For you Computer Guru's

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

For you Computer Guru's

#1 Post by Rory »

I'm not all that smart in this computer age stuff. Learn more everyday though. I have a computer security question involving ftp and another league I'm in.
Does it make a difference (security wise) if each team has their own ftp account or if all the teams share one league ftp account?

I know this might be a dumb question. But I have a league that is switching from each team having their own ftp account to everyone using one league account and wanted to get an idea if its a security issue before I signed on or passed on it.
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: For you Computer Guru's

#2 Post by Leones »

If everyone shares the ftp account then everyone will have the same access and same abilities. If the account is allowing write access (I'm assuming it does) then every one would have the ability to read and write from/to the same file.

I don't know enough about how OOTP manages these things to answer that aspect of the question though. Maybe one of the PEBA Board could better address it...
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: For you Computer Guru's

#3 Post by Rory »

Thanks for the info Battousai

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”