Franchise Hockey Manager-- OOTP on Ice

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Franchise Hockey Manager-- OOTP on Ice

#16 Post by Apollos »

I wish I was more interested in hockey, and I may yet buy the game anyway just because it's being developed by the good folks at OOTP. I'd love to see the company put their ingenuity into an American football simulation because the market is surprisingly barren right now for this type of game. PFS is nice, but generations behind other sports text sims; FOF was good about a decade + ago. I'm stunned that nobody has attempted to capitalize on this market yet -- there must be a market for it, right??
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Bill »

Sandgnats wrote:I'd love to see the company put their ingenuity into an American football simulation because the market is surprisingly barren right now for this type of game. PFS is nice, but generations behind other sports text sims; FOF was good about a decade + ago. I'm stunned that nobody has attempted to capitalize on this market yet -- there must be a market for it, right??
A couple years ago I would have said this would never happen. But Markus appears really committed to growing the business beyond just the OOTP baseball franchise. I think if hockey does well, he would consider working into others sports. He's always said he has no interest in American football, but he can always hire someone who does.

Just my own personal opinion - I don't have any secrets insights or anything.
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Lions »

Public beta is now available for this if you haven't been paying attention.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#19 Post by Bill »

Yeah, I'm interested to see how this plays. Anybody played it yet?

I guess if I'm that interested, I should plop down $30, eh? :-?
Greg A
Triple-A
Triple-A

#20 Post by Greg A »

Just bought and installing.. Can't wait.
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#21 Post by Nigel »

I bought it a couple of days ago but have just had so much on, plus dealing with a bout of gout, that I just haven't had time to open it yet.
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Greg A
Triple-A
Triple-A

#22 Post by Greg A »

With all the bugs and stuff, I'd almost call it an alpha version. Though seems intriguing.
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#23 Post by Cole »

How is it playing now, a couple versions later? Lots of bugs ironed out?
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Greg A
Triple-A
Triple-A

#24 Post by Greg A »

Badgers wrote:How is it playing now, a couple versions later? Lots of bugs ironed out?

Some, but not much. They even say on forums how buggy it is. I'd say if you hate bugs, wait until end of May/early June. They release a new build every weds and a the saved files don't usually work with new builds (on purpose). Though it seems it will be a cool product.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#25 Post by John »

Love hockey? Whether you're a new fan of the sport or you've spent years following the NHL, the KHL, the Swedish Hockey League, or any of the other leagues around the world, you'll want to check out our latest game, Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 (FHM).

We'll launch FHM 2014 worldwide on September 3, 2013 for PC and Mac. You can pre-order the game for just $29.99, but hurry: this special price only lasts through August 19. Starting August 20, the price will be $39.99.
I went ahead and took the plunge. Sure, I'm probably not going to play it - I'm just too busy with work right now - but I want to support OOTP Developments in this new venture. Hockey is my second-favorite sport after baseball. It looks like OOTP Dev is devoted to turning this into a new yearly franchise, and I'd love to see it blossom. If you want to save $10, get your order in by Monday!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Steel Dragons

#26 Post by Steel Dragons »

Not to go off topic, but I really wish they would do Football next lol
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#27 Post by John »

Steel Dragons wrote:Not to go off topic, but I really wish they would do Football next lol
A lot of people have expressed that sentiment. That's another reason why I encourage you to purchase FHM 13, even if you're not a huge hockey fan. The better this venture pans out for OOTP Developments, the more likely we are to see them undertake a third major sports sim franchise. And there is a very good chance that if they do take on another major sport, it will be football. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Steel Dragons

#28 Post by Steel Dragons »

Yeah , I played hockey back on the super Nintendo lol, I plan to buy it :)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#29 Post by Borealis »

Like you JR, I picked it up mostly to support the developers - Will, on the otherhand, who is a huge hockey fan, is stoked!!

I looked at it a little - a little disappointed with the in-game play - just text. I was hoping for a little visual action, like the Football Manager franchise. It's early in the games development - I'm sure it's to come...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#30 Post by Cole »

I am undecided on this as well. I'm like John, I probably won't play it, but I might buy anyway to support the scene.

As for football games, if that's your interest, there's a new Front Office Football coming out at some point soon, I believe. FOF7.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”