Opening Day 2015

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Opening Day 2015

#16 Post by Coqui »

Ocelots wrote:I've been saying all along, the two worst signings of the entire off-season are the Sandoval signing and the Ramirez signing by the Red Sox. Sandoval will eat his way out of a job in a matter of months, and Ramirez is a clubhouse cancer.
I'll throw Tim Lester's Cubs' hat into the ring. Granted, ESPN may have overblown the issue, but if Tim Lester truly has the yips about throwing the ball to a base - any base, that's really poor due diligence on a $155M purchase by the Cubbies. Add to that a lack of restrooms in the Friendly Confines, and you have a really embarrassing start to the season for the Lovable Losers.

Full disclosure, I'm a Cardinals fan, so feel free to take this analysis with a grain of salt.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#17 Post by Cole »

Ocelots wrote: We always had hints that Sandoval was a slacker. But man, what an ass he really turned out to be. Doesn't want to come back to the Giants because they keep him on conditioning program? Feels disrespected?
Link?
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Matt
VIP
VIP

#18 Post by Matt »

Badgers wrote:
Ocelots wrote: We always had hints that Sandoval was a slacker. But man, what an ass he really turned out to be. Doesn't want to come back to the Giants because they keep him on conditioning program? Feels disrespected?
Link?
You haven't heard this saga? What planet do you live on, Canada?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... sATHrQtDMD

http://nesn.com/2015/03/red-soxs-pablo- ... th-giants/

http://www.sportal.com.au/article/news/ ... 92wd1nb8pt

Those are just a few of the tidbits. Long story short, Steaming Pile (aka Pablo) shoots off his mouth about being disrespected (in other words, Brian Sabean refused to kiss his backside). Where as a grown up might have kept his mouth shut and maybe even shown a little gratitude for playing on a team that won 3 championships DESPITE Steaming Pile getting only 3 at bats in the 2010 World Series. Showing what a spoiled punk brat he is, Pablo kept running his mouth for days on end.

Giants players refused to comment on Pablo and gave the typical "I wish him the best" comment when asked. Like the grown ups they are. Aubrey Huff finally steps into the fray and says what most of Steaming Pile's former teammates could have said, which is that Steaming Pile is an egotistical and lazy teammate. Steaming Pile then takes a shot at Aubrey.

Amount of respect I have for Pablo now, zero. Choke on that contract Boston. If Steaming Pile doesn't choke to death vacuuming down a buffet first.
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#19 Post by Jason »

He's already has like 10 K's.

I'm not really a fan of the giant panda but I so like the Ramirez signing. All current reports have talked about him having matured. Who knows, he could still end up being a clubhouse cancer.

Regardless, I think the Red Sox offense has the potential to be deadly this season. It's the pitching I am worried about. Entire rotation are 3/4 starters.
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#20 Post by Alleghenies »

Hey, this was the year the Cubs were predicted to win the world series in Back to the Future.

Here is to hoping...

Wouldn't that be awesome though? In the superstitious world of baseball, to have the curse of the billy goat superceded by a back to the future prediction?
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#21 Post by Cole »

Ocelots wrote: You haven't heard this saga? What planet do you live on, Canada?
Haha, I had heard murmurs, just hadn't really followed it closely. Thanks for getting me caught up.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

#22 Post by Simon »

Last two Giants games vs Padres: won 1-0 and then lost 0-1. Both games for us started Timmy, 1st one Hudson, second one Lincecum. Im particularly happy for the second Timmy. He was the reason im a Giants fan and its good to see him pitching well again :clap:

Other noticeable player for me is Brandon Crawford. This guy has been making defensive plays everywhere on the field, his glove in OOTP should be 10/4/10/10 right now. Remember double play from WS game 7 Panik to Crawford? They are doing plays like that on daily basis now, last time vs Padres 2 days ago. It was Crawford to Panik though. And Panik didnt lose his belt.

gm7 double play gif
link to double play vs Padres
Simon Kuliszewski
Proud General Manager of San Antonio Calzones de Laredo
Since mid 2020 (268-293 .477)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by Borealis »

Ah!! Opening Day!!! Blue skies, no fog!! Beer, Polish and three trophy's!! Now where better to be than the most beautiful park in baseball - Go Giants!!!
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#24 Post by Arroyos »

Borealis wrote:Ah!! Opening Day!!! Blue skies, no fog!! Beer, Polish and three trophy's!! Now where better to be than the most beautiful park in baseball - Go Giants!!!
image.jpg
Don't get carried away, Michael, it's an odd numbered year, and we know the Giants' record in those seasons.

I was in Petco Park when the Padres pounded Bumgarner last weekend. All around me the Padres fans were celebrating, but it was troubling to see the SF ace abused so badly. Still, it was my first game in person this season, and it was great to be back in a ballpark.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

#25 Post by Simon »

We have no offence right now.
Aoki has 17 hitting streak, .400 AVG this year, he is our leadoff hitter and we cant score any runs. How is that even possible.
The other guy hitting something is Pagan and...Duffy. And thats it. In last 6 games we scored 8 runs and lost 5 of them.
Small sample size, but it seems like 85 wins odd year season incoming.
Simon Kuliszewski
Proud General Manager of San Antonio Calzones de Laredo
Since mid 2020 (268-293 .477)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#26 Post by John »

That is a hell of a photo, Michael. San Fransisco has the most beautiful ballpark in the world, for my money.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Matt
VIP
VIP

#27 Post by Matt »

John wrote:That is a hell of a photo, Michael. San Fransisco has the most beautiful ballpark in the world, for my money.
You don't even know the half of it until you have been in it. It is simply the most amazing place to watch a ballgame, day or night. Not a bad seat in the house, gorgeous views, best food in baseball, great atmosphere. And dear god, after the miserable cold cesspool that was the 'Stick, Giants fans certainly deserve it. (Even in July you had to bring a parka to the 'Stick for night games).
Matt
VIP
VIP

#28 Post by Matt »

Pablo is endearing himself to Boston faithful about now. A couple nights ago he was pumping his fist and demanding the ball after his 200th career double. The Sox were down 4-0 at the time. Nothing quite like tasting yourself while your team is stumbling.

Then there is this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... 34718.html

Fortunately he is giving everyone enough fodder that it's easy to overlook how pathetic he has been batting against left handers.
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#29 Post by Leones »

He's more panda than kung fu or man it appears..

Hard to imagine paying to watch this team play this season. They are just dreadful.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#30 Post by klewis »

Anyone catch Big Papi Ortiz playing 1B? I read he hasn't played the position in like 10 years? What was even stranger was that he made Red Sox history by not recording a putout as a 1B in the game. Apparently, Boston pitchers must have focused on inducing fly balls rather than grounders...
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”