PEBACiv - Game 4

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Jim

Re: PEBACiv - Game 4

#106 Post by Jim »

Can someone please shoot me an email when it's time to start up the next session? I check the progress on the forums occasionally but forget sometimes.
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#107 Post by Hitmen »

Cliff Hangers wrote:Can someone please shoot me an email when it's time to start up the next session? I check the progress on the forums occasionally but forget sometimes.
At this point I am waiting just like you :) I am thinking probably another couple sessions at the least, unless I read the atmosphere wrong.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#108 Post by John »

Jason, do we have a status report on your availability for tonight's session?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#109 Post by Jason »

Yes - I should be able to make it tonight!
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

Forum: 200+
June 8, 2011-2020: 847-800 (Omaha Cyclones)
2021-June 5, 2023: 179-202 (Hartford Harpoon)
Warnke ERA: 1026-1002 (.506)
2015 SL Champions (OMA)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#110 Post by John »

Not much happened in this disconnect-plagued session. Germany and America started off staring each other down militarily, but cooler heads eventually prevailed. Late in the session, Germany constructed the Manhattan Project, though they'll need a uranium source before they can go chucking nuclear missiles around. People are trying to make progress towards non-military victory conditions, but it's slow going at the moment.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#111 Post by Bill »

As an FYI -
With the baseball season starting up, I'm probably gonna have to give up playing on most Thursdays. I have Durham Bulls tix roughly every other Thursday. I think it starts next week, but I'll have to double check.

I would also be perfectly fine calling this game a 4-way tie...

EDIT: I checked and my tix start the 21st, so next week will probably be my last Thursday.
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#112 Post by Jason »

I have a conference call tonight at 8pm est - no way I will be home in time to play civ tonight. This week is nutty with tax season coming to a close. However, I should be fine for Thursday night and next week I am totally available.

Thanks.
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

2015 SL Champions (OMA)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#113 Post by John »

NOTICE! Tonight's Civ V session has been CANCELED!
Apologies to everyone for the late notice. We will convene again on Thursday. I fully intend to wrap up PEBACiv Game 4 no later than next Monday night.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Jason
All-Star
All-Star

#114 Post by Jason »

You guys will hate me yet again, but this is another late night at the office and actually driving to several clients homes. You can chalk this up to people waiting until the last minute - AGAIN.

I am down for whatever - I will play Monday and Thursday next week or would be fine with calling it - and crowning Bill champ with a tie the remaining way. Whatever you guys want.

My apologies again.
Jason Warnke
Former Omaha Cyclones GM
Hartford Harpoon Founder

2015 SL Champions (OMA)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#115 Post by John »

NOTICE! Tonight's Civ V session has been CANCELED!
I'm sure I speak for the others when I say we want to finish what we started. It's never a problem if someone needs to miss a session; we just want to shoot for more forewarning. Even a, "It's X% likely that I will miss this upcoming session," is preferable to a last-minute cancellation. See if you can project forward, determine how your schedule might play out and let us know if there's even a possibility that you will miss a session.

We'll try again Monday. I had set Monday as my goal for wrapping up PEBACiv Game 4. With this cancellation, I must revise that estimate. My understanding is that Bill will be unavailable for next Thursday's session. Assuming I'm right about that (Bill, am I right about that?) and assuming that we are able to play both the next Mondays, I am now targeting Monday, April 25 as the final session for Game 4.

With the consent of the group, I would like to make PEBACiv Game 4 the final Civilization V game for the PEBA gaming group. I love the potential of Civ V, but the multiplayer problems - most notably, the need to have every member present to start sessions and the frequent disconnects - make it a difficult game to play online. I would like to see Diablo II that Civ V's place. Assuming the group is amenable, we would not be beholden to our current Monday/Thursday, 8-11 p.m. ET schedule. I would check optimal times with all interested members and devise a new schedule that works for the majority of the group. Again assuming that Frank, Bill, Dan and Michael (or anyone else, for that matter) are interested, I will be scheduling a Diablo II connectivity test as soon as Dan has procured a copy of the game.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#116 Post by Bill »

AFAIK, I am still unavailable for next Thursday. There is a small chance I may trade my tix for Friday. I'll let you know for sure by Monday.
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#117 Post by DanD »

Game on for tonight?
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#118 Post by John »

Game on!
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#119 Post by John »

All hail Dan, ruler of Siam, who has been elected as Leader of the Free World by his peers! Dan constructed the United Nations and received unanimous support from the world's other nations. He has been declared the winner of PEBACiv Game 4, a game that had been progressing quietly since the early ouster of two of its players but ended with fireworks when America launched an unprovoked sneak attack on the Germans. Funny thing about the Germans, though - they didn't have much land, but they did have a formidable fighting force. With the help of Siamese forces, America was beaten back. Four American cities fell - three to the Germans, one to Siam - before the U.N. vote called a halt to the proceedings. It wasn't a waste of time, though. Enlarge the picture above and look at the scores in the upper right-hand corner. You'll notice Germany, who had been languishing in last place all game long, leapfrogged those dirty Americans and ended in third place. :twisted:

This draws our PEBACiv games to a close. Our gaming group will begin playing Diablo II after we have verified that we can all connect together on Battle.net. That test will take place Tuesday night at 9:00 p.m. ET. Dan, Bill, Frank, Michael C. and me will be the participants. Guys, start thinking about what class you want to play! And thank you to everyone who participated in our four PEBACiv games. Gentlemen, it was a blast. ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#120 Post by DanD »

Victory in the name of the Banana Mountain Alliance! Kudos to America for negotiating for his survival until the end of the game. If not for an outburst of violence in the 1990's, he would have finished in 3rd place.

Good game everyone!
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”