Who am I? Why Am I Here? What Do I Look Like?

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#31 Post by Duane »

Thanks for posting the pic John ... no Irish at all. Pure Baltic area - Lithuanian. And serisouly we Lugans do party at funerals
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#32 Post by Maulers »

Codgers wrote:Meanwhile, let's take a step away from the roided-up musclehead tendencies exhibited by those who've posted pictures recently, reminding ourselves that brains invariably trump brawn; and, in service of that end, move the thread in a more nuanced, cerebral direction, thusly:

Yes, this is in fact Palm Springs' Dear Leader himself!
So I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that at least two of us troll the halls of academia for a profession. I've got to be honest, that's at least 1 more than I had imagined!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#33 Post by John »

Maulers wrote:
Codgers wrote:Meanwhile, let's take a step away from the roided-up musclehead tendencies exhibited by those who've posted pictures recently, reminding ourselves that brains invariably trump brawn; and, in service of that end, move the thread in a more nuanced, cerebral direction, thusly:

So I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that at least two of us troll the halls of academia for a profession. I've got to be honest, that's at least 1 more than I had imagined!
You can add Chris of Tempe to that list; he teaches history and poly sci at the University of Akron.
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#34 Post by Maulers »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
Maulers wrote:

You can add Chris of Tempe to that list; he teaches history and poly sci at the University of Akron.
It's revenge of the nerds!
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#35 Post by Denny »

Actually, to be honest, you'll have to take me back off the list of academics, since I am but a mild-mannered software developer. :oops:

Though I'd like to think that I have schooled, via PEBA, all you owners who have yet to make the playoffs! 8) So maybe I should be on the list after all. :grin:
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

well...

#36 Post by Ghosts »

i think i like being mysterious.

but, i do have this shot -- and it's the only one of me that really *matters*

(plus it makes me seem about 5,673,274 tougher than i actually am.)

By jonnykilbane at 2008-10-15
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: well...

#37 Post by John »

Bears wrote:i think i like being mysterious.

but, i do have this shot -- and it's the only one of me that really *matters*

(plus it makes me seem about 5,673,274 tougher than i actually am.)

By jonnykilbane at 2008-10-15
Now you see, if you don't show your face, how am I supposed to know that isn't a picture of Jack Cobb? ;) Seriously though, we'd love to see a mugshot! No one's going to judge... OH DEAR LORD, YOU'RE HIDEOUS!!! ... kidding, kidding.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#38 Post by Ghosts »

fair is fair.

Last edited by Ghosts on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#39 Post by Tyler »

Did you just crush that building with the bridge? :shock: :-o :-x
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#40 Post by John »

Bears wrote:fair is fair.

ImageImage
I'm disappointed; you're not even close to hideous! :P ;-D
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#41 Post by Ghosts »

Coal Sox wrote:Did you just crush that building with the bridge? :shock: :-o :-x
i made it a little bigger ... it's actually a train.

and to the commish: thanks!

i'm actually slightly amazed (and this is a terrible, terrible, terrible thing to say, but i suspect i'm not the only one to think it): everybody on here looks 100% normal (despite just how crazy this whole thing is, of course!).
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#42 Post by John »

Bears wrote:i'm actually slightly amazed (and this is a terrible, terrible, terrible thing to say, but i suspect i'm not the only one to think it): everybody on here looks 100% normal (despite just how crazy this whole thing is, of course!).
No, I hear you. Hey, let's face it: baseball may be a sport, but sim baseball is an endeavor you'd usually associate with athletically-challenged eggheads (not that there's anything wrong with being an egghead, mind you). Furthermore, you're talking about a league headed by a dude who likes to babble on about Firefly and Battlestar Galactica and PC gaming. Nerd alert!

At least that'd be the stereotypical expectation, but I think a lot of that stereotype is dispelled when you see these pictures. As you say, the group looks "normal". I'll take it a step further: it's a good-looking group of guys! Guess the stereotypes don't always hold true. Although I am still a nerd for adoring Firefly as much as I do. :grin:
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#43 Post by Tyler »

Two things.

First, whenever anyone gives me a hard time about playing "fake fantasy baseball" (that's the phrase I've settled on to describe OOTP as simply as possible), I'm showing them this thread of normal people.

Second, I have a sin to confess. Battlestar Galactica kicks Firefly's ***. :lol:
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#44 Post by Cole »

I cant seem to post my picture on here when following the instructions.

I teach in Indianapolis right now, which will probably be changing in the near future. I like all types of things. Mainly I mess with my dog, watch sports, run, play video games, comic books, think about what I am going to eat for my next meal, reading good books, and canoe whenever i can. My personality is sort of crazy I like outer space a lot, goof off all the time, enjoy public speaking, and wish i was some type of mathematical scientist. And of course, I have a lot of energy.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who am I? Why Am I Here? What Do I Look Like?

#45 Post by John »

It's been a long time since we shared pictures. I don't have my own camera, so I don't usually have too many pictures of me to share, but recently I had a few friends come to visit from out of town, and they took this shot while they were at my house:
We've had a lot of people join the league since our last round of picture-sharing, so I thought this might be a good time to encourage members to post their own pictures so that we can put a face to the GM! And if you've shared with us before, well, I'm sure time has changed you considerably, so let's see those latest mugshots. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”