Guess I'm Ready for Baseball

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Guess I'm Ready for Baseball

#1 Post by Morris Ragland »

Karl Ravech appeared in a dream I had last night. We talked about Jason Heyward.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Guess I'm Ready for Baseball

#2 Post by John »

This is what we call "A Sign." Bring on the counting games! :bang:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Jason »

Weird.

I just had a dream a few nights ago that I went to some university as a grad student and somehow managed to walk on to the basketball team at age 38 since I still technically had 4 years of eligibility.

I clearly and vividly remember going to the practices and being outrun (literally, not meaning the basketball jargon) by the 18-22 year olds, but still won the starting PG role and was basically the father figure on the team orchestrating the offense.

It was such a clear dream that I remember the local news covered the story and they were amazed that a 38 year old 5'9 dude could drain 3's on a string and run the offense against kids so much more athletic. On the negative side, as the story went national and viral some students and fans of the program saw it as a publicity stunt and were upset I was taking away a spot from a deserving kid.

What I couldn't remember? What the name of the school was.

I woke up and it was still a few hours before my son normally wakes up. I tried SO DESPERATELY to get back into the dream. No luck, unfortunately.

What's my take on the meaning? --- I am having a hard time accepting that I am getting older.
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Arroyos »

Harpoon wrote: I am having a hard time accepting that I am getting older.
Join the club, Jason. It's a distinguished club, nearly universal, I'm told.

Last week I woke up after dreaming about playing softball, so I went looking for my baseball glove. It took several minutes of searching and not finding it before I remembered I gave my glove to a young kid way back when I was 50 and my legs couldn't get me under a flyball anymore. No need for glove if the legs won't get you close enough to the ball to catch it. So I passed it on.

When I give away my APBA baseball cards it'll be a clear sign I've been called up to the Elysian Fields Old Timers League.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#5 Post by Jason »

Ha!
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”