waited for the third option..... :D
I'll make a note that one of the votes for option #1 is really a vote for option #3. :)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”