Super Bowl Over/Under

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

Super Bowl Over/Under

#1 Post by Rory »

On how many times deflategate will be mentioned from kickoff til the end of post game.
richard_v
Double-A
Double-A

Re: Super Bowl Over/Under

#2 Post by richard_v »

Knights wrote:20

On how many times deflategate will be mentioned from kickoff til the end of post game.
Over, easily over.

Also I thought they'd cancel the game and just talk about it instead, seems like that's what they're trying to achieve anyway
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Borealis »

Over x2...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#4 Post by Rory »

ya i wasn't counting but i think it was waaaay over 20.

But what an incredible game. This cheesehead didn't have a dog in the fight but man was this one enjoyable to watch. Both teams played great. The fight at the end was a perfect end to a great game.

The media apparently got tired of deflategate and wanted something new to bitch about, so why not start some Lynchgate bs. The sports media has become a sad state of affairs with National Enquirer overtones.

I think the quick slant on 2nd down was a perfect call. With 1 timeout, if you run the ball there and don't make it, you'll have to use the timeout.(they did just stop Lynch on the play before) Then the Patriots will know that you either have to pass the ball or bank on being all in on a 3rd down run play. They will be stacking the line hard for that one.
By throwing on 2nd down the Seahawks will be able to use up all 4 downs if needed and be able to call whatever play they choose on the next 2 downs. You could go to Lynch 2 more times with the defense still having to protect the pass if you wanted. Advantage Offense.
The quick slant was well executed with a well thrown ball. Buuuuuut....the Patriots DB made a great play on the ball to win the game. If he would've gotten there a half a step later it's a TD. If the ball wasn't thrown so accurate and maybe a little behind the receiver, it's a TD. Give Malcom Butler all the credit in the world for making a great play to win a super bowl. That's a play you dream about as a kid. Awesome game.
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Bill »

I actually thought it would be under. But I guess I was naive. Or maybe hopeful. I think at one point they were actually talking about how much they weren't talking about it.

With respect to the game, I thought it was awesome as well. I don't think the last play call was the worst thing in the world. I pretty much agreed with how Dan Le Batard started his radio show today - which was the play call was questionable, coaches make lots of these decisions every game that open themselves up to criticism, and let's pump the brakes on annointing Pete Carroll a moron.
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by roncollins »

I think that if you're going to pass in that situation, you do it as a play action to Lynch, and throw a ball that Wilson can decide to throw away if it's not there. The play was a bad call because you have too many opportunities for the INT that happened. At that point, the main thing you do with that call is make as close to 100% sure that you keep possession as you can.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Denny »

Cliff Hangers wrote:I think that if you're going to pass in that situation, you do it as a play action to Lynch, and throw a ball that Wilson can decide to throw away if it's not there. The play was a bad call because you have too many opportunities for the INT that happened. At that point, the main thing you do with that call is make as close to 100% sure that you keep possession as you can.
Agree with this. It's not simply choosing to pass that's bad--with only one timeout left, they would have HAD to pass at some point--it's the particular risky pass they chose which made it bad.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#8 Post by Rory »

The quick slant pick play is a very successful play in the NFL.(Notre Dame hasn't quite figured out how to run it yet. lol)
It's extremely hard to defend.
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#9 Post by Rory »

omg is that all we got on this subject?
I think the talking heads on tv and the radio are still rambling on about this. Well that and the Falcons noise problems.
How can we let them out do us like that? ;-7
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Arroyos »

Are you guys STILL talking football? It's over, it's done with, let's move on to a meaningful discussion.

IT'S SPRING TRAINING IN THE PEBAVERSE!!!

Baseball is back, baseball brings meaning, baseball becomes life! "In the beginning was baseball ..."
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Matt
VIP
VIP

#11 Post by Matt »

We could always move on to off-season football talk, such as the over/under on the number of

1. drug suspensions
2. felony arrests
3. domestic violence cases
4. former player suicides due to CTE
richard_v
Double-A
Double-A

#12 Post by richard_v »

Ocelots wrote:We could always move on to off-season football talk, such as the over/under on the number of

1. drug suspensions
2. felony arrests

3. domestic violence cases
4. former player suicides due to CTE
Josh Gordon covers the league average for 1 and 2 alone.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Borealis »

Bulldozers wrote:Are you guys STILL talking football? It's over, it's done with, let's move on to a meaningful discussion.

IT'S SPRING TRAINING IN THE PEBAVERSE!!!

Baseball is back, baseball brings meaning, baseball becomes life! "In the beginning was baseball ..."
Thank You Bob!!!

I was just about to say, 'Don't you know it's baseball season once your local football team is out of the mix...???'

Though one could argue it's ALWAYS BASEBALL SEASON,!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Arroyos »

Borealis wrote:
Bulldozers wrote: IT'S SPRING TRAINING IN THE PEBAVERSE!!!

Though one could argue it's ALWAYS BASEBALL SEASON,!!
Ah, how I wish it were, Michael, but there are moments, between October's glory and March's anticipation, when no balls are being batted, no bases run, no hurlers hurling, no catchers catching, and those other (nameless) sports fill the news and the telly with their tedious tidings. Alas, even winter leagues and rookie leagues and south-of-the-border leagues can't quite fill the emptiness in my heart during those months. On those bleak days I appreciate the attentions of the nurses and orderlies, take comfort in the routines and discipline, even smile occasionally at the foibles of my fellow inmates—uh, patients. And during the long, baseball-less nights of winter, it's probably a good thing I'm committed to this institution, else I might do myself some harm. Praise Nurse Peters and pass the vicodin.

But it's spring, man! The PEBA returns!
Hope, as the saying goes, springs eternal from the ball and glove.

Will somebody please cry, PLAY BALL!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#15 Post by Rory »

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”