Video game sales update thread

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Video game sales update thread

#91 Post by Mike Dunn »

Best Humble Bundle evar if you've never tried the Civ games.

Sid Meier bundle over at Humble Bundle
  • Civ 3 & 4 complete, Ace Patrol + Pacific Skies & Railroads for Pay What You Want.
  • Min of $5.91 gets you Civ V & Gods & Kings DLC
  • Min of $15 gets you Civ V Brave New World DLC
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#92 Post by John »

While I own all these games already, let me suggest to anyone who does not own these games to hop over to Humble Bundle right now and plunk down a little green. You're not going to find a better deal on classic games than this.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#93 Post by Mike Dunn »

If you know anyone who likes sports simulation games, you might mention that the OOTP of soccer, Football Manager 14, is on sale at greenmangaming.

Use code: 0DGPMZ-PIFWMK-FJDYRG to get the price down to $12. Not sure how much that is in pounds.
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#94 Post by Zephyrs »

Skyrim is just $10 on Steam Summer Sale!
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#95 Post by Apollos »

Just noticed this, and there's only a couple hrs left to jump in, but Steam is having a sale on all 2K games up to 75% off which includes Civ V, BioShock, Borderlands, and XCOM. Happy shopping!
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#96 Post by Apollos »

Good Old Games is running a sale through this weekend which includes a heavy discount on the fairly recently released Xenonauts. For those original X-Com fans out there, and I know there are a few among us, this is a pretty close approximation, well updated. I invested quite a few hours earlier this summer before flaming out because: a) the game isn't really in my wheel house, and b) it's brutally difficult. Those two factors proved a lethal combination for me, but I'd still definitely recommend it, especially for the sale price of $17.49
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#97 Post by John »

Sandgnats wrote:Good Old Games is running a sale through this weekend which includes a heavy discount on the fairly recently released Xenonauts. For those original X-Com fans out there, and I know there are a few among us, this is a pretty close approximation, well updated. I invested quite a few hours earlier this summer before flaming out because: a) the game isn't really in my wheel house, and b) it's brutally difficult. Those two factors proved a lethal combination for me, but I'd still definitely recommend it, especially for the sale price of $17.49
Nice highlight, Brian. I was giving that a thought, but I think I'll wait for it to sneak down to the $10 price point before jumping in. Definitely has my attention, though.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#98 Post by Alleghenies »

Xenonauts looks awesome, I cannot believe I've never heard of this game before. Definitely looks like my night shift "work" gaming laptop can run it!!!

I also saw a bunch of games that stirred up some old memories. Heroes of Might and Magic, Cossacks, Theme hospital and Total Annihilation to name a few. This site is awesome!
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#99 Post by John »

Special downloadable versions of both X-Wing and Tie Fighter will soon be released on Good Old Games. They'll be $10 each.

For that price you're getting not just the special editions of the games (which had slightly higher resolutions and improved sound, as well all of both games' expansions), but more importantly they'll be editions of the games that will run on a modern PC without the need to tinker. ...

Note that the announcement of both games comes via a GoG forum notice, which spilled the beans a little early. Similar postings reveal other classic Lucasarts games will also be coming to GoG, such as Fate of Atlantis, KOTOR and Sam & Max (though of course they're exciting, since they've long been available on services like Steam).

Given the timing of the posting, it looks like both X-Wing and Tie Fighter will be available as early as tomorrow.
If you were there, you know. And if you know, you have already set aside $20 for tomorrow. 8)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#100 Post by Hitmen »

So I have a crap ton of free games (Steam Codes) to hand out through various unused Humble Bundle keys. I want to spread the joy a bit so let me know if anyone wants one or a couple, I don't mind.
  • Awesomenauts - Claimed
  • Cave Story+
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • Magicka + 2 DLC - Claimed
  • Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
  • Orcs Must Die! GOTY
  • Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
  • Risk of Rain - 0 of 3 Claimed 3 extra copies must be claimed by 11/25 11AM or they become invalid
  • Insurgency - 1 of 3 Claimed 2 extra copies must be claimed by 12/09 or they become invalid
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Stronghold Crusader HD
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Blackguards

Updated 11/11/14
Last edited by Hitmen on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#101 Post by Alleghenies »

Hitmen wrote:So I have a crap ton of free games (Steam Codes) to hand out through various unused Humble Bundle keys. I want to spread the joy a bit so let me know if anyone wants one or a couple, I don't mind.
  • Awesomenauts
  • Cave Story+
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • Magicka + 2 DLC
  • Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
  • Orcs Must Die! GOTY
  • Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
  • Risk of Rain (I want to say I have 3 extra)
  • Insurgency (I should have 3, as no one has accepted my free handout yet)
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Stronghold Crusader HD
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition

Just wanted to say thanks again publicly. Orcs Must Die! is a great game for anyone who hasn't played it. If you like tower defense games, it is a new twist on the genre by putting you first person where you can kill them with swords and rocket launchers but also lay lots of cool traps for the mobs. Loads of fun!!!
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#102 Post by Hitmen »

Just want to point out, a couple of the keys apparently have time limits on the keys. So if anyone wants a game, try and snatch those up first.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#103 Post by John »

My turn to give away games. I have two free copies of Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat to hand out.
INSURGENCY: Modern Infantry Combat (also known as INS) is a total conversion mod for Valve Software's Source Engine. Insurgency is a multiplayer, tactical first person shooter. The game is primarily set in Iraq, however some maps are set in Afghanistan.

The game is primarily a team-based, multiplayer online shooter focused on tactical, objective-based gameplay. The player can join one of two teams, the US Marines, or their adversaries, the Insurgents. Teams are structured around two squads, for a total of 16 maximum players per team. Within this team structure are limited player classes, such as the Rifleman, Support Gunner, Engineer, or Marksman.

The game has a pseudo-realistic portrayal of the weaponry used. There is no on-screen crosshair and the players must use the iron sights of the game's weapon model to accurately aim the weapon. Shooting "from the hip" is still possible; however, the free-aim system makes this difficult. Weapons are also deadly, with most rifles capable of taking out players with one or two shots to the torso. According to their class, players can also use fragmentation grenades, smoke grenades, and RPGs.

Maps are generally focused on urban warfare, even though there are suburban and outdoor settings.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#104 Post by Rory »

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#105 Post by John »

Want a free copy of Age of Wonders? Have a GOG account? Click this link and add the game to your library! :D

Oh, and let us know when you use it!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”