LeMans 2014

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeMans 2014

#1 Post by Leones »

Calling all racing fans.. (even those from other planets :wink: ) the 2014 edition of the 24 Hours Of LeMans kicks off in less than 18 hours! Anybody else going to be watching?

Who are you watching this year? I'll be pulling for Tom Kristensen (#1 Audi) for the overall win with an eye towards the new Porsche entry with Mark Weber (#20 Porsche). Toyota should give them both a good run.

The GT class should be another barn burner even without the SRT Vipers attending. Naturally I'll be pulling for the Corvette team. Jan Magnussen seems to be in good form these days and I'll watch Oliver Gavin pilot that surly V8 around the apexes.

Gotta get stocked up with food and drink to carry me through as much of it as I can stay awake for!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: LeMans 2014

#2 Post by roncollins »

Battousai wrote:Calling all racing fans.. (even those from other planets :wink: )
I like the sound of that. :)
The 2014 edition of the 24 Hours Of LeMans kicks off in less than 18 hours! Anybody else going to be watching?

Who are you watching this year? I'll be pulling for Tom Kristensen (#1 Audi) for the overall win with an eye towards the new Porsche entry with Mark Weber (#20 Porsche). Toyota should give them both a good run.

The GT class should be another barn burner even without the SRT Vipers attending. Naturally I'll be pulling for the Corvette team. Jan Magnussen seems to be in good form these days and I'll watch Oliver Gavin pilot that surly V8 around the apexes.

Gotta get stocked up with food and drink to carry me through as much of it as I can stay awake for!
I'll definitely be checking in. Endurance racing is always cool. It's nice sometimes to have the really super-close racing you see in the NASCARs (and now in Indy), but that's not what gets me amped about racing at all. For me it's about the precision of the effort, mixed with the technology, and lots of other nuances and whatnot. It's a beautiful sport, and I find myself just as interested in a "crushing" victory as I am in a close race--especially when the close race is merely created by rules rather than any true parity.

Webber's Porsche entry is interesting. I hadn't really been following Patrick Dempsey's US entry. Always like seeing crossover guys taking a serious approach.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by roncollins »

I assume you're already on it, but just in case here's the link to the real time scoring page.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Triple-A

#4 Post by Rory »

A fellow gear head here. But i was unable to watch any racing on TV this week as I was gone attending Indiana Midget Week(Midget Car Racing) for the last 4 days straight.
Do you guys have some highlights?
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Leones »

I started to try and list them all here but way too much happened.

Clean start, dry. Torrential rains take a Toyota and Ferrari which takes out an Audi.

Race leading and remaining Toyota suffers electrical fire, destroying the car just as daylight is coming on the backside of the course unseen in the dark.

Audi and Porsche swap race lead but each team suffers car issues which cost them the lead. Audi's have turbo issues Porsche electrical and gearbox. Eventually Audi replaces the turbos costing them time, Porsche eventually ends up with both car in pit only able to roll out #14 at the end to try and grab points on the last lap.

That's just the LMP-H class. Tons of action in GT Pro and GT Am. Try and grab a video recap if you can.

One of the best LeMans in years. It was always offering something throughout the race. I didn't even get a full hour sleep anywhere....
Patrick Hildreth

Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Leones »

Audi looks to have posted the race in several smaller chunks:

http://www.audi-motorsport.com/de/en/we ... emans.html
Patrick Hildreth

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”