What if the draft were the only way to build a MLB team?

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

What if the draft were the only way to build a MLB team?

#1 Post by John »

Domenic Lanza of It’s About the Money wrote:For the purposes of this piece, I attempted to use only those players that are currently on a Major League roster. However, I was forced to use a few players that have made a career of riding the shuttle from the Majors to the minors, as well as some prospects that are currently in the upper minors. It was, believe or not, difficult to construct these teams, as the development of talent in the game has not been close to equitable. There are some interesting names missing here, as some teams have simply developed too much talent to fit onto a 25-man roster. And there are many names that are unknown to even the most hardcore of baseball fans.

So, without further ado, here is my attempt at constructing the All-Homegrown MLB.
So how does your favorite team stack up? The Indians have a surprisingly effective rotation and their infield looks strong (first base excepted), but man alive, is that the worst outfield ever, or what? Here's hoping that Clint Frazier pretties that ugly scene up for us in a few years.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: What if the draft were the only way to build a MLB team?

#2 Post by Arroyos »

My favorite Tigers would do well in a Draft-Only league. They seem to have made wise picks that would result in a team with terrific strength and depth in the outfield and starting rotation. What I find interesting to note is how neatly the key trades they've made in the last couple years complement what the farm system is turning out. Acquiring Fister and Sanchez turns a pretty good Homegrown rotation into one of the best in the MLB. And persuading Prince Fielder to play first turned a decent Homegrown infield into one of the most formidable in baseball.

Someone in Detroit knows what he's doing.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”