GM and manager in-game details

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

GM and manager in-game details

#1 Post by John »

Before we begin play in earnest I wanted to give anyone who'd like to the opportunity to change the details of their in-game GM and manager. Here is a list of items you can change:

* Name and Nickname (for manager only - GMs should go by the name of the human running the team)
* Date of birth: Most in-game GMs' day and month of birth mirror the human running the team. Birth year is NOT accurate in most cases. You can either mail me your correct birth year or request a fake DOB.
* Nationality

Additionally, you may want to think about your "role" within your team. Everyone is assumed by default to be both GM and owner. If you would prefer to be considered just as your team's GM, submit a name and any special details for your team's fictional owner. Your owner may be referenced in future stories involving your team.

You can either post your details here or - for those squeamish about revealing their birth date publicly - you can email them to me. You don't have to make any changes if you don't want to: this is purely for cosmetics and your own personal entertainment.
Last edited by John on Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Tyler »

If you could, I would like it if my in-game GM character had my LGT handle, "Voltaire", as my nickname. My manager I shall not touch. I'll keep my role as the owner/GM mogul of the Coal Sox. 8)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

I forgot to specify that nicknames can only be changed for managers (I'd be happy to add nicknames to your GMs but apparently the OOTP interface won't allow it). I've edited the first post to reflect this.

Coal Sox, would you like for your manager to take on the "Voltaire" nickname?
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Denny »

You can go ahead and change my birth year to 1968--every time I go to my page and see myself as only 29 I feel like I'm living a lie (though I do look very young for my age :grin: ).

The Codgers' owner is an eccentric billionaire recluse named Hopkins Bunner. Further background on both Mr. Bunner and how the Codgers came to be where they are today will soon be forthcoming, so keep your eye on the news pages :)
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Tyler »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:I forgot to specify that nicknames can only be changed for managers (I'd be happy to add nicknames to your GMs but apparently the OOTP interface won't allow it). I've edited the first post to reflect this.

Coal Sox, would you like for your manager to take on the "Voltaire" nickname?
Nah, that's okay. Actually, I have switched the positions of my bench coach and manager, which you'll get in the update. Press release coming soon.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”