Mafia! Under Cover of Darkness: Day 2

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Mafia! Under Cover of Darkness: Day 2

#31 Post by Evas »

Shinkansen wrote:Sam Riether: That works for me Tim, I'm changing pace and voting for someone else.

Unvote: Tim Hernbar (Hitmen)

VOTE: Ezra Aferlaus (Evas)

Ezra has just been a little too anxious to get tomorrow and lynch Tim, will be listening to anyone who thinks I'm wrong.
Ezra Aferlaus: What swayed you, Sam? I can't see anything in Tim's statement other than a wordy denial with no additional facts, arguments or evidence.

Not sure what sense it makes to vote for me either. I have done nothing but advance the town cause. The proof is in the pudding from Day 1.

Being eager get a lynch each day for the town is just simple math. If we don't whittle down the bad guy numbers, they will whittle us to nothing. Unless we get bad guys, our odds get worse everyday. So we need to take a shot at it every single day.

Like I said before, I am open to voting for someone else other than Tim if a case an be made. But so far I have seen nothing to exonerate Tim and nothing presented to implicate anyone else.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#32 Post by Lions »

Current Vote Tally:
4 - Tim Hernbar (Hitmen) - Ezra (Kevin-SS), Ivanna (Dylan-CST), Julie (Dan-ARL), Eli (Mike-AUR)
1 - Ezra Aferlaus (Evas) - Sam (Charlie-HYA)

Day 2 will end Tuesday, February 25, 9 pm PST. You have about 2 days.

A minimum of 5 votes is required for a lynch.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#33 Post by Hitmen »

VOTE: Ezra Aferlaus (Evas)

Tim Hernbar: Unfortunately I will have to agree, as Erza it is precisely that you do not see what needs to be seen. I do hear that werewolves are nearsighted are they not?
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#34 Post by Evas »

Ezra Aferlaus: Interesting. The more I see in his behavior, the more I think I am on to something here with Tim. He has presented nothing in his favor other than what was essentially a "nuh-uh" denial. He then responded by voting to lynch the accuser. I hope everyone thinks this through clearly.

If people aren't going to make any reasoned arguments about things here and are going to try to rail road me, that's OK. I will be vindicated in death if it comes to that.

On a slightly different subject, I do have a piece of evidence that I found on the ground. I think these pieces of evidence might be why the wolves are hunting us. I think they add up to a treasure map or something like that.

I also believe I may have been duped by a wolf in sheep's clothing who had been emailing me in private. If it turns out that will be my downfall, so be it. If it comes down to it, I will reveal the thing I found to the group before my execution so any townies, even those laying low, will have access to it.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#35 Post by Coqui »

Evas wrote:Ezra Aferlaus: Interesting. The more I see in his behavior, the more I think I am on to something here with Tim. He has presented nothing in his favor other than what was essentially a "nuh-uh" denial. He then responded by voting to lynch the accuser. I hope everyone thinks this through clearly.
Harold Rannom, FAIA, RA, CCM: Indeed, this development is interesting in the least, and perhaps revealing. Sam, care to share any more reasoning than you offered when throwing Ezra's name in the ring? He was first to speak up today. I was first yesterday - and was right, I might add. If you have some reason, please speak up.

[turns to all] For that matter, today has been decidedly quiet when it comes to folks indicating where they were, who they saw, and who they heard last night. Again, only me, Eli, and Brett have spoken up. We need to talk, people.
Evas wrote:I also believe I may have been duped by a wolf in sheep's clothing who had been emailing me in private. If it turns out that will be my downfall, so be it. If it comes down to it, I will reveal the thing I found to the group before my execution so any townies, even those laying low, will have access to it.
Do tell, Ezra, if you believe that you can, but please be careful. I, too, have had communications with someone that has acted suspiciously. I wonder if we might be interacting with the same ne'er do well grifter. I also believe that we should be careful sharing what we have found (if indeed, those are the same things). It might be that possession is the only thing keeping some of us alive.

One other note: I am beginning to warm to the idea that My. Dysioni may not have been killed by a werewolf. Has anyone examined the body? Might the bullet be a silver one? If so, that would suggest that a Townie guessed wrong, and that, in turn, might lead us to some other important conclusions, as that would mean that the Wolves did NOT claim a victim last night, which might mean. . . well, I've already said enough. Suffice it to say that we need more facts, not more arbitrary accusations.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#36 Post by Lions »

Current Vote Tally:
4 - Tim Hernbar (Hitmen) - Ezra (Kevin-SS), Ivanna (Dylan-CST), Julie (Dan-ARL), Eli (Mike-AUR)
2 - Ezra Aferlaus (Evas) - Sam (Charlie-HYA), Tim (Mike-NJ)

Day 2 will end Tuesday, February 25, 9 pm PST. You have about 36 hours.

A minimum of 5 votes is required for a lynch.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#37 Post by Borealis »

Borealis wrote:Eli Solmirro -
Longshoremen wrote:
Evas wrote:I also believe I may have been duped by a wolf in sheep's clothing who had been emailing me in private. If it turns out that will be my downfall, so be it. If it comes down to it, I will reveal the thing I found to the group before my execution so any townies, even those laying low, will have access to it.
Do tell, Ezra, if you believe that you can, but please be careful. I, too, have had communications with someone that has acted suspiciously. I wonder if we might be interacting with the same ne'er do well grifter. I also believe that we should be careful sharing what we have found (if indeed, those are the same things). It might be that possession is the only thing keeping some of us alive.

One other note: I am beginning to warm to the idea that My. Dysioni may not have been killed by a werewolf. Has anyone examined the body? Might the bullet be a silver one? If so, that would suggest that a Townie guessed wrong, and that, in turn, might lead us to some other important conclusions, as that would mean that the Wolves did NOT claim a victim last night, which might mean. . . well, I've already said enough. Suffice it to say that we need more facts, not more arbitrary accusations.
I, too, have spoken to someone who has acted suspiciously. I wonder if it's been the same person.

As for Sarah, I was the first to point out her death was fishy, only to be dismissed - even to be told that a 'misguided townie was still a townie'. I don't know about that... Now Harold wants us to believe we should read something into her death... Hmmm... I do wish we had an examiner, though - that Harold is right about!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#38 Post by Alleghenies »

Marty Canoon: Ezra might be right on this. I vote,

VOTE: Tim Hernbar (Hitmen)
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#39 Post by DanD »

Julie Von Riesal: <to Tim Hernbar> what is it that we should be seeing? I'm still a little fuzzy on the reasoning you and Sam are using to determine Ezra is the prime suspect.

Sure, he's encouraging us to vote but his reasoning to keep things moving along seem sound to me. Am I missing something?
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Shinkansen

#40 Post by Shinkansen »

Sam Riethar:

UNVOTE: Ezra Aferlaus (Evas)

VOTE: Tim Hernbar (Hitmen)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#41 Post by John »

Brett Jonasco <to Sam Riethar>: If you switch directions on the slopes as suddenly as you switch your votes, you're going to end up breaking a neck, son.
Longshoremen wrote:One other note: I am beginning to warm to the idea that My. Dysioni may not have been killed by a werewolf. Has anyone examined the body? Might the bullet be a silver one? If so, that would suggest that a Townie guessed wrong, and that, in turn, might lead us to some other important conclusions, as that would mean that the Wolves did NOT claim a victim last night, which might mean. . . well, I've already said enough. Suffice it to say that we need more facts, not more arbitrary accusations.
Brett Jonasco <to Harold Rannom>: Damn right. I don't need Ezra's expertise to figure that werewolves don't shoot their victims. I gotta say, Rannom, I'd be looking square at you right now if it weren't for the fact that you started the ball rolling on Gloins. It'll be a cold day in Hell before I forget your duplicity from our last run-in.

Brett Jonasco <to the group>: I'm close to settling on a pick to lynch, and unlike Mr. Rad over here ... <jerks thumb at Sam Riether> ... I'm going to stick to my guns once I make my pick. I can tell you this much: I still ain't seeing the case against the artist. He hasn't spoken often, but he's said more than some of you when he's opened his mouth. Think I'll put more stock in substance then quantity when it comes to speech.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#42 Post by Hitmen »

Tim Hernbar: <to Julie Von Riesa> My concerns come squarely with the response. Either I mumble what I say or the hidden meaning was not perceived. Now I come to worry more that perchance the meaning was read, and now is being used against the masses rather than helping it determine who is the foul beast. That would be the scariest thought I could perceive. One cannot talk plain is you never know who is listening so a figuring of between the lines is needed. But alas, I worry that the hunter is leading the pack rather than the prey trying to fend for itself.

If it is destined that I be put to the knife it will be a sad night indeed as what I have seen will not come to light.

<to Brett Jonasco> And I must agree, this wishy washy flip flopping of votes back and forth simply swayed by the forked tongue of another has me worry what sort of motivation a man may have in making his votes.
Michael Czosnyka

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#43 Post by Borealis »

Hitmen wrote:Tim Hernbar: If it is destined that I be put to the knife it will be a sad night indeed as what I have seen will not come to light.
Then help us out Tim. A poor garlic farmer may not be able to parse through the fine brush strokes you've applied to your words. Yes, you never know who's listening, but when a man is on the block - and good people such as Ezra and myself want to believe in you, you have to give us something... please...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#44 Post by Hitmen »

Tim Hernbar: <to Eli Solmirro> Oh the image in my head is one that confounds me! I speak of bright rays of light shining through and through. The very light hurts my eyes and I cannot make for the meaning! But I feel a message is to be taken from this light, alas I am unable to conceive what sort of message it is. The bright lights, for all I know it might be a message of my very death which would be prophetic indeed as I near the knife's edge! If only the piercing light did not blind me so, I would be better off in deriving the meaning of what I see in hopes that it helps us.
Michael Czosnyka

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#45 Post by Borealis »

Eli Solmirro - Tim, I am beginning to see the picture you are painting. I'd love to hear more, for I could be swayed to change my vote if I were to believe you are one of us!

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”