Neat stuff sim thread PEBA 2024 Season 18

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread PEBA 2024 Season 18

#16 Post by Borealis »

I'm thinking that with the contraction draft, these teams had extra budget room - plus I wonder if they had a carry over budget increase (maybe the new media contract) that gave them the dollars to sign guys - they've been very busy for sure!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

#17 Post by Simon »

San Antonio signed another free agent, this time infielder and defensive wizard at every position there: Ken Keddy for 2 years, 16.47M per and it makes him the highest paid player in the club.

I dont think he is exactly worth this money, but we had to burn some of those $$$ somewhere and after fiasco in negotiations with few other free agents, we decided to go with Keddy. He will give us gold glove at every infield position, so should be very useful out of bench, or maybe he will start at 3B and Fuentes moves to DH-ing, we'll see.
Simon Kuliszewski
Proud General Manager of San Antonio Calzones de Laredo
Since mid 2020 (268-293 .477)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#18 Post by Alleghenies »

While I hate losing useful players for nothing on waivers, Thank you Havana for claiming my pitcher Nicolo Arcimboldo. I didn't have anywhere for him to pitch and at 6 million a year, I didn't need him so thanks. :-)

Also in this sim thanks to waivers I got my new starting SS Manuel Nunez and hopefully future shortstop in Bang-xou You.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#19 Post by Leones »

Alleghenies wrote:While I hate losing useful players for nothing on waivers, Thank you Havana for claiming my pitcher Nicolo Arcimboldo. I didn't have anywhere for him to pitch and at 6 million a year, I didn't need him so thanks. :-) ...
We try to make everyone happy. :)

He's a bit of a gamble for us. Much like San Antonio we had some money to burn. We're hoping he can become a very useful bullpen piece. He seems to be on the downside as a starter but he did manage an uptick last season with a reduced inning count.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#20 Post by Zephyrs »

Leones wrote:
Alleghenies wrote:While I hate losing useful players for nothing on waivers, Thank you Havana for claiming my pitcher Nicolo Arcimboldo. I didn't have anywhere for him to pitch and at 6 million a year, I didn't need him so thanks. :-) ...

He's a bit of a gamble for us. Much like San Antonio we had some money to burn. We're hoping he can become a very useful bullpen piece. He seems to be on the downside as a starter but he did manage an uptick last season with a reduced inning count.
If I hadn't spent so much in free agency, I would have tried to nab him.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#21 Post by Alleghenies »

Leones wrote:

I hope so too. I felt bad having to cut him loose, but he disappointed this year and I have used a lot of money signing prospects for the future and have about 17 PEBA ready pitchers...
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#22 Post by Borealis »

Canton... That's a lot of change for a lot of K's... It'll be interesting to see if a better hitters park helps out de los Santos...

Aurora signs a new pitching coach for SLRC, and man - his personality descriptor changed after signing - to the point where I may not have offered him a deal... :shake:
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#23 Post by Alleghenies »

Hoping the sim is done early tonight, I'd love to make a lineup or two :-)
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#24 Post by Akira »

I've been rejected by a lot of FAs, but this is the first I've seen that was specifically because of my manager.
Reject.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#25 Post by Alleghenies »

Akira wrote:I've been rejected by a lot of FAs, but this is the first I've seen that was specifically because of my manager.
Reject.PNG

That happened to me too
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#26 Post by Cole »

Calzones wrote:San Antonio signed another free agent, this time infielder and defensive wizard at every position there: Ken Keddy for 2 years, 16.47M per and it makes him the highest paid player in the club.

I dont think he is exactly worth this money, but we had to burn some of those $$$ somewhere and after fiasco in negotiations with few other free agents, we decided to go with Keddy. He will give us gold glove at every infield position, so should be very useful out of bench, or maybe he will start at 3B and Fuentes moves to DH-ing, we'll see.

Wow, good for Keddy.

I wanted to shed some payroll so I didn't pick up his $8.5 (I think) million team option. In retrospect, I wish I had, as I could have used him this year and he was actually pretty solid for me. However, I thought he was a bit overpaid at that price... Definitely so at $16.47 M per, but he should provide some nice pop and defence for you, as always.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

#27 Post by Simon »

Yeah 8.5 seems a lot more reasonable. It would be ideal to sign him just for 1 year, but 2 is ok too if he performs at similar level as before.
Simon Kuliszewski
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#28 Post by Borealis »

After the first week's worth of games...

- Manny Castro and Domingo Gutierrez got the bulk of the time behind the plate and had near identical stats, with the lead item being a 2-8 week...
- Edgardo Diaz, the contraction draftee from Tempe went 4 innings, 2 H, 4 K and 0 R - Neat!!
- 'Javelin'? Not So Neat: 2.2 IP, 4 H, HR 3R... Bryant Burris, chiming 'Not so fast': 3 IP, 3 H, 0 R...
- In the battle for the 4th pitching spot: Eric Perkins (4 IP, 6 H, 2 HR, 4 R, 3 BB) was the first to blink... 'Sawmill' (4 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 5 K, 1 BB) looked solid... 'Massacre' had a perfect 1.1 IP in the 'pen and will slide into the rotation for a start to begin the week while Perkins heads to the 'pen...
- The Battle for the 5th OF Spot: Mercado (2-11), Justice (2-6), Wright (0-3), Olivas (1-9), and Hernandez (1-5) keep the spot a muddled one... The decision wouldn't be so dire if Ferringo could actually play some defense and not simply be a DH...
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

#29 Post by Simon »

Oh yeah, Spring Training. 5-1 start with some great performance from a lot of players, so far so good.
But its only ST, so im not jumping around with happiness just yet.
Simon Kuliszewski
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#30 Post by Denny »

Well it only took seven games for the injury bug to strike the salmon and green, with Alexander O'Neal down for a month with a broken foot.

Fortunately it was for just this sort of situation that we signed Ryutaro Okada shortly before ST started....he'll be filling in earlier than expected!
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”