Trade between CAN and KAL

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

Trade between CAN and KAL

#1 Post by Coqui »

Kalamazoo receives:

SS Carlos Rodríguez

Canton receives:

MR Marcos González
SP Jorge Jiménez

Thanks to Cole for the fun negotiations. I will post again later to give roster instructions for our new additions.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Trade between CAN and KAL

#2 Post by Cole »

Longshoremen wrote:Kalamazoo receives:

SS Carlos Rodríguez

Canton receives:

MR Marcos González
SP Jorge Jiménez

Thanks to Cole for the fun negotiations. I will post again later to give roster instructions for our new additions.

Confirmed.

I am uneasy about this deal, but right now I have two decent infielders and two replacement level infielders that are bogging down my offense. C-Rod gives me another good hitter to put in the lineup. I plan to play him at 2nd I believe and move Gil Sterling over to SS, Ralph Gunther over to 3B.

On the other hand, I had 7 total guys who could start respectably as an SP, with none of them really jumping out ... Plus Pat Green additionally on the DL coming off in a month, not to mention Luis Montoya just getting off the DL, and Simon 'The Beast' Jones perhaps being only a year or two away from the rotation.

Decided to deal from a position of strength, to address a need. Jimenez had actually been moved to AAA as this season was pretty disastrous for him, as he only got a few starts, that went poorly, then was moved to the bullpen as a long man and that didn't seem to agree with him either.

Gonzalez has been decent, albeit inconsistent this season, but he had recently been moved to the bullpen with the acquisition of Michael Ayers.

I feel/worry I am dealing both of them at the low point of their value and I expect both to turn things around, but it's a chance I have to take. Not only does having C-Rod and his near .400 OBP at the top of my lineup help jumpstart an offence that needs a boost after losing Chris Allen, but he's also a relatively cheap solution for the next 2 to 3 years as well. Likely better/cheaper than what I could have acquired on the free agent market anyway.

I will also write back with instructions later tonight. Thanks for the deal!
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Coqui »

Please insert Gonzalez and Jimenez into the #2 and #3 spots, in that order in the Longshoremen major league starting rotation (and if it's not too much trouble, in the missing SP slot in the 7-day lineups, too).

Thanks.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Cole »

Please insert Carlos Rodriguez into the 2B position and leadoff spot of the batting order in the lineup screen versus RHP+DH and LHP+DH, and also paste him into the leadoff spot for all games in the 7-day lineup screen.

Thanks!
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by DanD »

Badgers wrote:
Longshoremen wrote:Kalamazoo receives:

SS Carlos Rodríguez

Canton receives:

MR Marcos González
SP Jorge Jiménez

Confirmed.

I am uneasy about this deal, but right now I have two decent infielders and two replacement level infielders that are bogging down my offense. C-Rod gives me another good hitter to put in the lineup. I plan to play him at 2nd I believe and move Gil Sterling over to SS, Ralph Gunther over to 3B.

On the other hand, I had 7 total guys who could start respectably as an SP, with none of them really jumping out ... Plus Pat Green additionally on the DL coming off in a month, not to mention Luis Montoya just getting off the DL, and Simon 'The Beast' Jones perhaps being only a year or two away from the rotation.

Decided to deal from a position of strength, to address a need. Jimenez had actually been moved to AAA as this season was pretty disastrous for him, as he only got a few starts, that went poorly, then was moved to the bullpen as a long man and that didn't seem to agree with him either.

Gonzalez has been decent, albeit inconsistent this season, but he had recently been moved to the bullpen with the acquisition of Michael Ayers.

I feel/worry I am dealing both of them at the low point of their value and I expect both to turn things around, but it's a chance I have to take. Not only does having C-Rod and his near .400 OBP at the top of my lineup help jumpstart an offence that needs a boost after losing Chris Allen, but he's also a relatively cheap solution for the next 2 to 3 years as well. Likely better/cheaper than what I could have acquired on the free agent market anyway.

I will also write back with instructions later tonight. Thanks for the deal!
This trade is official and has been processed.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa

Return to “Processed Trades”