The official PEBAblo game thread

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

The official PEBAblo game thread

#1 Post by John »

Welcome to our "PEBAblo" Diablo II game thread! Here, you'll find recaps and updates on our league's ongoing Diablo II Battle.net game. The PEBAblo gaming group meets every Tuesday and Thursday night from 9:30-11:00 p.m. ET. We have six participants (NOTE: Red names are full-time players; blue names are part-time players):
  • Dan - The Necromancer "Balkadan"
  • John - The Paladin "Hruodland"
  • Michael - The Druid "Thorfinn"
  • Tom - The Amazon "Iysa" (NOTE: Tom is Michael's brother)
  • Bill - The Sorceress "Doiteanai"
  • Frank - The Barbarian "Shiska-Barb"
The PEBAblo party
Act I quest status
Session 1
The entire group met in town. This will be a rarity. Usually, only four of us will start a session together at most. The group used the time together to their advantage. Everyone advanced from level 1 to 11, and Shiska-Bark made it to level 12. A mighty part is forming.

Quests Completed
  • The Den of Evil - Rogue scouts found a cave near their encampment that is filled with shadowy creatures and horrors from beyond the grave. Akara, High Priestess of the Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye, feared that these creatures are massing for an attack against the encampment. We destroyed all of the monsters in the Den of Evil to prove our value to the rogues, who have taken us in.
  • Sisters' Burial Grounds - Kashya, leader of the rogue army, sent her scouts out afield. They reported an abomination in the Monastery graveyard. Blood Raven, one of the Rogue's finest captains in the battle against Diablo at Tristram, apparently was corrupted by Andariel, maiden of Anguish. We found Blood Raven in the Monastery graveyard, raising the Rogue's dead as zombies. Our party put an end to her misery.
  • Search for Cain - Akara informed us that we are facing an evil difficult to comprehend. Fortunately, there is one Horadrim Sage, schooled in the most arcane history and lore, who can help. He is known as Deckard Cain. We traveled to Tristram to find him. What we found were ruins and demons. Cain was trapped in a cage. We freed the old man, who returned to the rogue encampment and assisted Akara in determining how to activate the Cairn Stones. They will take us to our next quest.
I hope members of our group will share their experiences with us! The more storytellers, the better. ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: The official PEBAblo game thread

#2 Post by Hitmen »

Hoping to have the vent server up and running for our next session. Will make things so much easier when we can talk in game or at least listen as opposed to typing. We seemed to have a lot of down time, so should hopefully speed things up.

I can't wait for part 3 to come out although I believe it might be delayed last I heard.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

A reminder to our core group that our second PEBAblo session will start tonight at 9 p.m. ET. Michael, pass the word along to Tom!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by DanD »

I might be late to the party tonight.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Hitmen »

I am in the chat channel "PEBAblo" in game, probably a good idea to start meeting in a chat channel before we start so we know who is around. ;-D
Michael Czosnyka

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

Bureaucrats wrote:I might be late to the party tonight.
What time do you expect to make it?

GENERAL NOTE: If you're expecting to be late for a session, or to miss a session entirely, make sure to follow these steps:
  1. Let us know as far in advance as possible.
  2. If you will just be late and not missing entirely, let us know what time you expect to be ready.
I will wait to create our PEBAblo group until you post back here, Dan.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by DanD »

i am here now, but I might have to step away at some point during the session.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by John »

Andariel, maiden of Anguish
The fall of Andariel
Balkadan, Hruodland, Thorfinn and Iysa set out to defeat Andariel. Sadly, Balkadan was called away by his mother. The other three brave adventurers to taunted Balkadan for chickening out and buggering off.

After the fun was over, the reduced group resumed their quest. First, we assaulted the Forgotten Tower. The Tower Tome recounts a story of a Countess who was buried alive. Her castle, in which so many cruel deeds took place, fell rapidly to ruin. Rising over the buried dungeons, a solitary tower is all that remains. The Countess's fortune was said to be divided among the clergy, although some say that more remains unfound, still buried in the tower. we defeated the Countess who dwelt on the firth floor.

Next, we took on the Tools of the Trade. When Charsi fled the Monastery she left behind her Horadric Malus, an enchanted smithing hammer. We retried the Malus for her, though we declined her offer to use its magic to strengthen our weapons.

Finally, we went after Andariel and the Sisters to the Slaughter. Andariel corrupted members of the rogue sisterhood and defiled their ancient monastery. She wished to make the Monastery a permanent outpost of Hell and block the way east forever. As you can see from the screenshot above, she was not successful. We put an end to her and moved on to Act II.
Hruodland's stats at the end of Act I
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Hitmen »

Yay to be out of that boring first chapter :) That final dungeon area always seems to never end. On to the heat of the deserts next ;-D
Michael Czosnyka

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by John »

Now that we've determined that we can finish quests in about half an hour, and knowing that there are six quests per Act, the PEBAblo gaming group has decided to adjust their meeting times to 9:30-11:00 p.m. ET on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This will allow our non-core members to get more time in with the main group while still allowing us to finish around three quests a night. Our next meeting is this coming Tuesday and I'm really looking forward to it. I need to level up so I can gain enough strength to use this sweet new sword I discovered!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by John »

A reminder that tonight's meeting runs from 9:30-11:00 p.m. ET. I did a little playing on the side to get my character slightly buffed up, but I didn't do too much... I still want to finish quests with you guys. :D See you all tonight!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by DanD »

I'm all caught up now and I'm in act 2. See you guys tonight.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Lions »

Hmm... I thought we were playing tomorrow.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Hitmen »

Nutmeggers wrote:Hmm... I thought we were playing tomorrow.
Hmm, I thought Tuesday as well? Did people meet up to play on Monday? I am confused.
Michael Czosnyka

Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Bill »

FYI - I can't make it tonight. My in-laws are coming into town tonight. As it looks now, I'm also not free on Thursday.

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”