Trade between Naha and SS

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trade between Naha and SS

#1 Post by Evas »

Naha receives:
CF Manabu Kawano
2B Sidney Pelikaan (A)
Shin Seiki's 2nd round draft pick
$2,500,000 Cash

Shin Seiki receives:
CF Yosai Ikeda
SP Alberto Ramón
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Trade between Naha and SS

#2 Post by Morris Ragland »

Evas wrote:Naha receives:
CF Manabu Kawano
2B Sidney Pelikaan (A)
$2,500,000 Cash

Shin Seiki receives:
CF Yosai Ikeda
SP Alberto Ramón
Confirmed.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
roncollins
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by roncollins »

Interesting deal. In Ikeda, the Eva Empire gets the best player in the deal, but not by a ton. Naha could come out of this one okay.
Ron Collins
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
2020 Neo-Tokyo Cup Champions
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

After nine years, Ramón returns to the team that drafted him, and with whom he broke into the league. I like the acquisition for Shin Seiki. Ramón has been dominant at times, and if he can recapture some of that old form, he could really bolster the Evas' rotation.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#5 Post by Morris Ragland »

Was worried about Ramón returning to his 2016 form after the elbow issues he had in 2018, and he really had no excuse for his lackluster 2017 from what I can tell. Was nice to offload the salary and free up a gaijin spot. This will allow me to move 21 year-old Tsuginori Honma into the rotation. Like this kid.

Did not consider Kawano a big downgrade at center, though I may come to regret the loss of Ikeda's defense this year.

Can we develop Pelikaan into an everyday second baseman? Hope so, but he does have a ways to go defensively. He wields a pretty solid stick, regardless.

It's a little weird holding another team's draft pick. Guess I have to root against the Evas now.

We're really high on $2,500,000 this year, given what it can bring, I think there's solid value there.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Evas »

I got shut out of the FA market for CF's this season. I had been targeting En-Guo Guao heavily, but unfortunately got out bid but the Nutmeggers in terms of contract length. That left me with a hunger to upgrade in CF, money to burn and an open gaijin spot.

This deal was all about getting a piece in Ikeda that was the perfect fit for what I needed, not maximizing pure value. Young, talented LRS ready Japanese CF's with excellent defense are a very rare commodity so I didn't feel bad about being giving up significant assets to get Ikeda. I think he should bring decent offensive production in terms of obp and speed. But the real difference maker will be his defense in CF. I now have excellent defenders at all OF positions. I am thinking that should help my pitchers significantly, just like on the 2013 Indians.

To be honest Ramon's inclusion was more about financial relief for Naha than it was about my wanting him. But it is definitely cool to get him back after so long. I traded him away waaay back in 2010 after the first human run LRS season in deal that landed me Eitoku 'Mjølnir' Yamada who was amazing (74.1 VORP) for me in 2011 before turning in to one of the biggest busts in my entire LRS run in 2012 when he posted a -6.4 VORP after signing a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $26,700,000.

Ramon will get a chance to compete with Akira Endo for the #5 spot in my rotation in Spring Training. Ramon is likely the favorite at this point considering the success Endo had in the pen for me last season. Ramon has always done a good job of keeping the ball in the yard, which is a major concern for RHP's in my park. If that keeps up he should have pretty good success with the defense I have backing him up.

I have to say, seeing the twists and turns of these players careers is just the best.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by DanD »

[quote="Shisa"][quote="Evas"][b]Naha receives:[/b]
CF [url=http://pebabaseball.com/reports/news/ht ... 11742.html]Manabu Kawano[/url]
2B [url=http://pebabaseball.com/reports/news/ht ... 13942.html]Sidney Pelikaan[/url] (A)
$2,500,000 Cash

[b]Shin Seiki receives:[/b]
CF [url=http://pebabaseball.com/reports/news/ht ... 11505.html]Yosai Ikeda[/url]
SP [url=http://pebabaseball.com/reports/news/ht ... 10199.html]Alberto Ramón[/url][/quote]

Confirmed.[/quote]
This trade is official and has been processed.

Updated Exchanged Draft picks thread

Return to “Processed Trades”