Anyone up for a real-life MLB baseball game?

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Anyone up for a real-life MLB baseball game?

#61 Post by Hitmen »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:I'd like to purchase tickets for the game next week, or the week after that at the latest. So let's put in another call to PEBA members. We're definitely doing a get-together in Chicago this summer. The two possible dates are both Saturdays: July 28 or August 11. July 28 is my preferred date and has support from those who are signed on. It's a better rivalry game (Cardinals vs. Cubs rather than Reds vs. Cubs), but tickets to the game are also more expensive.

Please post your interest in attending as soon as possible. A few of you have said you'll post when we get closer to the date. Don't wait! Please post now so that I can arrange to purchase tickets!

Greg and Jon (and Aric?), you guys previously committed to attending when we were looking to meet on July 7. Could you post again to let us know if you're up for one or both of the new dates?

As for the rest of you, I want to see some non-Chicagoans commit! Y'all say how much you love the league... now's your chance to put your money (and body) where your mouth is! You really never know when this opportunity is going to come around again, so let's see some turnout! ;-D
Not sure if you wanted us that said OK to post again, but yes I am good to go with the preference of the 2 games being the cardinals match up. I would be good for either though.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#62 Post by John »

Hitmen wrote:Not sure if you wanted us that said OK to post again, but yes I am good to go with the preference of the 2 games being the cardinals match up. I would be good for either though.
Yes, I definitely want to be sure that those who previously committed are still on board now that we've changed our dates! Thanks, Michael. I'm very close to setting up the ticket purchase, so I urge anyone who is even considering attending to post their availability in this thread immediately.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Greg A
Triple-A
Triple-A

#63 Post by Greg A »

I can most likely make the 28, but not the 11th.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#64 Post by Ghosts »

Gotta bow out on this one. Wedding. But it's in Chicago so I'd like to know about other festivities in case i can work out some hang time.

Thanks!
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#65 Post by John »

Alright, so we've now heard from all our former sign-ups. Here's our current roster of confirmations:
  • John R.
  • Michael C.
  • Tyler B.
  • Jim K.
  • Greg A.
Let's make this official: The date of the meet-up is Saturday, July 28. Yes, those of us who can may absolutely meet up to spend time together throughout that weekend, but we're going to make it rock-solid that we're attending the Cardinals-Cubs game on the 28th.

I'm giving PEBA members until June 1 to add their name to our meet-up roster. I do hope at least one non-Chicagoan (other than myself) will join us! It would be so nice to meet you all, and we've got a great game to do it at. Let us know by Friday if you can make it.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Jim

#66 Post by Jim »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:I do hope at least one non-Chicagoan (other than myself) will join us!
I will have about a 4 hour 56 minute drive and will most likely be wearing the birds on the bat logo. Those are two big clues about where I'll be coming from (if you haven't guessed yet, there's a noticeable sliver arch on our riverfront).
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#67 Post by John »

As you know, we’re planning a PEBA meet-up this summer. The date we’ve been looking at is Saturday, July 28 for a 12:05 p.m. CT game at Wrigley Field against the Cardinals. Our meet-up group has collected a few members, but we’ve been unable to attract people from outside the Chicago area. After talking amongst ourselves, we’ve decided to solicit interest in an alternate meet-up city and date in hopes of expanding our roster.

The new date we’re looking at is Sunday, July 22. The new meet-up city we’re looking at is St. Louis. The game under consideration is Cubs vs. Cardinals – 1:05 p.m. CT @ Busch Stadium. Four of our five current meet-up group members have confirmed their availability for this new date and location.

Now I throw it over to you guys. One way or another, a group of us will be meeting this July. Our current small group will surely have a blast, but it will be that much more fun the more of you we can add into the mix. We would really, really like you to join us.

But here's the catch... you need to let me know your availability ASAP! I've had several members tell me that they have interest, but they've failed to give a follow-up confirmation. With the July 22 date fast approaching, we cannot afford "half-yeses"; we need commitments! To help you out, let me provide you with a fact sheet for what we're looking at:

PEBA Meet-Up Fact Sheet
  • Meet-up weekend: Friday-Sunday, July 20-22
  • Meet-up location: Chicago (Friday-Saturday) / St. Louis (Sunday)
  • Game date & time: July 22, 1:05 p.m. CT
  • Game location: Busch Stadium, St. Louis
  • Tickets: Around $55 - will depend on number of attendees
  • Transportation: John will carpool up to four members from Chicago to St. Louis and back on Sunday
  • Accommodations: Members will need to arrange for their own accommodations if staying overnight
Once you've read this PM, take an immediate hard look at your schedule for the weekend of July 20-22. Would you be able to make for even part of the weekend? If so, please let us know right away so that we can purchase tickets. Do give this due consideration! These kinds of meet-ups may never come around again, so jump while the opportunity is here! :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denra44

#68 Post by Denra44 »

I'll watch this game on Television... if that counts : D
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#69 Post by John »

Well, we did this thing, and here's the proof! Greg, Michael C., Tyler: Thank you for what turned out to be just an awesome weekend. Dinner at Ombra was great, but conversation with Michael and Tyler is what made Saturday night for me. And that game on Sunday... could we have asked for a better one? If only we hadn't been boiled like lobsters, it would have been perfect. But hey, at least I'm rocking the tan right now. 8)

Guys, thanks again. I had so much fun, and I really hope we can do this again. Perhaps we'll make Cleveland our next meet-up location. There are a lot of members in the Cleveland area. We just need to get the rest of you to do some traveling! ;)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#70 Post by Leones »

That was pretty cool. ;-D Enjoyed seeing the pics.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#71 Post by klewis »

Thanks for sharing, John. Nice to see the PEBA nation representing in Chicago. Glad you guys had a great time ;-D
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#72 Post by Tyler »

It was indeed a wonderful weekend and quite thrilling to meet more PEBAverse members in real life. I'd love to do so again and it'll be my turn to travel next time. I assume we'll wait and take stock next summer, but until then, if you have a chance to meet a fellow league-mate in real life, I highly recommend it! 8)
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#73 Post by Bill »

I'm jealous, sounded like fun. Unfortunately I had just been in Chicago in June and a return trip so soon wasn't in the cards. Since we can plan ahead, maybe we should get something together for either spring training or Opening Day. Just an idea.
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#74 Post by Hitmen »

Alleghenies wrote:It was indeed a wonderful weekend and quite thrilling to meet more PEBAverse members in real life. I'd love to do so again and it'll be my turn to travel next time. I assume we'll wait and take stock next summer, but until then, if you have a chance to meet a fellow league-mate in real life, I highly recommend it! 8)
Indeed, it was a blast meeting other GMs and our now ex-Commish John! Just fun to be able to talk and bullshit about PEBA with others as enthusiastic about it as yourself and hearing about those inside stories you might not have known about. When everyone is throwing out player names and bits of information it seems that much more real. Was made funnier as we sit at a real baseball game doing this, talking about players and teams the people around us had no idea who we were speaking about, but we were talking about baseball. Love PEBA!

And since we were "local" for us this time around, I would be all for doing the traveling next time around as well. I say we try for an annual meetup ;-D
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#75 Post by Duane »

John wrote:Guys, thanks again. I had so much fun, and I really hope we can do this again. Perhaps we'll make Cleveland our next meet-up location. There are a lot of members in the Cleveland area. We just need to get the rest of you to do some traveling! ;)
I know I'm the newbie to the league...but I'm within a 4-5 hour drive of Cleveland and would love to see that stadium.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”