Trade between SA and AUR

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Matt
VIP
VIP

Trade between SA and AUR

#1 Post by Matt »

AUR receives:

SA 6th round draft pick

SA receives:

3b Matt Ford(A)

I am fairly certain this trade can't be processed until the Sunday sim since the date didn't roll over and the game still thinks we are in the post season. Mike is aware of this also.

As for the trade itself, we could have waited and plucked Ford in rule 5, I am sure he would have been exposed, but then we would have been forced to carry him on our roster. We picked him up for 4A type depth in the event of injuries. He has been stuck in Aurora's deep system and not getting the playing time in recent seasons, but he had some interesting seasons in the low minors. What really had me interested was looking at his combined numbers in 2016/2017 at AA, where in 158 games he hit 35 doubles, 19 HR, 82 rbi in 604 at bats. 2018/2019 were lost seasons as Ford got buried in Aurora's system, but we are going to try to resurrect him at AAA in 2020. He gives us a left handed hitting option at the corner infield spots to go with right handed hitters Cameron, Terry, Smith, Robinson, and Suzuki, which should be a fairly deep group to be able to call upon in the event of injuries to our infield. A former 12th round pick, he shows to have a decent eye at the plate, and some good power to the gaps with the ability to crank one out once in a while.

For the Borealis, they pick up a mid round pick in exchange for a former 12th rd selection who was lost in their system and likely would have been exposed to rule v anyway.

Thanks for the quick and easy deal Mike. I am sure we will talk again.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade between SA and AUR

#2 Post by Borealis »

Calzones wrote:AUR receives:

SA 6th round draft pick

SA receives:

3b Matt Ford(A)
Aurora confirms...

And Yup, he would have been in the Rule 5...

Thanks Matt!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Matt
VIP
VIP

Re: Trade between SA and AUR

#3 Post by Matt »

This trade is official and has been processed.

Return to “Processed Trades”