"A Day at the Races" - Kentucky's Rants and Raves

Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#16 Post by Duane »

ok, let's say I keep him and he goes to A-ball. IN the off season we may be adding short-seaon A. Would you assign this kid to short season or deal with the learning curve at full season (when he may be taking the seat of somone with more 'current' talent)???
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#17 Post by John »

Thoroughbreds wrote:ok, let's say I keep him and he goes to A-ball. IN the off season we may be adding short-seaon A. Would you assign this kid to short season or deal with the learning curve at full season (when he may be taking the seat of somone with more 'current' talent)???
I think I'd let his results in advanced A this year make that determination. If he puts up solid numbers the rest of the way then I'd maybe challenge him next season; otherwise I'd bump him down to SS-A.
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Duane »

*** FLASH *** FLASH *** FLASH ***
Kentucky signs 2 to extensions

SP Dan 'The Animal' Hankins agrees to 4 year pact

Kelley agrees to stay 3 more years as backup to Prieto

Negotiations continue with Dawson, Molina, Imamura ...

Minoru Hashimotowas successfully claimed off waivers. He has made the Trip to Arlington to join his new team the Kentucky Thoroughbreds. Hashimoto will be inserted into the roation as the #2 guy behind Dan Hankins.

It appears as though time has run out for Xue-Qin Yuan. Rumor has it that he is set to be Waived and if he goes unclaimed will be released to persue his career elsewhere. Yuan has often been referred to as "The BIG LOSER" curently with a record of 3 - 12 and the highest ERA on the team.

AA unitily infielder Bill Fern has been released

A second baseman Khai Li has been released
Duane

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#19 Post by Duane »

Yes the rumors surrounding Daron Littleare true.

He was placed on waivers in hope somone claims him. If he goes unclaimed he will be assigned to the 'Farm'. :roll:

It's not that we don't like Mr Little ... on the contrary, hae has been very cordial all season with his 2mil+ contract in hand. What we are doing as a team is saving some money - Bottom line is that we need to keep him from attaining his PA bonus and drawing another 700,000 from our empty pockets. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by Duane »

Bill here ... In a ... cost ... saving ... move, I have agreed ... in principle ... to ... part ways ... with ... Xua-qin Yuan ... by trading him to the ... Calzones. In return, we ... receive ... a 2008 ... 4th round ... draft pick. :-o
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#21 Post by Duane »

Hankins Watch ...
It looks like Dan is ready to go at it again after being given a 'skipped turn'. He says his shoulder is fine and he is anxious to get back out there to join the stampede along with recently aquired lefty Hashimoto who is 2-0 in his 3 starts and 21 innings as a Thoroughbred. Manager Carver says "with these 2 topping the rotation, the team is beginning to look solid" and the near .500 record strongly supports his claim.
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#22 Post by Duane »

The Dawson update
Team GM Duane Rudis says that negotiations continue with Ron Dawson. Duane claims "We are very close to inking a long-term deal" and adds "Ron has been very gracious in all communications surrounding his new contract."

Hopefully there will be reason to celebrate very soon, as Dawson is looking like the building block that Murdock's lackluster performance has failed to command thus far this season.

If Murdock can regain the form which made him center stage to join Dawson and grampa Takaki, I think they will make a nice base for the recently signed Sancho Martinez (CF/RF) along with up-n-coming DH Hector Trujillo (batting 352 at AAA) and 2B Chris Wiley (313 at AAA). And AAA outfielder Tim Walker (321 with 49 doubles) as Insurance in case Molina is not signed.
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by Duane »

As the season winds down and Bill is lounging on the nude beach in Hedonism II, Negril, Jamaica, the coaches and scouts are buzzing around like yellow jackets hastily gathering food from apple trees for the coming Winter. You see the Throroughbreds have been playing a linup of rookies this month. Every position is filled with the future promise of first year players (rookies). Most are not impressing so much (Murdock,Sancho,Stephens,Wiley,Trujillo) yet there are a few who are making a statement to become the future here in Kentucky (Dawson,Oliver,Lopes,Walker). It looks like the futures of Murdock, Stephens, and Sancho are safe even though they performed poorly at the ML level this season. Dawson has done nothing but reinforce his claim to an OF spot. Oliver and Walker are showing power and patience in their call-up, but the OF will be crowded in Spring training.

The surprise being Lopes. Lopes was never highly regarded, and even though he could have been called up during the season, management opted to keep him in AAA. Now that he is being given a chance to play everyday for Kentucky he is leading the youth movement with a .313 average and solid defense. He could be the middle infield gem the Rod Carver has been asking for - but he needs time to prove his worth. His AAA season was kind-of roller-coaster like with 2 months hitting above 300 and 3 months under 250 ... that plus he is 34 years old. If I had to guess what the future holds for Lopes I would say he will be invited to Spring training and be given every opportunity to win the starting SS job.
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “League News and Articles”