Ticket Prices On The Rise In Jersey

What price would you pay to see the Hitmen play?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:37 pm

under $15
29%
$15-17
14%
$18-20
No votes
$20-24
29%
$25 or more
29%

Total votes: 7

Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ticket Prices On The Rise In Jersey

#1 Post by Hitmen »

Rumors of Budget Problems Appear To Be True

by Tony Contralto, La Cosa Newstra

9/1/2007: Trenton, NJ - While the Hitmen are suffering from a 3 game losing streak, word comes from their front office that fans themselves may take a hit in their wallet the next time they visit the ballpark. So far this year the front-running Hitmen have consistently sold out, but it remains to be seen if fans will show up for somewhat meaningless games in September as ticket prices will rise 10% effective immediately.

When contacted this afternoon, new general manager Matt Fuller stated, "Everything costs more these days. Gas prices are on the rise, bread, milk, ammunition... whaddya gonna do? We have to be able to offset our expenses with new revenue streams whenever possible, especially with our sponsorship arrangements with the New York gubernatorial office recently coming to an end.”

Local patrons are not happy with the news. "Yeah, prices are rising everywhere, which is why I can't afford more on the Hitmen," complained local supporter Dominic Delmonico. "I mean, I'm still loyal to the family… err, team, but it makes it a lot harder to actually get to the ballpark."

Most concession workers at the ballpark are also unhappy, but some realize the need for higher prices. Vic Damone, owner of Damone’s Dogs, isn’t sure that customers understand the financial pressure on businesses under the current economic conditions. “The truth is it costs more to produce and transport product these days, and while we try not to pass every increase in operating costs on to the consumers, we gotta eat too, you know? We still have two more Dollar Dog nights for home games on Mondays (on the 10th and 24th), but that promotion will not carry over to the postseason, unfortunately.”

Luis Peña, the highest paid Hitman on the roster at just over $11.5 million, doesn’t understand why the fans are concerned over the price hike. “They raised the price two dollars. Twenty two dollars to come to see me play? A bargain, I assure you.”

Team officials have confirmed that all in-park vendors are prevented from raising the prices of concessions and merchandise for the remainder of the season. However, promotional events may be cancelled at the discretion of the vendor, and patrons should realize that vendors located outside of the park gates are not under contract to the team.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

Bunch of cheapskates here! You wouldn't pay $25 to see the best team in PEBA play? And Mercer County Waterfront Park is gorgeous from what I hear, too... really great sight lines. I'd totally be down for shelling out top dollar. Except on Dollar Dog Nights... never much cared for that promotion. How about "Zander Sander Night" in honor of SP Zander Miller? The first 5,000 through the gates get a free Bosch 1295DVSK 5" Palm Sander. Now that's a promotion I could get into, especially if I can sneak my own power supply into the ballpark! :grin:
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Hitmen »

At least a "Zander Sander Night" wouldn't be a jinx...he's already on the DL :?

Return to “League News and Articles”