Trade Between KAW and HYA

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Shinkansen

Trade Between KAW and HYA

#1 Post by Shinkansen »

I lacked the cash for Yamasaki, so Shannon did some bidding for me, so the deal is as follows;

HYA Receives:
SP Okura Matsuura
2B Takeichi Yamasaki
2B Ching Lim

KAW Receives:
CF Okitsugu Murata (A)
SP Tamotsu Taniguchi (A)
2B Kiyotaka Takaki (AAA)

Yamasaki transfer fee is covered with Lim's contract for this year and next. Matsuura is an alright starter that could anchor the 5th spot in my rotation for a few years.
Shannon Franklin

Re: Trade Between KAW and HYA

#2 Post by Shannon Franklin »

Shinkansen wrote:I lacked the cash for Yamasaki, so Shannon did some bidding for me, so the deal is as follows;

HYA Receives:
SP Okura Matsuura
2B Takeichi Yamasaki
2B Ching Lim

KAW Receives:
CF Okitsugu Murata (A)
SP Tamotsu Taniguchi (A)
2B Kiyotaka Takaki (AAA)

Yamasaki transfer fee is covered with Lim's contract for this year and next. Matsuura is an alright starter that could anchor the 5th spot in my rotation for a few years.
Kawaguchi confirms. I shed Lim's contract for next year, which is $9M so that makes up for the cash I dropped on Yamasaki. I pick up a young SP prospect who has the makings of a mid-rotation starter. I get some speed in Murata and bring back IF Takaki to get some at bats.

Dan, could you please place Takaki in my depth charts at 2B and have my manager set the lineups. Then place Murata in all my depth charts as the backup OF (set to 'only when tired'). Please and thank you!
Shinkansen

#3 Post by Shinkansen »

Dan, if you could slide Okura Matsuura into my #1 spot in my rotation, that'd be great! You can just leave the others on DFA
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Evas »

Interesting and creative series of moves here. I really like the novel approach to adding some talent. I am sure he blew away all other offers.

I don't love Yamasaki. I don't the he is a star. But he should still be a solid starter and very good value for HYA over the next several years.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Borealis »

Evas wrote:Interesting and creative series of moves here. I really like the novel approach to adding some talent. I am sure he blew away all other offers.

I don't love Yamasaki. I don't the he is a star. But he should still be a solid starter and very good value for HYA over the next several years.
Actually it was a very spirited bidding war between two teams over a 24 hour period that saw me brokering the deal while at the Warriors game last night... It was more like outlasted the competition. It certainly went far beyond our expectations...

It was our first interaction with moving players with the LRS - we've never put in a posting bid before, and it was exciting. I was glad to have moved Yama to the LRS as he was going nowhere fast with Aurora.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by roncollins »

Evas wrote:Interesting and creative series of moves here. I really like the novel approach to adding some talent. I am sure he blew away all other offers.

Definitely interesting from all sides. The LRS is a wheeler-dealer kind of a league, though. So it'll be fun to see how it turns out.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by DanD »

Transmitters wrote:
Shinkansen wrote:I lacked the cash for Yamasaki, so Shannon did some bidding for me, so the deal is as follows;

HYA Receives:
SP Okura Matsuura
2B Takeichi Yamasaki
2B Ching Lim

KAW Receives:
CF Okitsugu Murata (A)
SP Tamotsu Taniguchi (A)
2B Kiyotaka Takaki (AAA)

Kawaguchi confirms. I shed Lim's contract for next year, which is $9M so that makes up for the cash I dropped on Yamasaki. I pick up a young SP prospect who has the makings of a mid-rotation starter. I get some speed in Murata and bring back IF Takaki to get some at bats.

Dan, could you please place Takaki in my depth charts at 2B and have my manager set the lineups. Then place Murata in all my depth charts as the backup OF (set to 'only when tired'). Please and thank you!
This trade is official and has been processed.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa

Return to “Processed Trades”