Trade Between HYA and KUW

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Shinkansen

Trade Between HYA and KUW

#1 Post by Shinkansen »

Christmas Blockbuster for the LRS :clap:

KUW Receives:
HYA 1st Round Pick
SS 3rd Round Pick
$1,900,000

HYA Receives:
LF Ryozo Takeuchi

I didn't want to part with what will probably be the 1st Overall Pick, but when Takeuchi was offered, I couldn't refuse? He's a sure thing, where as 'Stubblebeard' is just a prospect. Thanks for the Deal Mark. And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Steel Dragons

Re: Trade Between HYA and KUW

#2 Post by Steel Dragons »

Shinkansen wrote:Christmas Blockbuster for the LRS :clap:

KUW Receives:
HYA 1st Round Pick
SS 3rd Round Pick
$1,900,000

HYA Receives:
LF Ryozo Takeuchi

I didn't want to part with what will probably be the 1st Overall Pick, but when Takeuchi was offered, I couldn't refuse? He's a sure thing, where as 'Stubblebeard' is just a prospect. Thanks for the Deal Mark. And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I confirm, I move pieces for what will be a good draft and not move a pitcher. He goes to terrorize the SSG your welcome BBG.

Merry Christmas all
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by roncollins »

Very interesting deal here. Takeuchi is a solid performer, but he's going to be 26 soon, and he's suffered seven injuries in the past three seasons (five of those injuries coming with 3 or more weeks of downtime). Perhaps I'm just overly sensitive, but the LRS is an injury grinder.

I see why HYA did it, but at the end of the day KUW wasn't going anywhere this year _with_ Takeuchi that they can't get to without him, so I think HYA's 1st rounder (which will be a good player), a third pick, and $1.9M has got to be considered too good to pass up.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Evas »

Cliff Hangers wrote:Very interesting deal here. Takeuchi is a solid performer, but he's going to be 26 soon, and he's suffered seven injuries in the past three seasons (five of those injuries coming with 3 or more weeks of downtime). Perhaps I'm just overly sensitive, but the LRS is an injury grinder.

I see why HYA did it, but at the end of the day KUW wasn't going anywhere this year _with_ Takeuchi that they can't get to without him, so I think HYA's 1st rounder (which will be a good player), a third pick, and $1.9M has got to be considered too good to pass up.
It is hard to deny what a stud Takeuchi is offensively. Thought he does have his limits. His defense is workable at best. He is injury prone. And he has massive L/R splits, so much so that I considered platooning him. He benefited massively from the park layouts in Kuwana and SS, which favor LH power hitters. I think he will be somewhat less of a player in HYA than he was in SS or KUW. But even with all that said, he is fully developed and a sure thing talent wise. Hard to turn down for a team looking to get in to the mix of things pretty soon.

On the flip side; Mark, the Captain Nemo of the LRS, gets another whale. He seems to be going all out for the 2020 draft. I am sure he will be making a lot more calls trying to secure as much of that 1st round as possible.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by DanD »

Steel Dragons wrote:
Shinkansen wrote:Christmas Blockbuster for the LRS :clap:

KUW Receives:
HYA 1st Round Pick
SS 3rd Round Pick
$1,900,000

HYA Receives:
LF Ryozo Takeuchi

I confirm, I move pieces for what will be a good draft and not move a pitcher. He goes to terrorize the SSG your welcome BBG.

Merry Christmas all
This trade is official and has been processed.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa

Return to “Processed Trades”