Fantasy hockey playoffs

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fantasy hockey playoffs

#1 Post by John »

I mentioned in the fantasy baseball thread how my interest has waned in that area thanks to PEBA. On the other hand, I'm still a big hockey fan and my one and only hockey league (run by Chris of the Tempe Knights) is still a big hit with me. I'm owner of the Steagle Colbeagles (a tribute to a Stephen Colbert gag), and after a much-needed 1st round bye I'm just starting the semifinals.

As chance would have it, I'm playing Chris (owner of The Bolsheviks. He's got a tough squad, but we're both dealing with some key players sitting out. For Chris it's Patrick Elias (whose D2D) and Chris Pronger (suspended for 8 games due to a dangerous stomping incident). For me it's Zdeno Chara and Sidney Crosby, both of whom are likely to miss the entire semifinals for me. That's some serious firepower missing from my lineup!

Tonight I'm taking a risk and starting Henrik Lundqvist against the red-hot Penguins. I'm probably going to get burned, but every time i bench King Henrik he goes off for a shutout. Of course every time I start him in a close call like this he gets bombed... I can't win!

Do we happen to have any other hockey fans in the house?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

Now I'm going to ask you all to contain your excitement and refrain from embarrassing yourselves, but I won my fantasy hockey league last night. Somehow I was able to weather my star Sidney Crosby being out for a chunk of the playoffs and pull out the victory anyway. Our league is run by Chris of the Tempe Knights and he did a fabulous job as always. Thanks for another great season, Chris! ;-D
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Hitmen »

What is this hockey of which you speak? I recall visiting my sister in Toronto and seeing a game played by Canadian children that went by that name, but a few years ago, I thought it died out.

You sure you don't mean Fantasy Curling?
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by John »

This is probably a bad time to admit that I actually think curling is pretty cool... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Reg »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:This is probably a bad time to admit that I actually think curling is pretty cool... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
is there any time that its not a bad time to admit that :grin:
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Hitmen »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:This is probably a bad time to admit that I actually think curling is pretty cool... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Me too

Of course, I grew up within 50 miles of the main (only?) major curling club in the US.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Denny »

Hitmen wrote:
Me too

Of course, I grew up within 50 miles of the main (only?) major curling club in the US.
No, there is also one here in the Twin Cities, in St. Paul.

Yet somehow I have been able to resist its siren song :grin:

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”