Pillars of Eternity

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: Pillars of Eternity

#16 Post by Vic »

I've been playing on hard and am currently at the bottom of Caed Nua. I'm a ranger with a wizard, fighter, chanter, priest in tow and, thus far, I've found the game pretty challenging, tbh. a good number of fights require multiple spells from the wizard+priest to get through, which means that I have to camp every 5 fights or so to get their spell reserves back up (also, to get my fighter's health back - I got him the self-bandage talent, but it only does so much). I am playing 1 character short of a full party atm (just because I haven't met anyone else yet to be my 6th), though - did you guys buy recruits from the inn to fill out the party? Or did I miss some story characters along the way?
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Evas »

My party is level 5-6 now. I did create 1 extra character (in the visage of my wife) at the inn. Otherwise I would be short a guy. As it stands, I have a pretty big hoard of 6 characters, 2 animal side kicks and a pet dog.

There is one character I have that I find pretty tedious that I would like to be rid of, but I haven't found an opportunity yet with a new NPC and I don't really want to create a 3rd custom character as the back stories and interactions between party members is a big portion of the game.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

#18 Post by Simon »

There is total of 8 NPC companions (in order i met them): wizard, fighter, priest, chanter, ranger, paladin, cipher, druid.
I didnt create my own characters as there is everyone i need for a party class-wise and they have interesting personalities as well.
Simon Kuliszewski
Proud General Manager of San Antonio Calzones de Laredo
Since mid 2020 (268-293 .477)
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

#19 Post by Simon »

Im wondering if any of you are still playing this game.
I finished it on the Path of the Damned difficulty level some time ago. Great game ;-D

Except for last fight (around 15-20 tries) it wasnt so terribly difficult. My party consisted (almost) as i planned in one my previous posts: Rogue (main), fighter (unkillable tank), Paladin (2nd tank with auras and more dmg, but i didnt really care), Priest (heal bot), Druid (it could be mage instead; or just about anybody else, i didnt need caster for dps), Cipher (stun bot). I needed to get Paladin instead of Hunter, since Druid couldnt really tank, and neither could Hunter's pet.

My tactic was basically like this: Cipher stuns a target, my rogue kills it (massive backstab bonus) and we move on to the next enemy. Fighter and Pal tank as many targets as possible, so my rogue is free to move around and kill everybody :) Priest mainly heals tanks. Druid is just whatever !+)
At the end of game my Rogue did 120k dmg, second one in my party was Druid with 48k and 3rd Cipher with 40k :)

I was kinda sad when the game ended :(
Now im doing Caed Nua dungeon (lvl 9 atm) and quests i didnt do before while waiting for DLC :)
Simon Kuliszewski
Proud General Manager of San Antonio Calzones de Laredo
Since mid 2020 (268-293 .477)
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by Bill »

I got about 2/3 done on normal difficulty, but got distracted by other things and haven't played in a couple months. I did like the Caed Nua dungeon. I got to about level 9-10 before I had to stop and get a bit more stout.

I suppose I should finish...

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”