Mafia! Under Cover of Darkness: Day 1

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Shinkansen

Re: Mafia! Under Cover of Darkness: Day 1

#16 Post by Shinkansen »

Sam Riethar: Not a prison? Well, adios. This place is already starting to drive me crazy!
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#17 Post by Coqui »

Borealis wrote:Eli Solmirro - I must say that just to get us a lil social justice, Harold would feel right - who knows what he may do if we escape this hellish nightmare in a house of The Lord. That said, I can't rightly say I see the man as a blood thirsty wolf!
John wrote:Brett Jonasco <to Harold Rannom: Bygones be bygones, my ass. You and that rat Norm would have killed me and the rest if we hadn't busted our way out.

<to the group: Me and Harold got business that we can't finish until we get out of here. So I want the furballs amongst us rooted out, and I want it done now. Let's start looking for clues.
Harold Rannom, FAIA, RA, CCM Ezra and Eli, you're right, I don't deserve any quarter or sympathy for the things I've done. Maybe my punishment for my deeds is to give up my life here for the good of the town from which I've stolen so much. But there's nothing to be gained by letting old scores be settled when there's so much at risk.

As far as clues go, the only one we have so far is that our erstwhile werewolf expert, Ezra, is strangely silent. Silence only helps the werewolves at this point - might that silence mean that Ezra is one of them? There's no better disguise for a wolf than a wolf hunter's clothing, eh? That's even better than sheep's clothing, I'd wager.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Borealis »

Eli Solmirro - C'mon people. I know the thoughts of being mauled to death by some hairy Mauler is frightenin', but we need direction. It's getting dark. It's harvest time for my garlic - I need to get back to da farm. Ezra, what does ya say? You're the expert. What can we do to protect ourselves?
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#19 Post by klewis »

Sarah Dysioni: I'm like so scared right about now. Something's bad is just gonna happen. I just know it. Where's our captain when we need one? Someone pleaaaseee step up and give me something to cheer about. My pom poms are so shaking over here. I am too blue too do a cheer :,-(

Everyone seems to be like calling out Ezra? Is he our captain? Where are you Ezra???
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by John »

Brett Jonasco: Maybe I'd feel better about our chances of surviving the night if the head of Lycanthrope Removal Services hadn't removed himself from the search for the furballs in our midst. Wish we had someone better than Ezra on this case.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#21 Post by Coqui »

John wrote:Brett Jonasco: Maybe I'd feel better about our chances of surviving the night if the head of Lycanthrope Removal Services hadn't removed himself from the search for the furballs in our midst. Wish we had someone better than Ezra on this case.
Ugh. If you start singing Eli Sormirro. . . come hold me tight, I'm blowing this joint and taking my chances with the werewolves.

Ezra, we really need you to speak up.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#22 Post by Evas »

Ezra Aferlaus:

As the resident expert in removing all things "were", (whether wolf, lion or even guinea pig) I felt it was best to give the situation a little time to develop. I've read enough on these types of infestations on wolfenpedia to know that when those beasts rear their ugly heads, you have to strike back fast and hard. No mercy and no hesitation.

I think it is very fair to say that we certainly have at least 2 wolves in our midst. Being pack animals, they almost never travel alone. The upside is the we humans certainly out number them greatly. But that advantage will quickly dwindle if we don't strike.

One way or another, we need to put someone to the knife starting TONIGHT. No waiting.

All I know at this point is that I am not a wolf and someone needs to get stuck tonight.

Who's it gonna be?
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by Lions »

Sam Riethar had had enough and decided
he was simply going to walk out.

"Don't know why those suckers are all still
hanging around in there," he said to himself
as he walked out of the church.

He smiled as he walked down the path past the
mausoleum, but something in the cemetery was stirring.

As Riethar walked by, the undead began to rise.

Suddenly realizing the danger, Riethar made a
break for it and began to run, but the
skeleton was hot on his heels.

In no time at all, Riethar had been knocked to the ground.

Pinned by his captor, his flesh began to melt away.

And there lay the skeletal remains of Sam Riethar.

"Hey," Dowlon continued, "I'm not saying it WILL happen,
just that it MIGHT happen. I think it's time for you and
everyone else here to start figuring out what's going on.

"Hey, look!" Rich Glons declared. "I've got blonde hair and a
brown pig tail! Ivanna, come stand on the other side!"

Current vote tally:
No votes

There are approximately 24 hours remaining in Day 1.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
richard_v

#24 Post by richard_v »

Ivanna Prerosky:

Vote: Harold Rannom (Longshoreman)

Lets get this over with :lol:
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#25 Post by Coqui »

Harold Rannom, FAIA, RA, CCM: That's the spirit, Ivanna. I, of course, disagree with your choice of nomination, but I'm happy you have gotten the ball rolling. You're right that we need to start putting people to the test. And the fact of the matter is that we will probably get this first lynch wrong. There are almost certainly far more of us, the non-werewolves, than there are of them, the werewolves. We have maybe a 2 of 11 or 3 of 11 chance of getting it right, but we have to do something to start generating discussion, and the best way to do it is start voting.

If the last episode taught us anything, it's that standing pat only benefits the bad guys. Trust me, as a bad guy that time, it was great to be able to pick off the townies one-by-one.

Why not me? It would be a bad idea. I'm not willing to say why it would be a bad idea at this point beyond knowing what it's like to be on the other side. Therefore, I'm a valuable commodity. Plus, and I'm stepping our on a limb here, and I don't know exactly what this means, but I found something that might be of interest to those of you who aren't werewolves. I won't say what it is, or where I found it, but I suspect that those of us who are not werewolves may have found something similar.

VOTE: Rich Glons - Rory (Knights)

It's nothing personal, Rich, but you haven't added much to the discussion, which is just what a werewolf waiting for nightfall would do. Everyone else, what say you?
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Shinkansen

#26 Post by Shinkansen »

I agree with Harold, moves need to be made!

VOTE: Rich Glons (Knights)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#27 Post by Borealis »

Eli Solmirro - I find this all so difficult to do, being but a simple farmer. I am, as I'm sure we all are, a tad suspicious of Harold, and would vote for him just out of revenge. But I do want to hear what he has to say and found. I do agree, we are better off acting than waiting for werewolves or zombie skeletons to take us down. I'm sorry Rich, nothing personal. Give me reason to change and I'd happily change!

VOTE: Rich Glons (Knights)
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
richard_v

#28 Post by richard_v »

Ivanna Prerosky:

Unvote: Harold Rannom (Longshoreman)

Vote: Rich Glans (Knights)

Look what I've started! Hopefully we're right and take out one of this horrible werewolves :twisted:
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#29 Post by Lions »

Current Vote Tally:
4 - Rich Glons (Knights) - Harold (James-CST), Sam (Charlie-HYA), Eli (Mike-AUR), Ivanna (Dylan-CST)
Please BOLD your votes and unvotes.

Day 1 will end Monday, February 17, 9 pm PST. You have about 22 hours.

A minimum of 6 votes is required for a lynch.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#30 Post by klewis »

Sarah Dysioni: Ohhh, Richy boy... I hope you defend yourself soon. It looks like things are so like really gonna get real bad for you... soooo bad. Now, I still have my vote... do you have anything to say before I use this voting right of mines?
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”