Manager Austin Given the Boot, Raines Takes Up Mantle

Bureaucrats
Double-A
Double-A

Manager Austin Given the Boot, Raines Takes Up Mantle

#1 Post by Bureaucrats »

After serving a dugout role for the 'Crats for the past 7 years, Spencer Austin has been fired. Following 2 atrocious years, where the 'Crats ended up with their 2 worst records in team history, Austin was given a severance package, which includes several NDA's. Shortly after he left the GM's office, hitting coach Reggie Raines was called in, and offered the job. Raines, the legendary Bureaucrat and PEBA Hall of Famer, immediately accepted, taking up the difficult challenge of guiding this team into the light.

"It's been a dream of mine for a long time to manage a team," Raines said "And the fact that I get to do it in the place that took me in as on of their own is just the icing on this cake."

Raines, who had an extensive career in Arlington, has been a hitting coach within the Bureaucrats system since 2031. It seems retirement didn't sit well with him, as he only took 2 years off before finding himself in a dugout once again. The news comes with some optimism from the Bureaucrat faithful. One fan, a 15 year season ticket holder, had this to say:

"This team has been in the dumps for quite a bit now. Ineffective managing, poor roster construction, and just all around bad teams. But maybe hiring Raines is a sign of things to come. I'm excited to see him helm this team, and you can bet I'll buy season tickets again this season."

We await with bated breath how he'll manage this team. Good luck, we're all counting on you.
Justin Barker
GM Arlington Bureaucrats

Return to “Arlington Bureaucrats”