10 Questions: Bill Lancombe

Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

10 Questions: Bill Lancombe

#1 Post by Ghosts »

Truth is, we're starting to get nervous about 10 Questions. The reason? This week, it's Bill Lancombe, LF for the Bakersfield Bears, who is unlikely to be resigned -- OK, he will not be resigned -- by the Bears. After reading his responses (ie, learning about his love for a good broasted chicken) it is going to be really hard to say goodbye.

1. Who besides the Bears is the toughest team in PEBA?
Tempe Nights. Alberto Magana, Jorge DeVargas, Vic Stroud. I would not mess with them, those are some tough dudes. Oh, you mean as in good at baseball?

2. If you were going to share a Lean Cuisine with a member of the New Jersey Hitman who would it be?

Artie Marsh. The little guy is a grown man that only weighs 150. I would choose him so there would be more for me to eat. He would take one bite and need a nap.

3. What are your strengths?

I've been told I give great foot massages.

4. What are your weaknesses?

I was told that by my mother.

5. Bob Evans or Denny's?

I'm Canadian so Tim Hortons.

6. Parachute Pants or Michael Jackson Zipper Jacket?

Jams.

7. Favorite Jack Cobb moment?

The road trip to Niagra Falls to meet his girlfriend, that we never met. But we did get a picture taken of us in a barrel going over the falls.

8. Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama?

I'd rather tell you about the time Jack Cobb wore Bakesfield Bear colored Zubaz pants to his sister's wedding. He called them his "dress slacks".

9. Manager Aric Kinast's best quality?

Letting me bat even though I am only hitting .237.

10. Favorite spot to visit when playing in Canton?

Papa Bears/Pizza Oven. Best Broasted Chicken in Stark
County.

BONUS QUESTION:

11. Why are you hitting .203 against lefties, even though Bakersfield's crack scout team says you should be pummeling them?

Interview over.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Ghosts »

NOTE: this article is not to be posted until Monday evening...there is no need to step on top of Aurora's slightly more informative, and absolutely more interesting, breakdown of Japanese free agents.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

No need to wait; we'll post this gem right away! :D

Return to “League News and Articles”