I will be playing through the web interface
29%

Total votes: 7

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

How many of you own OOTP?

#1 Post by John »

I was curious to know how many of you own OOTP 2007 and how many will be playing through the web interface. This actually has some relevance to our settings. For instance, I currently have team scouting staffs enabled. However, only people who own the game will have access to those scouting staffs - it's not part of the web interface (you can still play the game just fine without it, of course). If most of our owners don't own the game and have no intention of buying the game, I may make some modifications to the settings to level the playing field somewhat.

This actually gives me a chance to pitch buying OOTP 2007. You're all here, so I know you dig this kind of deep sim experience. The OOTP developers have done a fantastic job over the years, improving on their design and implementing tons of user requests on a tight budget. Every sale helps ensure a new version with more improved features, and I definitely think the game's worth supporting. Beyond the enhanced experience you'll have in this league as an OOTP2k7 owner, you'll be able to create your own solo-play leagues with whatever settings you like.

If you're considering purchasing OOTP, visit http://www.ootpbaseball.net/downloads.php#dl. There you can download the full setup files OR a "try before you buy" free demo version for PC or Mac. If you get the full version you'll be asked to submit a $35 payment when you run the setup files; when that's done you'll have full access to the game. Give it some thought, or give the free demo version a go if you're on the fence. I highly recommend it!
Last edited by John on Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#2 Post by Matt »

Just purchased it. Looks well worth the money.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Ghosts »

i'm not sure what this program "does" above and beyond the web interface. any help?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

Bears wrote:i'm not sure what this program "does" above and beyond the web interface. any help?
OOTP is a fully-featured baseball simulator that allows for an incredibly deeper play experience than what you can get just through the web. In fact, all you're doing by using the web forms is instructing me to make moves in my copy of OOTP... moves that you could be making yourself if you had the game. Plus you'd be able to view way more details with your own copy!

I can't even begin to detail all the features of the game. Instead I'll point you to the OOTP product page: http://www.ootpbaseball.net/. You can view the details there, as well purchase the game via digital download. There's also a "try-before-you-buy" free demo version available for download. Give it a look!
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Denny »

That's interesting that you can't actually use your scouts or coaches from the online site. You can view them, by going to your team's page and then "Personnel".

I would hate to lose the scouts and coaches feature, as to me that is one of the most fascinating aspects of the game.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Denny »

Bears wrote:i'm not sure what this program "does" above and beyond the web interface. any help?
Just download the free demo version (it's for both PC and Mac) and fool around with a sample league. You'll find yourself ponying up the $35 in no time....at least that's what I did :lol:
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#7 Post by Coqui »

As I recall, OOTP used to have a feature where one person could purchase the game and two people could download it from that license. Is that still possible? That would make things easier for me I know.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by John »

Longshoremen wrote:As I recall, OOTP used to have a feature where one person could purchase the game and two people could download it from that license. Is that still possible? That would make things easier for me I know.
That's correct: One purchase allows for two licenses. I'm unfortunately using both of mine (one for my desktop and one for my laptop for times I'll be conducting sims away from home). However, it's entirely possible for two owners to share the $35 purchase cost and the two licenses that come with it.

Maybe we should try "buddying up" in this thread? Certainly $17.50 is a ridiculously small price to pay for a game as enjoyable as OOTP.
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

OOTP

#9 Post by Zephyrs »

Based on John's descriptions and having already downloaded the free trial, I will be puchasing the game as well.

THANKS!
Paul-Reno Tenpinners

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”