The official PEBAblo game thread

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The official PEBAblo game thread

#16 Post by John »

Nutmeggers wrote:Hmm... I thought we were playing tomorrow.
Hitmen wrote:
Hmm, I thought Tuesday as well? Did people meet up to play on Monday? I am confused.
:-? :-? :-?

Today is Tuesday, and I posted my reminder message today, so when I say, "We're playing tonight," that means Tuesday night!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by DanD »

Hitmen wrote:
Hmm, I thought Tuesday as well? Did people meet up to play on Monday? I am confused.
Time zone confusion!
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by John »

Bureaucrats wrote:Time zone confusion!
Of course, even if you're reading from the Pacific Time Zone, a post that's made at 9:06 p.m. PT reminding about an upcoming session start at 6:30 p.m. PT would pretty much guarantee that the poster is talking about an upcoming day and not today. Otherwise, we're into the realm of time travel, and not even my level 19 paladin can pull that trick off! ;)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#19 Post by Lions »

I didn't realize we were already up to the arcane sanctuary... I'm also probably not caught up enough to join you guys in Act 2 yet... :(

Thursday I will be, though!
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by John »

Nutmeggers wrote:I didn't realize we were already up to the arcane sanctuary... I'm also probably not caught up enough to join you guys in Act 2 yet... :(

Thursday I will be, though!
We're not up to the Arcane Sanctuary quest yet. That's the fourth quest of Act II. We've just finished up Act I and will be beginning the first Act II quest tonight. Come join us when you can make it, Frank! For our full-timers, our session begins at 9:30 p.m. ET... tonight! ;)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#21 Post by John »

Game's open! Come on in. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#22 Post by John »

The fall of Fangskin yields the Amulet of the Viper
We have restored the Horadric Staff; now we must carry it to Tal Rasha's Tomb
Quests Completed
  • Radament's Lair - In the sewers below our new base of Lut Gholein lurked a horrid creature that hungered for human flesh. The creature killed many, including Atma's son and husband. We destroyed it to protect the town and avenge Atma's family.
  • Tainted Sun - After entering the Lost City, an unnatural darkness fell upon the land. Drognan researched this phenomenon and believed it to be the work of the Claw Vipers. We found their temple beneath the desert sands and shattered the Tainted Sun Altar, the source of the curse. The dark night lifted and the sun was restored to the sky.
Quests in Progress
  • The Horadric Staff - Deckard Cain told us that the Horadric mages, after binding Baal within Tal Rasha, magically sealed off his Burial Chamber from the mortal realm. Those same Mages also crafted fearsome Horadric Staves and imbued them with the special power to open the Chamber's hidden door. After nearly losing one to the thievery of a rogue sorcerer, they divided all the Horadric Staves into two parts - wooden shaft and metal headpiece - hiding them separately to safeguard them. The Horadrim foresaw our current plight and designed the hiding places to reveal themselves to worthy heroes like ourselves. We collected both parts of a Horadric Staff and united them using a Horadric Cube. We must now journey to Tal Rasha's Burial Chamber. This will be no small task, my friends.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by DanD »

So I'm an idiot. For some reason I thought we started at 9:00 still :-P
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#24 Post by John »

Tonight's game is up!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#25 Post by John »

On to Act III!
Much progress was made tonight
Quests Completed
  • Arcane Sanctuary - Drognan has been researching the old records, trying to find the location of Tal Rasha's Tomb. The great Vizjerei Summoner, Horazon, built his Arcane Sanctuary somewhere in the vicinity of Lut Gholein. Horazon was a powerful spellcaster and kept demons as slaves within the Sanctuary. Drognan instructed us to talk to Lord Jerhyn, who told us that when the troubles began, he allowed the terrified Harem guilds to join him within the safety of the palace. One night, screams echoed up the stairwells from the Harem. Jerhyn's guards found the poor girls being slaughtered by a merciless band of hell-spawned demons. His brave guardsman tried to push the demons back into the mysterious rift from which they came. However, they were fighting a losing battle. Demons continued to pour through the rift into the palace. Jerhyn opened up the palace for us to explore. We eventually located a portal which took us to the Arcane Sanctuary.
  • The Summoner - Within the Arcane Sanctuary, we came upon the Summoner, who was guarding Horazon's Journal. We slew the foul mage and took the journal, gaining its wisdom.
  • The Seven Tombs - Our many deeds of skill and bravery convinced Jerhyn to trust us with something he has been hesitant to speak of... Drognan and Jerhyn have concluded that the Dark Wanderer, who passed through Lut Gholein recently, was Diablo himself! Drognan believed that Diablo wass searching the desert for the secret tomb where the great Horadrim, Tal Rasha, kept Baal imprisoned. We would need the Horadric Staff to enter the true Tomb of Tal Rasha. Fortunately, we had acquired the staff during our previous adventures...
  • The Horadric Staff - With the Horadric Staff repaired, we were able to enter the Burial Chamber of Baal within Tal Rasha. This led to a battle with Duriel, from which we emerged victorious.
    Duriel, one of the four Lesser Evils
  • The Golden Bird - Moving to Act III, we sailed West and arrived at the Kurast Docks. Here, Alkor, the town's old alchemist, came to speak to us. He asked, "Who has not dreamt of immortality? One man is rumored to have done more than merely dream..." Alkor suggested that if we could find the Golden Bird of Ku Y'leh, we might find the secret to everlasting life. We found the statuette and returned it to Alkor, who used it to brew us a Potion of Life that greatly enhanced our fortitude.
  • Blade of the Old Religion - Hratli, a sorcerer-weapon smith residing in the Docks, told us that he placed an enchantment upon the dockside in order to keep the demons at bay. But lately, the enchantment seemed to be weakening. Hratli recalled that there was a holy Skatsimi blade that could revitalize the enchantment. The blade is called Gidbinn. We found Gidbinn in a dungeon, guarded by a mighty flayer, whom we destroyed. We returned Gidbinn to Hratli, ensuring that the dockside sanctuary remains safe.
Quests in Progress
  • Khalim's Will - Deckard Cain reminded us to never forget that our ultimate purpose here in Kurast is to destroy Mephisto. The ancient Horadrim imprisoned the Lord of Hatred inside the Guardian Tower that is located within the Temple City of Travincal. The only way to gain entry to Mephisto's prison is to destroy the artifact known as the Compelling Orb. Mephisto used this device to control the Zakarum priests and their followers. The Orb can only be destroyed with an ancient flail imbued with the spirit of the one incorruptible priest. Our task is to collect the scattered relics of Khalim - his Heart, his Brain, and his Eye. We have located the eye and brain; only the heart eludes us...
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#26 Post by Lions »

I had a great time with you guys last night in the game, and my apologies for getting a bit far ahead in terms of level before rejoining you all. Was quite fun to be in the game again.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#27 Post by Bill »

Yeah, I'm gonna try to catch back up this weekend so I can play next week.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#28 Post by John »

I also had a great time. It's nice to play a game that allows people to seamlessly enter/leave without stopping the whole show! It's no problem that you were a little ahead of us level-wise, Frank - watching your barbarian leap around was cool. 8) Bill, most of us are around level 23-24 now, so feel free to shoot for that range if you want to catch up.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#29 Post by Bill »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:Bill, most of us are around level 23-24 now, so feel free to shoot for that range if you want to catch up.
OK, thanks. Do I have to be caught up in the game too (or at least in the same Act)? I got to Act II this morning. I thought I read that there are some key quest that you have to complete to be in the same party.

Hopefully I can get that far this weekend. I have about a 90 pick window during the draft - I was hoping to get some time in then as well.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#30 Post by John »

You definitely don't need to be caught up level-wise to join our group. It will just make you more able to jump into the action if you are, but it's no biggie. I don't think you need to be caught up quest-wise, either, but I'll allow another member of the group to correct me.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”