Video game sales update thread

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video game sales update thread

#76 Post by John »

Torchlight is free on Good Old Games for the next 24 hours! Grab it while you can! While you're there, check out their #NoDRM summer sale. Over 500 games are 50% off the already low prices, and there will be daily deals of up to 85% off through July 5.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#77 Post by John »

The Steam Summer Sale is underway! They are opening with a 50% discount on Bioshock Infinite, taking it to $30. Current flash sales have Skyrim: Legendary Edition at $36 (40% off) and Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition at $9 (70% off). Inspired by Bill's latest AAR? Pick up the game powering it, Don't Starve, for just $9 (40% off). Let us know if you pick something up, or if you see a deal that's too hot for us to miss!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#78 Post by Mike Dunn »

I vow to buy nothing. My backlog is too large.
Mike Dunn

Former GM, Niihama-Shi Ghosts (2011-2019)
Record (9 seasons): 662-634
Division Titles: 1
Playoff Appearances: 3
Neo Tokyo Cup Appearances: 1
LRS Championships: 0
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#79 Post by Bill »

John wrote:Inspired by Bill's latest AAR? Pick up the game powering it, Don't Starve, for just $9 (40% off). Let us know if you pick something up, or if you see a deal that's too hot for us to miss!
Darn it. I want my $6 back now...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#80 Post by John »

Ghosts wrote:I vow to buy nothing. My backlog is too large.
I'm probably in the same boat as you, Mike. I refuse to purchase Skyrim no matter how much I want to play it; I refuse to let it waylay me from writing. The only game I have permitted myself recently is FTL, which is fabulous and, more importantly, lets me get in and out super-fast. It's perfect for a quick after-worknight gaming fix. But that's going to pretty much do it for me for a while, I think. Maybe I'll partake in the Steam Winter Sale when it comes along.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#81 Post by Apollos »

Just a heads up that through the MLB All-Star break OOTP14 is on sale for the absurdly low price of $19.99 in case you hadn't picked up your copy yet. The game isn't likely to see this price point again until the release of 15, so act fast!
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#82 Post by John »

Humble Bundle has a new Origin bundle up. Pay what you want and get Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Mirror’s Edge, and Medal of Honor. Beat the average (currently $4.71) and receive Battlefield 3 and The Sims 3 + Starter Pack, too. Great deal on some popular games.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#83 Post by Hitmen »

John wrote:Humble Bundle has a new Origin bundle up. Pay what you want and get Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Mirror’s Edge, and Medal of Honor. Beat the average (currently $4.71) and receive Battlefield 3 and The Sims 3 + Starter Pack, too. Great deal on some popular games.
I usually love the humble bundles and love supporting the charities although this is one of the few I will avoid. I actually like some of the games, it's more just my hate for origin and the fact that not all these games are available for steam. Last thing I want to do is install yet another steam clone to play a few more games %-6 good deal though none the less for those not biased to hate EA and all that the do.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#84 Post by Mike Dunn »

Hitmen wrote:
John wrote:Humble Bundle has a new Origin bundle up. Pay what you want and get Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Mirror’s Edge, and Medal of Honor. Beat the average (currently $4.71) and receive Battlefield 3 and The Sims 3 + Starter Pack, too. Great deal on some popular games.
I usually love the humble bundles and love supporting the charities although this is one of the few I will avoid. I actually like some of the games, it's more just my hate for origin and the fact that not all these games are available for steam. Last thing I want to do is install yet another steam clone to play a few more games %-6 good deal though none the less for those not biased to hate EA and all that the do.
Agree 100%. I had one try with Origin ages ago and it was a nightmare. I don't want another download client, and my backlog runneth over. So I'm passing.
Mike Dunn

DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#85 Post by DanD »

I actually picked this one up this morning. I've been dabbling in Origin a bit recently and it seems to have been behaving itself pretty well.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#86 Post by John »

This bundle has been upgraded to include the standalone expansion pack Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Steam and Origin) and the Bullfrog classic Populous (Origin only... sorry). Pay more than the average (currently $4.83) and you'll get these two games as part of your bundle. If you already purchased the bundle and exceeded the average, you get these games gratis. For those of you who haven't yet taken the plunge, you have just under six days to get in on the deal!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#87 Post by John »

I just posted about Green Man Gaming's ridiculous Civilization V pack deal, but that's not the only pack being offered on GMG this weekend. Have a look at the full list. There are some particularly great deals there, including the full Dragon Age bundle for $10 and the full X-COM collection for $18.

But it gets better! Add this voucher to your order - GMG20-8MUTY-M21VN - and get an additional 20% off! I used this to snag the Dragon Age bundle for $8. You can't shake a stick at that price. :D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Mike Dunn
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#88 Post by Mike Dunn »

These bundles are becoming almost routine but this one, for some reason, knocks my socks off:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Cities XL Platinum
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition
Divinity II: Developer's Cut
R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War
Confrontation
Game of Thrones

All this can be had for a little as a buck. If you pay more than $6, you also get Wargame: European Escalation and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.

I have heard tremendous things about Divinity II. I am also very interested in Cities XL and Blood Bowl. And Game of Thrones RPG. So... a buck? How can I resist?

(It gives you a single steam key, by the way).
Mike Dunn

Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#89 Post by Zephyrs »

John wrote:The Steam Summer Sale is underway! They are opening with a 50% discount on Bioshock Infinite, taking it to $30. Current flash sales have Skyrim: Legendary Edition at $36 (40% off) and Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition at $9 (70% off). Inspired by Bill's latest AAR? Pick up the game powering it, Don't Starve, for just $9 (40% off). Let us know if you pick something up, or if you see a deal that's too hot for us to miss!
I played Bioshock Infinite and found it very enjoyable. Nothing seems to compare to Skyrim for me however. After getting a taste of the series thanks to John's gift of Oblivion, I have become a complete addict of Skyrim.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#90 Post by John »

Ghosts wrote:These bundles are becoming almost routine but this one, for some reason, knocks my socks off:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Cities XL Platinum
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition
Divinity II: Developer's Cut
R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War
Confrontation
Game of Thrones

All this can be had for a little as a buck. If you pay more than $6, you also get Wargame: European Escalation and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.

I have heard tremendous things about Divinity II. I am also very interested in Cities XL and Blood Bowl. And Game of Thrones RPG. So... a buck? How can I resist?

(It gives you a single steam key, by the way).
I bought the bundle specifically for Divinity II: Developer's Cut. (And yes, I realize I'll never have time to play it, but Larian Studios rocks and part of my payment goes to charity, so count me in.)
Zephyrs wrote:I played Bioshock Infinite and found it very enjoyable. Nothing seems to compare to Skyrim for me however. After getting a taste of the series thanks to John's gift of Oblivion, I have become a complete addict of Skyrim.
I am so glad to hear that you really took to Oblivion, Scott! I often bemoan my lack of time to play games (although I have been sneaking in a few late-night session of Civilization V: Brave New World). If there were just one game that I could set aside time for, it would be Skyrim. Man, that game looks cool. I just know that I'd get lost in the world and lose all momentum on my work, though, so I'll have to restrict myself to looking on it with lust from afar. :,-(
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”