OOTP 16

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: OOTP 16

#16 Post by roncollins »

Leones wrote:I'm excited about the recoded team strategy system. This is a feature I've always wanted to use more in OOTP15 and hopefully it will lend itself to more use in OOTP16.
I proposed a 1-page design to Markus that would greatly simplify the strategy setting process ... probably 8-10 years ago. So, yes, it will be interesting to see how he does this.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Triple-A

#17 Post by Rory »

We change OOTP's every 2 seasons. Is this correct?

Im wondering how these changes will mesh with the players and coaches we already have once we do change over. Especially with the managers and coaches. If we have them signed 2 and 3 years out with no personalities and then pow....they get some. And a good deal of em might not be what you wanted. Could this create mass hysteria house cleaning?
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Borealis »

Knights wrote:We change OOTP's every 2 seasons. Is this correct?

Im wondering how these changes will mesh with the players and coaches we already have once we do change over. Especially with the managers and coaches. If we have them signed 2 and 3 years out with no personalities and then pow....they get some. And a good deal of em might not be what you wanted. Could this create mass hysteria house cleaning?
I believe we only did a year on the previous version because of the LRS controversy and recruiting concerns, if I recall correctly...

Let's hope that's a toggle feature...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#19 Post by Arroyos »

Knights wrote:We change OOTP's every 2 seasons. Is this correct?

Just think of the great stories we could generate, Rory!

DOZERS SWAP MANAGER FOR 2 DRAFT PICKS

KNIGHTS FIRE MANAGER, HIRE DOZERS' FORMER MANAGER

KNIGHTS NEW MANAGER GOES ON DRUNKEN BINGE, CAUGHT WITH KNIGHTS' PITCHING ACE'S WIFE, COMMITS SUICIDE

DOZERS REHIRE FORMER MANAGER, NOW DECEASED, CLAIMING A DEAD MANAGER IS BETTER THAN SOMEONE WHO MAKES MISTAKES

KNIGHTS EXPERIMENT WITH FAN-BASED LINEUP AND SUBSTITUTION DECISIONS; OTHER PEBA MANAGERS GO ON STRIKE IN PROTEST

DURING PROLONGED MANAGER STRIKE, EVERY PEBA TEAM WITH A LOSING RECORD PLAYS WINNING BALL! PEBA COMMISSIONER LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO SUSPECT MANAGERIAL PRACTICES

PEBA SUSPENDS ALL MANAGERS FOR REMAINDER OF SEASON; ON-FIELD DECISIONS MADE BY TEAM CAPTAINS; BASEBALL RETURNS TO ITS ORIGINS
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Akira
All-Star
All-Star

#20 Post by Akira »

Two new features that caught my eye:

• We have redesigned large chunks of the team finance system, including new season ticket sales

Rainouts with automatic rescheduling, adding the realism that comes with rain-shortened and cancelled games. Is your bullpen strong enough to handle those late-season double-headers?

Progressing toward ever more realism. Pretty cool.
RonHi
ronhi0@yahoo.com
Neo-Tokyo Akira
Trade Block updated on 2/12/2021
2012 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
2017 Neo-Tokyo Cup Winner
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#21 Post by Rory »

Bulldozers Wrote:
Just think of the great stories we could generate, Rory!

DOZERS SWAP MANAGER FOR 2 DRAFT PICKS

KNIGHTS FIRE MANAGER, HIRE DOZERS' FORMER MANAGER

KNIGHTS NEW MANAGER GOES ON DRUNKEN BINGE, CAUGHT WITH KNIGHTS' PITCHING ACE'S WIFE, COMMITS SUICIDE

DOZERS REHIRE FORMER MANAGER, NOW DECEASED, CLAIMING A DEAD MANAGER IS BETTER THAN SOMEONE WHO MAKES MISTAKES

KNIGHTS EXPERIMENT WITH FAN-BASED LINEUP AND SUBSTITUTION DECISIONS; OTHER PEBA MANAGERS GO ON STRIKE IN PROTEST

DURING PROLONGED MANAGER STRIKE, EVERY PEBA TEAM WITH A LOSING RECORD PLAYS WINNING BALL! PEBA COMMISSIONER LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO SUSPECT MANAGERIAL PRACTICES

PEBA SUSPENDS ALL MANAGERS FOR REMAINDER OF SEASON; ON-FIELD DECISIONS MADE BY TEAM CAPTAINS; BASEBALL RETURNS TO ITS ORIGINS
lmao Bob. We have a meeting this week about putting voting buttons on all the seats.....Along with Hotdog, Cracker Jacks and Ice Cold Beer Here buttons.

Akira Wrote:
Two new features that caught my eye:

• We have redesigned large chunks of the team finance system, including new season ticket sales

• Rainouts with automatic rescheduling, adding the realism that comes with rain-shortened and cancelled games. Is your bullpen strong enough to handle those late-season double-headers?

Progressing toward ever more realism. Pretty cool.
Ahhh yes. Twilight Doubleheaders. What is baseball without em?
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#22 Post by Nigel »

I wonder how the double headers will work with those that use the 7-day scheduling? I assume if you had a rainout you wouldn't have a make-up that week, if you did your pitching assignments would be all over the place. I bet OOTP would end up pitching your ace on two days rest and end up screwing your season when he blows his elbow out :shake:
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by Borealis »

Underground wrote:I wonder how the double headers will work with those that use the 7-day scheduling? I assume if you had a rainout you wouldn't have a make-up that week, if you did your pitching assignments would be all over the place. I bet OOTP would end up pitching your ace on two days rest and end up screwing your season when he blows his elbow out :shake:
I'd assume this is an on-off feature that would make sense bring off if on-line leagues - for just that reason....
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#24 Post by Mike Dunn »

Borealis wrote:
Underground wrote:I wonder how the double headers will work with those that use the 7-day scheduling? I assume if you had a rainout you wouldn't have a make-up that week, if you did your pitching assignments would be all over the place. I bet OOTP would end up pitching your ace on two days rest and end up screwing your season when he blows his elbow out :shake:
I'd assume this is an on-off feature that would make sense bring off if on-line leagues - for just that reason....
That's what I'd assume also. Leaving it on would wreak havoc with rotations in 5- or 7-day sims.
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
richard_v
Double-A
Double-A

#25 Post by richard_v »

Leones wrote:I'd like to see how this works:

"Alternate currencies (Euro, Pounds Sterling, Yen, etc.)"

Seems like an interesting feature especially for a global league such as ours. Sure to make some heads spin tough.

I'm excited about the recoded team strategy system. This is a feature I've always wanted to use more in OOTP15 and hopefully it will lend itself to more use in OOTP16.
I don't think I could even tell you a baseball salary in £ rather than $. Also it doesn't really make any sense as most of the sports contracts that appear in £'s are per week, rather than annually. That said I'll no doubt try it once to see what it's like.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#26 Post by Matt »

Borealis wrote:
I would be for leaving it on. This is a feature I have wanted for a long time. Much more realistic to have rainouts and scheduling issues. What do you do when you reach the dog days of August and have 7 games in 5 days because of double-headers? How do you work the rotation? Do you spot start a reliever, or call up that prospect from AAA for a cup of coffee? Who has the deeper bench? This makes the game so much more challenging.
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#27 Post by Morris Ragland »

Ocelots wrote:
Borealis wrote:
I would be for leaving it on. This is a feature I have wanted for a long time. Much more realistic to have rainouts and scheduling issues. What do you do when you reach the dog days of August and have 7 games in 5 days because of double-headers? How do you work the rotation? Do you spot start a reliever, or call up that prospect from AAA for a cup of coffee? Who has the deeper bench? This makes the game so much more challenging.
Speaking as the manager of a team that plays in a city with a monsoon season and the occasional typhoon, I would not be in favor of this. Naha's average monthly rainfall in May, June, and August is 10 inches, with 7 inches in July and September. Our schedule would be a wreck.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#28 Post by Arroyos »

Shisa wrote: Speaking as the manager of a team that plays in a city with a monsoon season and the occasional typhoon, I would not be in favor of this. Naha's average monthly rainfall in May, June, and August is 10 inches, with 7 inches in July and September. Our schedule would be a wreck.
Why not play half your home games in Yuma? Your ballplayers might enjoy the annual average rainfall of 3 inches and a wettest baseball month (August) when a half an inch (.49) typically falls. No rainouts in 10 years!

Free bottled Colorado River water included in all package deals!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Matt
VIP
VIP

#29 Post by Matt »

Here's where investing in a retractable roof might be in order?
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#30 Post by Morris Ragland »

Ocelots wrote:Here's where investing in a retractable roof might be in order?
If the league wants to cut me a check for $15M, I see no problems.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”