OOTP Does Football - American Style

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: OOTP Does Football - American Style

#31 Post by Rory »

Badgers Wrote
Wait, what?? You can play fictional leagues with fewer than 32 teams in FOF???

That's news to me ... I always thought one of the big knocks against the game was a lack of customization in terms of number of teams, divisions, etc... Basically, that you are locked into the NFL-style 32-team format?

I am very interested to hear how you can customize the amount of teams? I have only played it briefly but I see no such option.

If I could create a smaller, fully fictional league I'd likely be more interested in FOF7 while I wait for BTS.
Your right.
I don't know why I thought you could customize the leagues you made. Sorry for the late reply on this. I was just gonna post on here if we had thought more about forming a new BTS league in PEBA and read the posts. I went back to test this to see how to do it and find nothing there that I thought was there. :oops:
Maybe I was thinking of OOTP or something. I'm not sure. My bad.

So have we thought more about forming a league and what it may look like?
Transmitters
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

#32 Post by Transmitters »

Knights wrote:
Your right.
I don't know why I thought you could customize the leagues you made. Sorry for the late reply on this. I was just gonna post on here if we had thought more about forming a new BTS league in PEBA and read the posts. I went back to test this to see how to do it and find nothing there that I thought was there. :oops:
Maybe I was thinking of OOTP or something. I'm not sure. My bad.

So have we thought more about forming a league and what it may look like?
I'm all for one! Football is my absolute favorite sport.
Jonas Pine,
2016 Hyakujuu GM,

2019- Kawaguchi GM
richard_v
Double-A
Double-A

#33 Post by richard_v »

I would be all for a PEBA football league :)
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#34 Post by Cole »

I'm down as well.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Transmitters
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

#35 Post by Transmitters »

I think we'd probably have to do like 4 seasons a version maybe like a 18 week (17 games + a bye week) season with 3 preseason games.

Play each team in your division twice.

NFL style draft, perhaps 8 rounds instead of seven.

I'm assuming practice squads will be in the game. Which might be able to be used as a full minor league. If so then expand the draft to about 10 rounds.

Playoffs should follow the NFL format, 2 wildcards per conference, division winners are automatically in, top 2 teams in conference get a first round bye.

Now, I think we would do two sims a IG week.
Jonas Pine,
2016 Hyakujuu GM,

2019- Kawaguchi GM
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#36 Post by Apollos »

I think the biggest problem is that they haven't yet announced whether or not V 1 will include multiplayer/online, unless I missed something?
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#37 Post by Cole »

Sandgnats wrote:I think the biggest problem is that they haven't yet announced whether or not V 1 will include multiplayer/online, unless I missed something?
From the bullet points during the release announcement:

Many benefits from utilizing the OOTP code base, like the user-friendly interface, online league support, HTML output, customizable text database and much more!

When asked on the forums specifically about it, Francis Cole (the developer) has remained relatively non-commital (since it's obviously not in the game as of yet)... Markus on the other hand I've seen mention a few things that would lead me to believe it will be in.

I would be shocked if the game doesn't include online play.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#38 Post by Rory »

BTS announcement
BTS Forum

I think there is talk about online game play and custom playbooks. Maybe they're talking about how Pigskin Empire does the online game play. Where you call plays head to head against your opponent. idk, just guessing. Anyways Francis mentioned it was possible if there was time to code it. I'd also be shocked if they didn't have a online multi player mode like we do here with baseball. After reading around the forum a little, this game sure sounds like it's gonna be da bomb.

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”