Create a Prospect!!!

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Shinkansen

Re: Create a Prospect!!!

#91 Post by Shinkansen »

Warnke

Looks like you learned to get on base a little better ;-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shinkansen

#92 Post by Shinkansen »

Kevin Vail- beginning his climb through the Rangers system
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shinkansen

#93 Post by Shinkansen »

Topham

I'd say he's most consistent performer
Shinkansen

#94 Post by Shinkansen »

The ACE
Shinkansen

#95 Post by Shinkansen »

Still hasn't made it...
Shinkansen

#96 Post by Shinkansen »

'Mighty' Mitch Sparks

Caught stealing quite a bit!
Shinkansen

#97 Post by Shinkansen »

Handled the injury pretty well and looks like I'll be given a shot at starting full time next year.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#98 Post by John »

Nice seasons for Jason and Topper! But it's Shannon who looks to be rounding into a true star.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Shinkansen

#99 Post by Shinkansen »

CF Dylan Ortega

If you thought Shannon Franklin was a stud, look what Dylan Ortega did in 2019. In just his second year of professional baseball, 1st full season, Ortega made his big league debut and hit 57 home runs between AAA and KC! He doesn't do much else at the plate, as show by his high amount of strikeouts and very low number or walks.

LF Jason Warnke

Looks like Ortega pushed you out of town and now you have yet to find big league job and it's already January 1st. For someone who has stolen 240 bases in their career and is just 27, you should find a job somewhere.

3B Wellman 'Topper' Topham

Topham has continued to be a model of consistency among the players. in his 5-year big league career, Topham has hit for a .291 AVG and picked up a gold glove back in 2016.
Shinkansen

#100 Post by Shinkansen »

SP Shannon Franklin

He just continues to get better, year in and year out. The 6'5" SP consistently touches triple digits and racks up loads of strikeouts. If it weren't for a herniated disk, Shannon would have more then likely won the Cy Young Award.

SS 'Mighty' Mitch Sparks

He continues to be rated out very well, but has yet to have a good season for the Padres. Still just 23, the young SS still has a long time to get his batting average up to a respectable figure. Sparks played a lot of 2B in 2019 and that led to his first gold glove selection.

SP Charles 'Coop' Cooper

Finally given a chance to start full time, he struggled. In his 22 starts, he amassed a 5.09 ERA and went 7-8. Out of the bullpen in 2019, Cooper struck out one guy an inning and managed to keep his ERA at a decent 4.05. He too, just like Warnke remains unsigned, but should find a job out of someone's bullpen.
Shinkansen

#101 Post by Shinkansen »

C Kevin Vail

Another rushed prospect, Vail struggled in his rookie season. According to coaches and scouts though, Vail has a very bright future ahead of him and should be a star in the MLB.

SP Jay 'Beav' Wells

Once a highly touted SP prospect, Wells has turned into just another reliever. Before coming over to Texas in a trade, Wells was closing out games for the Marlins.

SP Mark 'Sidewinder' Kierstead

While most of the prospects have been rushed, Kierstead hasn't even had a taste of big league action yet. After 6 seasons toiling in the Mariners minor league system, Kierstead became a minor league free agent. He may have a tougher time then Cooper and Warnke finding a job because he has no big league experience.
Steel Dragons

#102 Post by Steel Dragons »

Not the Dreaded FA, He is doing well as a Closer though
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#103 Post by Coqui »

Shinkansen wrote: SP Jay 'Beav' Wells

Once a highly touted SP prospect, Wells has turned into just another reliever. Before coming over to Texas in a trade, Wells was closing out games for the Marlins.
Hmmmm. Would I get paid more as a starter or as a closer? I need to talk to my agent. . .

The good thing is that with 3+ years of Major League service time, I'm at least 30% of the way to a major league pension. :bang:

Charlie, let me just say how much I am enjoying this. Thanks for doing it.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#104 Post by Borealis »

One things clear - my inability to hit a curve ball followed me to the bigs - look at those K numbers... Man... Not what I was looking for when we started this...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#105 Post by Jason »

Damn, what are my career earnings to date? Interesting I'm now a LF!!

Also where do I rank all-time in SB for active players???
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”