The official PEBAblo game thread

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The official PEBAblo game thread

#61 Post by John »

No problem. Since Tom can't make it and Frank is still playing catch-up, we will cancel for tonight and pick up with a full slate of games next week. See you then! ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#62 Post by DanD »

I think I'm going through Diablo withdrawl. Reminds me of highschool :-)
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#63 Post by Hitmen »

Bureaucrats wrote:I think I'm going through Diablo withdrawl. Reminds me of highschool :-)
Ooo shall we finally fix this tonight? ;-D :grin:
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#64 Post by John »

Hitmen wrote:
Bureaucrats wrote:I think I'm going through Diablo withdrawl. Reminds me of highschool :-)
Ooo shall we finally fix this tonight? ;-D :grin:
I'm hoping so... I'm going through Diablo withdrawal myself! Nobody better pop on here in the next few hours saying they can't make it! :-#
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#65 Post by Lions »

So I did try to stop by last night and join you guys, but since my guy hadn't yet defeated Baal, was unable to do so. I ended up leveling on some Baal runs for a bit with a group that was powering through them, and then managed to get a couple of folks together who actually needed the quest. So next time, I should be able to join you guys for a bit. What quests are you up to in Nightmare?
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#66 Post by DanD »

We just finished act 1. I might have some time tonight to help catch you up.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#67 Post by John »

Most of us are around the level 40 mark, Frank, so if you can get Shishka-Barb around that area, you should be fine.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#68 Post by Lions »

Cool, thanks. I'm up to level 45, I just haven't done any of the Act 1 quests yet.
Frank Esselink
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#69 Post by DanD »

So I had forgotten that I used my Nightmare Respec after we started Act 1 before out week off. So It looks like we'll have to wait for Hell difficulty for a Poisonmancer! :(
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#70 Post by Hitmen »

Bureaucrats wrote:So I had forgotten that I used my Nightmare Respec after we started Act 1 before out week off. So It looks like we'll have to wait for Hell difficulty for a Poisonmancer! :(
Awww I wanted to throw some teleporting wolfies around :)
Michael Czosnyka

DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#71 Post by DanD »

I think our party has been working together very well. We seem to have a good balance of class types. One of the nice things about everyone playing a different class is that we don't have to fight over class specific items.

My current Necromancer build was a little boring at first, but it's actually kind of fun now that the monsters are tougher. With multiple people in the game my skeletons aren't very efficient killers, but that turns me into more of a Turtlemancer. :D I'd say my current niche is crowd control. The skeletons even the numbers in fights against hordes of demons, and they also mob and distract stronger bosses and monsters.

My current respec has a few more curses at my disposal. My new favorite is Terror - I was using it last night to disperse large mobs, or to push them back away from choke points. It was also handy for breaking up groups of range attacking monsters to allow the skeletons and our Tanks to close in. Oh, and I also use it to keep those demons away from my Necro's squishy body. I don't think I've been able to hit a monster since Act IV on Normal. :-B

However, I am looking forward to changing to a Poisonmancer once we get to Hell difficulty because fear the skeletons will be less helpful and we'll need to boost our killing power. I'll still hang on to a few useful curses for the party though.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#72 Post by Lions »

My barbarian has been a fun build for me. I'm currently using a pike, which has a super long attack distance that allows me to whirlwind and hit a ton of things while doing so. Only real problem is that my build is a bit wonky since I used my first respec too soon. I've got a bunch of random quests that I never did because I haven't been with the group the whole time, so I'll need to go back and do some of them. I also need to ditch my act 1 merc and get a much higher level one. She didn't power level with me on the Baal runs I did.

The sword you guys gave me last night gives me a bonus to warcries, so it's a nice chance to weapon switch, use the warcries, then switch back.
Frank Esselink
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#73 Post by Hitmen »

I actually can't wait to beat the current difficulty and get on to the next just so I can respec again :cry: I wanted to give the summoning build a try so I did. It's ok, but no where near as useful as my wind elemental build. I am looking forward to returning to my hurricane and random tornado spewing build, it actually started to get pretty powerful before I decided I wanted to try the one last tree I didn't.
Michael Czosnyka

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#74 Post by John »

Nutmeggers wrote:The sword you guys gave me last night gives me a bonus to warcries, so it's a nice chance to weapon switch, use the warcries, then switch back.
I'm glad that sword came in useful, Frank! Yeah, I saw the War Cries bonus on it and figured it would be right up your alley. As it turns out, I found a new morningstar at the very end of our session that will replace my old one. It does a ton of damage, though sadly it doesn't have the bonus to my Paladin skills that my current morningstar does.
Hitmen wrote:I actually can't wait to beat the current difficulty and get on to the next just so I can respec again :cry: I wanted to give the summoning build a try so I did. It's ok, but no where near as useful as my wind elemental build. I am looking forward to returning to my hurricane and random tornado spewing build, it actually started to get pretty powerful before I decided I wanted to try the one last tree I didn't.
Yeah, I was kind of missing all your tornadoes there at the end. :(
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#75 Post by DanD »

I just soloed a bit to get Kalim's Heart (and the Eye, which I must have forgotten to pick up). I was thinking though - don't we just need to make one Flail to open the stairs to the Durance of Hate? So as long as one person in the party has the makings, we'll all get the quest once we open the stairs with the flail?
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”