The Civ V expansion nears - time to jump back in?

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: The Civ V expansion nears - time to jump back in?

#211 Post by Tyler »

Ghosts wrote:I have barely touched Civ V, but if I get the expansion I might be up for the multiplayer stuff y'all have done.
If that's true, I'd own both and be officially able and willing to play.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#212 Post by Hitmen »

Ghosts wrote:Heads up: I don't have confirmation of this, but I read that come Sunday, greenmangaming will have Gods and Kings expansion for 85% off, which will be I guess around $4 and change.

I have barely touched Civ V, but if I get the expansion I might be up for the multiplayer stuff y'all have done.
This sounds like a huge deal.

As of right this minute, until 10 PM CST (5 and a half more hours?) Civ V is on sale on Steam for 75% off, so the original and the expansion Gods and Kings are both priced at only $7.49. We originally put off playing Civ V some more till we got some fresh blood. If this sale or the greenmangaming sale can get a couple more interested this would be fantastic. I am sure Bill, Jim, Tom and I would love to start up some Civ V again ;-D
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#213 Post by John »

Well geez, if all y'all are going to be playing, I'd be a real anti-social jerk for failing to join in. }:-)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#214 Post by Tyler »

John wrote:Well geez, if all y'all are going to be playing, I'd be a real anti-social jerk for failing to join in. }:-)
Who needs rumors? I just picked up Gods & Kings on Steam for $7 and some change. I'm in!
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#215 Post by John »

Alleghenies wrote:Who needs rumors? I just picked up Gods & Kings on Steam for $7 and some change. I'm in!
Woot! Let's see if peer pressure (and rumor becoming fact on Sunday) gets Mike on board. :twisted:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#216 Post by Mike Dunn »

Civ V Gods & Kings is now only $3.15 USD on GMG when you use their 30% voucher code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

The sale is for the whole day, but get it quick before they run out of Steam keys.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p ... ods-kings/

Please note that the first time I entered the voucher code, it said it was invalid. I tried again, and the code was accepted. Without the code, its $4.50, so not a huge deal. Also, greenmangaming has been known to give some users long wait times to checkout. I've used them twice now in recent months and did not have a problem.

And yes, I'm now officially into trying Civ V multiplayer, though I'll need some hand holding.
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#217 Post by Mike Dunn »

John wrote:
Who would be interested in a second PEBACiv game that uses GMR to play in turn-based mode?
Me.
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#218 Post by John »

Ghosts wrote:
John wrote:
Who would be interested in a second PEBACiv game that uses GMR to play in turn-based mode?
Me.
Anyone else? Let's see what we've got to work with here.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#219 Post by Hitmen »

I honestly was not a big fan of the GMR idea when it was first was thrown out there by John and I still don't think I would be a very big fan of it at this point in time. Games are long enough as is in my book and waiting for people to take turns in this manner would just draw out the process much much longer in my opinion. I still believe that the best option is to find a time that is suitable for everyone and to meet up and play which has worked for a good time already.

Although if we get enough support, I guess I can try it out as I realize not everyone who might want to play can make certain game nights..
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#220 Post by John »

I'd say that GMR is something we can look into if we're running into trouble getting a group together at regular times. Why not give it a go at that point? Still, I think the first option we'll explore are live games. I'm sure that's most everybody's preference. If we can hook up with one or two weekly sessions, then we'll do it that way.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#221 Post by Tyler »

/officially in.
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Jim

#222 Post by Jim »

I have been gradually increasing my time playing Civ V and hopefully my skill. I am looking forward to our next multi-player game with the hopes I will not find myself, once again, in last place :shake:
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#223 Post by Duane »

Would love to get in, but doubt I'll be able to find a consistent meeting time...sigh. I also need ot get the add-on, not sure how much that changes gameplay compared to basic Civ 5...in terms of learning curve.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Jim

#224 Post by Jim »

Thoroughbreds wrote:not sure how much that changes gameplay compared to basic Civ 5...in terms of learning curve.
Not much at all in my recollection. Mostly new and differenct civilizations. I think religion is one of the big things that came with one of the expansions. But one could play many games and totally ignore religion if desired.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#225 Post by John »

Thoroughbreds wrote:Would love to get in, but doubt I'll be able to find a consistent meeting time...sigh. I also need ot get the add-on, not sure how much that changes gameplay compared to basic Civ 5...in terms of learning curve.
We'd certainly love to have you! Tell you what... can you think of any times during a typical week that might work as a regular meet-up time? Even if it's just half an hour, that would be worth mentioning. Maybe our schedules won't match, but you never know.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”