The time is almost here

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Badgers

The time is almost here

#1 Post by Badgers »

Anyone else pumped for the regular season to begin? I know I can't wait.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Tyler »

Heck yes! I'm going to the third game of the season on Thursday. :grin:
Badgers

#3 Post by Badgers »

I wish I could go to a game. I would like to try to make it to the Jake this summer.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Tyler »

I feel guilty hanging out at LGT while actually living on the RTA Red Line. :cry:
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Duane »

One thing at a time - PEBA first in my book :roll: :roll: :roll:
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

Silly though it sounds, I really have been so consumed by PEBA play that it's affecting how much I pay attention to real baseball. Now I'm not saying I'm not going to be watching the Indians like I normally do - cause I will, of course! - but I admit I haven't been tuning in as closely to all the pre-season action from around the league like I normally do. I haven't even turned on my XM radio once to catch pre-season games, which is a big shock for me! Still, I'll be as excited as anyone when the regular season gets going.

The other area that's really been hit hard due to PEBA is my fantasy baseball interest. I'm participating in a few Yahoo leagues, but aside from the excellent one run by our Tempe Knights owner I'm just not that interested anymore. After experiencing the depth of OOTP play, it kinda makes it hard to go back, you know? Still, I should probably see if I can generate some chatter in the Fantasy Sports forum... or ditch that forum entirely. :D
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Tyler »

Bizarrely enough, I'm in the most fantasy leagues ever for me this year (three). I can certainly say, though, that I'll be a frequently absent owner. After OOTP, there's just no caring anymore. :grin:
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Duane »

I am way into this software - really enjoying the real GM duties and handling farm teams. I am in 5 other leagues and my interest too has wained. I'd also like to report that I may have created a 'new' interested manager for our upcoming seasons - after going through the growing pains of getting a very rough team without any money, I can now say that I have been reccomending the game (and league) to others. One in particular is my partner in another league. He did the demo version by playing out the 2007 ML season, and has now purchased the software and is exploring with a fantasy league (fictional players). We speak several times each week about his newest experiences and questions. I have also directed him to our web-site which hs is now checking out the teams.
Duane

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

Thanks a ton for that Duane; that's great news and we'd definitely welcome the extra set of eyes on our website! Now that we're heading into the off-season it's certainly possible that there'll be an opening or two. We have a few people already on our waiting list. If anyone knows a friend who'd like to get on the list, have them contact me and I'll get in touch with them right away.
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

we're all in the same boat...

#10 Post by Ghosts »

no ohio.com, no cleveland.com, nothing but a daily lgt.com check to make sure nothing earth-shattering has happened.

and i've been asked to be in 3 fantasy leagues...and i've had no interest. how can picking between 8 top-tier 3rd basemen in a 10 man "all mlb" fantasy league compare to deciding how man spots on the 40-man roster you're going to leave open for the Rule 5 draft?

(and i'm not kidding).
Badgers

#11 Post by Badgers »

Can you think of a better way to start the real* baseball season?

*game played on American soil
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Duane »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:Thanks a ton for that Duane; that's great news and we'd definitely welcome the extra set of eyes on our website! Now that we're heading into the off-season it's certainly possible that there'll be an opening or two. We have a few people already on our waiting list. If anyone knows a friend who'd like to get on the list, have them contact me and I'll get in touch with them right away.
Looks like my thoughts were trumped ... CL took the prospect and made him an assistant on his team
Duane

IL still RULES!!!!!
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Hitmen »

Had to work tonight, but got up this afternoon for the Yankees home opener. At least it was only rain, not snow. But why do they open in New York on March 31st? At least in Toronto they could have played under the roof.

Am I alone on this? I understand northern teams want to play at home too, but there's gotta be a better way. Cleveland fans, help me out here - was it worth having "home" games in Milwaukee last year?
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Badgers

#14 Post by Badgers »

If the Tribe would have won the World Series because they got to play at home, then no, it sucked having all those games rescheduled.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#15 Post by Matt »

There were many fewer problems with such things when the season opened around the 10th of April. That two weeks or so makes a huge difference. But that would mean playing double headers and leaving revenue on the table, and the greedy bastards aren't going to do that. Much easier to soak the fans. Literally.

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”